Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Very very interesting read on bb5. 1 of the best football articles I've ever read
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Sorry...I couldn't post a n link for some reason.
Interesting that it says you cant focus on one statistic then bases the whole acticle on touchdowns. Lets not talk about leading the league in 20 yard plus plays, having the longest play from scrimmage or even throwing for 4400 yards where only 12 guys threw for over 4000 and he he was the 7th heighest total.

It talks about not looking at numbers to make a determination but the article plays Nostradamus based on stats. Since he had the most redzone attemps that means he had a lot of tds because all of his scores were close? Whats? We didnt start at the opponents 20. He had to get us down there. Lol im not sure how this is the best article ever read but its premise was contradictory at worst and complex yet arbitrary at best.

But hey we all got an opinion....
Screw all the past players and percentages, I hope Bortles throws for even more next year. The article uses previous stats and makes a good argument, but at its root it's nothing but a prediction. Bort has some serious weapons going into next year, and it could just as easily be argued that he should be able to recreate or even outdo his 2015 TD numbers. He does need to improve his game still, but after last year's jump I don't see why it won't happen.
I get not being able to post a link, but could you maybe cite the article?

That was a loooong article to basically say he's going to regress. 

Screw the stats of other QBs.

He'll improve again but his numbers may not because the Jags should have a better running game to lean on and balance with the pass.
This is news to anyone who watched the Jaguars this season how?

It read like someone carefully selecting stats and analytics to fit a predetermined narrative. Confirmation bias at its most obvious.

He will throw for 40 next year.
Sooooo,

We're saying that Bortles who did something that has only been done 27 times in NFL history is probably not going to repeat that feat in his Third Year in the League.

Well! I, for one, am shocked -SHOCKED!- at this revelation and demand immediate and irrecoverable action by the Front Office! I will not stand for this loser mentality!

I remember last week on 1010xl them going on and on about Bortles needing to throw shorter passes and thinking ... Noooooo!!!!!  Guys finally throwing deep and you want capn' checkdown??   

Quote:I remember last week on 1010xl them going on and on about Bortles needing to throw shorter passes and thinking ... Noooooo!!!!!  Guys finally throwing deep and you want capn' checkdown??   

Certainly wouldn't want short quick passes like Brady and Manning....
Quote:Certainly wouldn't want short quick passes like Brady and Manning....

If they could throw deep every play, they would.
Quote:If they could throw deep every play, they would.

And Bortles could of course, as evidenced by that sky high completion percentage he boasts?
Quote:And Bortles could of course, as evidenced by that sky high completion percentage he boasts?

meh.  A high completion percentage isn't always a good thing.   
Kinda obvious. If we have a running game this year and are able to close games off before the 4th Q his stats will drop accordingly.
He's fine just the way he is. You live and die by a gun slinger.

We need more out of Yeldon.
Quote:meh.  A high completion percentage isn't always a good thing.   

Neither is going for big yardage while you fail to complete 3rd down after 3rd down.
i expect him to throw less tds, but thats because I expect us to have a redzone rushing offense next year still expect around 30 tds.

Pages: 1 2 3