Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars.com Poll 29 Jan 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I thought that it would be interesting to see who the favorite candidates are here on the message board, and get some numbers associated with them.  I've included the top three candidates as I see it for each party.  The outlook might change a bit in the coming weeks, so after a few weeks we can run another poll and see if anything has changed.

There is no need to comment or reveal your choice unless you want to.  It's well known the favorite of quite a few on here.  I am hoping that maybe others that don't comment as much might at least vote in the poll.

For me my favorite is still Marco Rubio with Ted Cruz being a close second.

EDIT - The poll seems to have a requirement to answer both questions, so I modified it.

Christ, it's like picking between herpes and chlamydia. 

Rand Paul even if I have to write him in at this point
Quote:Rand Paul even if I have to write him in at this point
I'd vote Rand if he made as the nominee, but since the Bradley has a better chance at being a competent coach than Rand has of being the GOP nominee, I'll just vote 3rd party like I always do. 

Interesting so far in the early stage of this poll.  On the republican side, support for Rubio and Cruz is tied with no support for Trump.  On the democrat side, no support for the "front runner" Hillary.  I assume that the "other" votes imply that people would like another candidate, for example Rand Paul.

It would be interesting to run a poll that included party affiliation, demographic data (including age, race, income range, sexual orientation, etc.).  That would give us a good snapshot of the general feeling of voters.

Here is my guess.  I'm guessing that those that support Rubio are probably republicans (maybe some democrats) over the age of 35.  Supporters of Cruz are probably republican over the age of maybe 40.

On the democrat side, I would guess that people supporting Bernie Sanders are either far-left liberals, college aged or on the lower spectrum when it comes to income.  Interesting that there is not one single vote for Hillary so far.

Anyone besides Hillary or Donald. Unfortunately, both will likely be the frontrunners and bring worldwide doom
I'm not voting for any of these [BLEEP].
Rand. Straight-up.

JIB, I have to ask, what makes you so strongly support a big-government totalitarian in disguise?

Donald J. Trump, the only one who isn't controlled by wall street, big oil, big media, or big banks. B)

Quote:Donald J. Trump, the only one who isn't controlled by wall street, big oil, big media, or big banks. B)

Or himself.
Quote:Rand Paul even if I have to write him in at this point

This.
Quote:Donald J. Trump, the only one who isn't controlled by wall street, big oil, big media, or big banks. B)

To be fair; for all his stupidity Trump is the only candidate who you know whom he is working for. Trump will always do what's best for Trump.
I'm really warming up to Cruz, Rubio, flip-flopped on immigration so..... I think he's a R.I.N.O.

Quote:I'm really warming up to Cruz, Rubio, flip-flopped on immigration so..... I think he's a R.I.N.O.
He's a big-government totalitarian who believes that the best way to win over a populace is to exert total control over its actions, words and thoughts.

Kind of like Bernie Sanders, except Rubio's more honest about what he wants and how he'll do it.
Speaking of Hilldawg, here's some lulz 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dY77j6u...e=youtu.be
Quote:Rand. Straight-up.

JIB, I have to ask, what makes you so strongly support a big-government totalitarian in disguise?

I'm not sure where you get your "totalitarian" description, but here is why I like Marco Rubio.

He is right-of-center and supports traditional conservative values while demonstrating the willingness and ability to "reach across the aisle" and compromise with the left.  While some people may not see that as a strength, I look at it realistically.  Congress, as well as the USA is pretty much divided into two general groups (right and left).  To really get anything done, one has to work with both groups and be willing to compromise when necessary.

A far-right candidate is not the answer, and we've seen the results of a far-left President.  We have a sluggish economy, a weaker military and degrading relations among us.  Barrack Obama was supposed to bring the country together, yet we are divided even more, not just along political lines, but racial, lifestyle (homosexuality, abortion, etc.) and many other ways.

Marco Rubio has outlined a plan to fix the economy, upgrade education, upgrade/update the military and deal with the terrorist threat.  His campaign message is all about the future and the 21st century.  All of the other candidates are talking about "politics as usual".
Quote:To be fair; for all his stupidity Trump is the only candidate who you know whom he is working for. Trump will always do what's best for Trump.
agreed...I like the things Trump is saying more than what I'm hearing from any others but talk is one thing and actually doing stuff is another...The biggest thing I like about Trump is he is clear on where he stands...

Trump (as you said) has always done what's best for Trump and he always will, but is that a bad thing? If he can stimulate business for American companies, that's a good thing, or bring outsourced jobs back from India and such by taxing the [BLEEP] out of them so it's cheaper to keep American companies jobs here in the States, I'm all for it...Maybe he's just saying what people want to hear, I don't know, but I like what I hear...

Trump, before anything is a businessman, not a politician, and I think we need to rid the White House of politicians (probably a pipe dream)...Now I'm not saying I will vote for Trump, I haven't made up my mind yet, but I like hearing what he's saying more than I like anything from anyone else...
Quote:Marco Rubio has outlined a plan to fix the economy, upgrade education, upgrade/update the military and deal with the terrorist threat.  His campaign message is all about the future and the 21st century.  All of the other candidates are talking about "politics as usual".
If you consider stripping Americans of their rights to be "dealing with the terrorist threat", sure. Personally, I believe that we can deal with domestic terror threats without letting Rubio into our emails, browsing histories, phone calls, credit and debit card transactions, and without giving his NSA carte blanche to ignore the Consitution, conduct warrantless detentions, searches and seizures, continue militarizing police departments and driving X-Ray scanner trucks around the streets of major cities to conduct dangerous, illegal digital strip searches that establish "probable cause" despite needing probable cause themselves to be conducted.

I'd vote for Clinton over Rubio. And I hate Clinton.

What makes you think so? He has changed his stand on so many issues that it's impossible to know what he stands for, or more importantly what he'd stand for two years hence. His policy statements are no more meaningful than "Hope and Change." And he's made so many shady deals with government in the past that he probably owes a lot of people favors.

Rand is my favorite, and I don't think he owes big anyone anything. He's right about privacy vs. security. I'm basing my support partly on the influence of his father, since his voting record wasn't exactly "Dr. No." (Ron Paul's nickname in congress).

I'm impressed with Cruz standing up in Iowa against ethanol subsidies as part of his overall stance against subsidies for anything. He's certainly not controlled by anyone that I can tell, and has a voting record against corporate welfare better than Rand's.

Pages: 1 2 3