Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Yeldon held in high esteem amongst NFL community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I know people don't like Walter Football but Charlie Campbell is a legit reliable source of info.

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2016rumors5.php

Quote:Sources said that Clowney could be better than the Raiders' Khalil Mack, which is pretty incredible because those same sources said they believe that Mack will be a Hall of Famer. They said Mack is out of this world. 

Jaguars running back T.J. Yeldon is in a similar status to Clowney. Opposing teams think Yeldon could be a tremendous NFL running back and has the skill set to be a top-10 runner in the league, but staying healthy is the big challenge for Yeldon, who was dinged up as a rookie and throughout his time at Alabama. 

Also note the first paragraph that says we prefer a pass rusher with the 5th pick.

The article just says we will pick a pass rusher in the first round, not necessarily at #5.

....ok

I think people don't give Yeldon enough credit actually, especially within our fan base.

There were times/moments where Yeldon played like a beast. Breaking tackles to even get back to the line of scrimmage, stiff arms, extra yards, receiving, blocking, slipping tackles, and NOT FUMBLING.

I honesty give him an A for the season. Of course he had mistakes and rookie moments, and only scored twice, etc., but I saw a lot of potential. I can imagine him only getting better and as stated above, join the top 10 in NFL backs. Next year we will see Bortles TDs go slightly down, but we will also see Yeldons TDs go up.
Quote:I think people don't give Yeldon enough credit actually, especially within our fan base.

There were times/moments where Yeldon played like a beast. Breaking tackles to even get back to the line of scrimmage, stiff arms, extra yards, receiving, blocking, slipping tackles, and NOT FUMBLING.

I honesty give him an A for the season. Of course he had mistakes and rookie moments, and only scored twice, etc., but I saw a lot of potential. I can imagine him only getting better and as stated above, join the top 10 in NFL backs. Next year we will see Bortles TDs go slightly down, but we will also see Yeldons TDs go up.

T.J. Yeldon's biggest problem was the five guys in front of him. They did not create holes for him to run through. That was most frustrating inside the 5 because no matter who our running back was, he could not go anywhere on three tries. Fix the run blocking and we will see a lot more YPC.
Quote:I know people don't like Walter Football but Charlie Campbell is a legit reliable source of info.

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2016rumors5.php

Also note the first paragraph that says we prefer a pass rusher with the 5th pick.

Hmmm....so from your link they wrote;

However, Fowler is an unknown commodity who may need time to develop, and who knows if his injury will have a hangover into what is essentially his rookie season. Thus, taking another end to go on the other side from him could make sense. Potential targets include Oregon's DeForest Buckner and Ohio State's Joey Bosa. Of course, sources also say that a shutdown corner is in play. If the Jaguars had equally graded prospects available at corner or edge rusher, the inclination is towards the latter.

---------------------------------

I guess that makes sense it all depends on who they have graded higher if they feel they have an elite pass rusher that is equal to the elite corner they are going with the pass rusher...

i think that is a mistake as both are needs but I think the corner is too big of a need not to address... but maybe they just dont want to show their hand to other teams too..
Quote:Hmmm....so from your link they wrote;

However, Fowler is an unknown commodity who may need time to develop, and who knows if his injury will have a hangover into what is essentially his rookie season. Thus, taking another end to go on the other side from him could make sense. Potential targets include Oregon's DeForest Buckner and Ohio State's Joey Bosa. Of course, sources also say that a shutdown corner is in play. If the Jaguars had equally graded prospects available at corner or edge rusher, the inclination is towards the latter.

---------------------------------

I guess that makes sense it all depends on who they have graded higher if they feel they have an elite pass rusher that is equal to the elite corner they are going with the pass rusher...

i think that is a mistake as both are needs but I think the corner is too big of a need not to address... but maybe they just dont want to show their hand to other teams too..

Pass rusher is a bazillion times a bigger need than corner.
If we had an all world pass rush House would look like an All-Pro.

Quote:If we had an all world pass rush House would look like an All-Pro.

Tryna say...
Quote:If we had an all world pass rush House would look like an All-Pro.
This, simply cannot judge any of our corners due to the complete and utter disaster that was our rush. No corner can cover for 4-6+ seconds regularly.

Edit, forgot the basic topic, Yeldon. Hopefully that dude can stay healthy as he looks to move effortlessly at times.

The rest of the NFL holds him (Yeldon) in high regards because he doesn't score TD's against them. Don't know how anyone could give him an A. I was thinking a C- for stumbling to the ground every other play and not breaking a big one.

Quote:The rest of the NFL holds him (Yeldon) in high regards because he doesn't score TD's against them. Don't know how anyone could give him an A. I was thinking a C- for stumbling to the ground every other play and not breaking a big one.

Please... Greedy bro
Quote:The article just says we will pick a pass rusher in the first round, not necessarily at #5.
How many first round picks do we have, and where are we picking?

Regarding Yeldon, I think he's going to be a solid back for the Jags.  He just needs to stay healthy.  I liked his patience and his vision in allowing plays to develop.  Someone above mentioned him stumbling, but I thought he showed incredible ability to keep his feet and get extra yardage after a hit, especially when first contact was usually happening behind the line of scrimmage. 

As far as his big play ability is concerned, while it would be nice to have an explosive back like Fred Taylor, I'll take a guy who can pound it for 4+ yards per carry.  He just needs to find a way to stay healthy,

Quote:How many first round picks do we have, and where are we picking?

Regarding Yeldon, I think he's going to be a solid back for the Jags.  He just needs to stay healthy.  I liked his patience and his vision in allowing plays to develop.  Someone above mentioned him stumbling, but I thought he showed incredible ability to keep his feet and get extra yardage after a hit. 

As far as his big play ability is concerned, while it would be nice to have an explosive back like Fred Taylor, I'll take a guy who can pound it for 4+ yards per carry.  He just needs to find a way to stay healthy,
Agree.

Leveon Bell doesn't go 80 yards to the house but the dude is good.

Oh and I can answer the question for her

"We have 1 first round pick at #5. I would think someone like you would already know that"
Quote:This, simply cannot judge any of our corners due to the complete and utter disaster that was our rush. No corner can cover for 4-6+ seconds regularly.

Edit, forgot the basic topic, Yeldon. Hopefully that dude can stay healthy as he looks to move effortlessly at times.

Quote:The rest of the NFL holds him (Yeldon) in high regards because he doesn't score TD's against them. Don't know how anyone could give him an A. I was thinking a C- for stumbling to the ground every other play and not breaking a big one.
If the pass rush improves, I really hope the secondary plays more aggressively or something...  They couldn't cover for 1-2 seconds last year either.

With Yeldon, I'm not going to be quite that harsh...  He has great vision and is better than anyone we've had for a while.  He seemed to be getting better later in the year, but over the course of the season, he was brought down by way too many arm tackles.  He doesn't resemble a power runner, but he really needs to get a lot stronger to reach his potential.
Quote:How many first round picks do we have, and where are we picking?

I was thinking of a trade down scenario.
TJ is underrated in the fact that he is actually a complete running back. He isn't going to take it 80 yards, but Olson/Bradley dont want that kind of feature back anyway.

He has the tools to be really good, now he's just got to put it all together.
Quote:TJ is underrated in the fact that he is actually a complete running back. He isn't going to take it 80 yards, but Olson/Bradley dont want that kind of feature back anyway.

He has the tools to be really good, now he's just got to put it all together.
He's going to get a ton of reps next year. No Gerhart to steal goal line carries.
Quote:He's going to get a ton of reps next year. No Gerhart to steal goal line carries.
Along with an (hopefully) upgraded O-line, I'm excited to see what he can do his 2nd year.
Quote:I was thinking of a trade down scenario.
There's no indication the Jags are trading out of that spot. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4