Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The *** Official *** Daylight Savings Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Do you see that light at the end of the tunnel? That light is the glimmer of the dawn of daylight savings time. In just a week and a half, the dark age will come to an end and life can once again resume for people.

Saturday night, March 12, set your clocks forward an hour and wake up Sunday, March 13, and bask in the glory that is daylight savings time. The beautiful signal that the horrors of winter are officially behind all of us.

Everyone rejoice! We have all made it and survived the dark ages of 2016! Banana

It's my favorite time of the year.

I like the night. That's when all the freaks come out..
[Image: 45%20RPM%20%20LOT%201900%20(43).JPG]

Dakota...are you Ameliaisland????
What a waste of time anymore...

Like summer break for the kids. There's no crops to be pickin'

Spring fwd more like fall on my face.

Quote:Do you see that light at the end of the tunnel? That light is the glimmer of the dawn of daylight savings time. In just a week and a half, the dark age will come to an end and life can once again resume for people.

Saturday night, March 12, set your clocks forward an hour and wake up Sunday, March 13, and bask in the glory that is daylight savings time. The beautiful signal that the horrors of winter are officially behind all of us.

Everyone rejoice! We have all made it and survived the dark ages of 2016! Banana
I love it, can't wait.
Quote:What a waste of time anymore...

It is hard to argue that DST is not good. For two days your sleep schedule is affected a bit, big deal. We have eight months of more sunlight, more time to get things accomplished outdoors, etc. Minor nusiance, but in the grand scheme of things makes life a little bit better (but humans hate to have to adjust!)

I wish we'd move the clocks ahead next Sunday morning and just keep them that way.
I love getting to walk my dogs in the evening without having to look for and pick up doggie doo in the dark. I wish I could say I enjoy doing a little yard work in the evening but that would be a big fat lie.

Quote:It is hard to argue that DST is not good. For two days your sleep schedule is affected a bit, big deal. We have eight months of more sunlight, more time to get things accomplished outdoors, etc. Minor nusiance, but in the grand scheme of things makes life a little bit better (but humans hate to have to adjust!)

I wish we'd move the clocks ahead next Sunday morning and just keep them that way.

How does DST create more sunlight? Are we switching over to 25 hour days?

All DST does is steal an hour of daylight from the morning and give it to the evening. You still have same exact amount of daylight, but you're just tricking yourself into getting up an hour earlier.
Quote:How does DST create more sunlight? Are we switching over to 25 hour days?

All DST does is steal an hour of daylight from the morning and give it to the evening. You still have same exact amount of daylight, but you're just tricking yourself into getting up an hour earlier.
Worded incorrectly, but I think you knew what I meant. We get more daylight in the evening hours.

You only have to "trick" yourself for a few days. After the initial few days you get back into the sleep routine and have 8 months of extended daylight in the evening.
I never got that extra sleep/losing sleep thing.

It's a freakin' hour.  It's not like you're flying six time zones or something.

Quote:I never got that extra sleep/losing sleep thing.

It's definitely a terrible excuse as to why there shouldn't be daylight savings time.
Quote:How does DST create more sunlight? Are we switching over to 25 hour days?

Most people utilize the extra hour in the afternoon than the morning.
Quote:I never got that extra sleep/losing sleep thing.

Doesn't really do anything for my sleep, but I do greatly prefer the shift in sunset timing.  
Quote:What a waste of time anymore...

I was reading an article that the idea that summer vacation was for crops is a myth. Article pointed out crops are harvested in the fall. It is an interesting read, and something I had never put much thought into.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.mentalfloss.com/article.php?id=56901'>http://m.mentalfloss.com/article.php?id=56901</a>
It's not good for people who work graveyard shift. You go into work it's dark, you leave work it's dark. You try to sleep 8 hours before work it's light.

Regards..................the Chiefjag
Quote:Most people utilize the extra hour in the afternoon than the morning.

Maybe they should get up and start their day at a reasonable hour.

But seriously, after next week, I will have to go to work in the darkness again.
Quote:I was reading an article that the idea that summer vacation was for crops is a myth. Article pointed out crops are harvested in the fall. It is an interesting read, and something I had never put much thought into.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.mentalfloss.com/article.php?id=56901'>http://m.mentalfloss.com/article.php?id=56901</a>
Exactly, we got AC. Get your behind to school.
Pages: 1 2 3