Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: After watching the Super Bowl...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I can't wait to see Dante Fowler play for us. I hope he can provide the pass rush that is so greatly needed to be an ELITE TEAM. I know he can't do it all alone, but I have faith in DC to add the right pieces to the puzzle this off-season. 

Dante Fowler will not make us elite by himself. We still need to get some guys in free agency and the draft to upgrade the entire defense.

Quote:Dante Fowler will not make us elite by himself. We still need to get some guys in free agency and the draft to upgrade the entire defense.
I clearly said he "can't do it alone". Jesus H Christ, PVT Pyle.
Quote:I can't wait to see Dante Fowler play for us. I hope he can provide the pass rush that is so greatly needed to be an ELITE TEAM. I know he can't do it all alone, but I have faith in DC to add the right pieces to the puzzle this off-season. 

It's very likely this is what Dave Caldwell had in mind is using pick # 3 on Dante Fowler in the previous draft.   After seeing how well Von Miller overcame a torn ACL,  there's certainly reason for optimism that Fowler can do the same.  Especially,  since he's so young. 
Quote:  It's very likely this is what Dave Caldwell had in mind is using pick # 3 on Dante Fowler in the previous draft.   After seeing how well Von Miller overcame a torn ACL,  there's certainly reason for optimism that Fowler can do the same.  Especially,  since he's so young. 
I really hope he is right. This team is due for a Home Run pick on the defensive line.
Quote:I really hope he is right. This team is due for a Home Run pick on the defensive line.

As good as Tony Brackens was in the Jaguars early days,  if Dante Fowler becomes even close to the edge rusher that Von Miller is,  that clearly would be the foundation of the Jaguars Defense that can ultimately get the team to a level they haven't been before.  Especially,  with the foundation the Jaguars have on Offense at the QB position and at WR.
Quote:I can't wait to see Dante Fowler play for us. I hope he can provide the pass rush that is so greatly needed to be an ELITE TEAM. I know he can't do it all alone, but I have faith in DC to add the right pieces to the puzzle this off-season. 

Here is the thing about how great Von Miller played for Denver (not taking away his tremendous effort, but without those great Corners - Cam would've dumped the ball had he been on the Jaguars).  The Jaguars need a Josh Norman from Carolina for example, or Denver's Roby to help out House.  It wouldnt hurt to get another pass rusher since Fowler is coming back off of surgery and this will be his rookie year...

I look it at this way if they can get a CB Josh Norman in FA or FS Eric Weddle or Berry then they can go with a pass rusher should one be better than a corner available in the draft, or vice a versa .. i guess it all matters on who they get in FA & which player is there at #5...

both are huge needs for this team's defense to be better
Quote:Here is the thing about how great Von Miller played for Denver (not taking away his tremendous effort, but without those great Corners - Cam would've dumped the ball had he been on the Jaguars).  The Jaguars need a Josh Norman from Carolina for example, or Denver's Roby to help out House.  It wouldnt hurt to get another pass rusher since Fowler is coming back off of surgery and this will be his rookie year...

I look it at this way if they can get a CB Josh Norman in FA or FS Eric Weddle or Berry then they can go with a pass rusher should one be better than a corner available in the draft, or vice a versa .. i guess it all matters on who they get in FA & which player is there at #5...

both are huge needs for this team's defense to be better

Out of those players, only Weddle will be available, IMO. Gotta see who is actually out there to get before we start trying to guess. But i do agree, we have to add some pieces to the secondary. And not forget about the O-line as well.
Does GM Dave Caldwell go after Center Alex Mack like he did back in April 2014 (5 year deal that got Trumped)?

Quote:Does GM Dave Caldwell go after Center Alex Mack like he did back in April 2014 (5 year deal that got Trumped)?

After the year Mack just had, I'm not so sure. There are some centers in the draft who represent good value in the middle rounds, where DC has been money so far.

Dante's gonna be like Von miller, playing all over the place. We need another edge rusher like Ware. The game is definally won in the trenches.
Quote:Dante's gonna be like Von miller, playing all over the place. We need another edge rusher like Ware. The game is definally won in the trenches.

Would love to grab Spence. I think the kid is the best pass rusher in the draft.
Quote:Would love to grab Spence. I think the kid is the best pass rusher in the draft.

Trade back a few spots, grab spence and a few draft pick.
I'd take him at 5 if Bosa is gone.
Quote:I clearly said he "can't do it alone". Jesus H Christ, PVT Pyle.

Consider the source
Pretty sure we won't be getting V. Miller in the free agency.
Any GM watching that game last night is looking at his roster of pass rushers and trying to figure a way to improve it.  The good pass rushers in both free agency and the draft just witnessed there stock go up and wallets grow. 

Apparently Jalen Ramsey can rush the passer
Watching this game of Fowler, gives me hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmAd7XrXXbE#t=31

I think what makes Von so special (outside of his pass rush moves) is he is a complete linebacker. He started at TAMU as a weakside LB, and then started adding pass rush moves to his game. If you combined Myles Jack with Noah Spence, then you would have a Von Miller prospect.

Quote:Dante Fowler will not make us elite by himself. We still need to get some guys in free agency and the draft to upgrade the entire defense.
Are you doing this because you find making stupid posts entertaining, or are you really that challenged?
Pages: 1 2 3