Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags significantly under the minimum 89 percent cash spending required by next year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I think most people know we will be active in FA this year but we have to spend some money. 

The Oakland Raiders and Jacksonville Jaguars are the only two NFL teams below the 89 percent cash spending required by next year, and they are significantly under the minimum, the players' union said Thursday.

NFL Players Association Executive Director DeMaurice Smith singled out the Oakland Raiders as being $41 million below the spending floor they must reach by March 2017. The Jacksonville Jaguars are $28 million short of the collectively bargained requirements, Smith added.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/147180...nflpa-says

All that says to me is the Oakland Raiders are way better at building a team than the Jaguars. Significantly better coached too.

You are right - JDR is the best!

Von Miller
Quote:Von Miller
hes not going anywhere let this dream die now before it cultivates any further
Raiders have far more than I realized...
Quote:All that says to me is the Oakland Raiders are way better at building a team than the Jaguars. Significantly better coached too.

Yeah genius the Oakland Raiders are built way better then this team and they only won 2 more games to show for it. Please get a clue and pay attention to the moves this team has made in the last three years instead of being so negative about this franchise.
Quote:Yeah genius the Oakland Raiders are built way better then this team and they only won 2 more games to show for it. Please get a clue and pay attention to the moves this team has made in the last three years instead of being so negative about this franchise.

Dude just forget him.. Not worth it. Trolls/losers like that should never be responded to.

Anyway, all this says is that the Jags and Raiders will be spending big time in free agency.
It appears the Jags will be spending some money.  Yea.

Spend wisely for maximum results.

Quote:Dude just forget him.. Not worth it. Trolls/losers like that should never be responded to.

Anyway, all this says is that the Jags and Raiders will be spending big time in free agency.
Quote:Dude just forget him.. Not worth it. Trolls/losers like that should never be responded to.

I'll keep your advice in mind next time.
Quote:All that says to me is the Oakland Raiders are way better at building a team than the Jaguars. Significantly better coached too.

[Image: troll-face-kapak-fotograflari+(16).png]
Quote:Yeah genius the Oakland Raiders are built way better then this team and they only won 2 more games to show for it. Please get a clue and pay attention to the moves this team has made in the last three years instead of being so negative about this franchise.
Well to be fair.... They won 2 more games in a much much harder division. 

Also if this team had won 7 do you know how happy this board would be?

I'm not saying the Raiders are built way better than the Jags but they do have that one piece we are extremely lacking: a bonafide stud pass rusher.

And why are so many people wanting Von Miller? There is absolutely no way this dude hits FA.

Pumped we got all this money to use. Spend it all on a center/guard and on defense Dave.

Quote:hes not going anywhere let this dream die now before it cultivates any further

Exactly. He will be franchised
Quote:You are right - JDR is the best!
Nah Gus Bradley is rivaling Bill Belichick for that title.
Quote:hes not going anywhere let this dream die now before it cultivates any further
Let me dream
Spending wisely is key.

4 teams have spent 350 million in free agency since 2012. Broncos,Bucs,Titans(???) and Dolphins..only the Broncos have a winning record the rest are a combined 66-126.

(Stolen from reddit)
Quote:Spending wisely is key.

4 teams have spent 350 million in free agency since 2012. Broncos,Bucs,Titans(???) and Dolphins..only the Broncos have a winning record the rest are a combined 66-126.

(Stolen from reddit)
Bucs, Titans, Fins don't have good QB's
Give some extensions to some of our own young guys. It would be smart to lock up Hurns - maybe a 5 year, $20-25 million deal? It would be a bargain if he kept up his production, and considering he did this all with a hernia, you figure he's probably good for it.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5