Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Oregon militia leader Ammon Bundy, 7 others arrested after gunfight kills 1, injures 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Oregon militia leader Ammon Bundy, 7 others arrested after gunfight kills 1, injures 1

The leader of a group of armed protesters who had occupied a federal wildlife refuge in eastern Oregon for 24 days was arrested along with four others Tuesday after a traffic stop prompted gunfire that left one person dead and another injured.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/27/ore...tcmp=hpbt1

The daughter of the guy who was killed said his hands were in the air when they shot him.  She says there were six witnesses.  Doubt it matters.  You think this is a free country or something?  The government can kill whoever they want without reason.

Quote:The daughter of the guy who was killed said his hands were in the air when they shot him.  She says there were six witnesses.  Doubt it matters.  You think this is a free country or something?  The government can kill whoever they want without reason.

Do you really believe this is the way that it happened?  Everyone in their crew had their hands in the air and were willfully surrendering to the authorities after all the rhetoric they've thrown out there. 

You can't be that naive.
Quote:Already posted: http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...ntry685419

the death of one of the protesters is worthy of its own topic imo
Quote:Do you really believe this is the way that it happened?  Everyone in their crew had their hands in the air and were willfully surrendering to the authorities after all the rhetoric they've thrown out there. 

You can't be that naive.

how am I supposed to know?  I wasn't there, and dont know of any video.  

You cant be so naive as to think the Feds are above shooting a man when it isn't necessary.

Quote:how am I supposed to know?  I wasn't there, and dont know of any video.  

You cant be so naive as to think the Feds are above shooting a man when it isn't necessary.

[Image: quote-i-shot-a-man-in-reno-just-to-watch...-41-26.jpg]
Quote:how am I supposed to know?  I wasn't there, and dont know of any video.  

If I'm arresting a group of guys that have said there is going to be a gun fight if they are going to be arrested I am going to assume the worst.  If something is out of place something has to be done.  I've seen your posts regarding other police involved shootings, I find it interesting that is this is the stance you take here.
Quote:If I'm arresting a group of guys that have said there is going to be a gun fight if they are going to be arrested I am going to assume the worst.  If something is out of place something has to be done.  I've seen your posts regarding other police involved shootings, I find it interesting that is this is the stance you take here.

What stance?  It's a fact that police and federal agents will light you up without needing a good reason... I dont even understand what you are trying to argue here.

Was there a real gun fight? I dont know. Maybe there was. I simply pointed out what witnesses are saying.  One of the witnesses said they shot him in the face while his hands were up and then again three times in the back.  That isn't something that should just be ignored.  But if you want to ignore it, that's your prerogative.

I'm with the cops on this one.   Those guys have been in there long enough.   They need to get out and go home or get arrested.   Enough is enough. 

Quote:What stance?  It's a fact that police and federal agents will light you up without needing a good reason... I dont even understand what you are trying to argue here.

Was there a real gun fight? I dont know. Maybe there was. I simply pointed out what witnesses are saying.  One of the witnesses said they shot him in the face while his hands were up and then again three times in the back.  That isn't something that should just be ignored.  But if you want to ignore it, that's your prerogative.

If the feds wanted to kill these guys, why allow them to disrupt things by letting them play clubhouse in a federal building for the last month?
Quote:If the feds wanted to kill these guys, why allow them to disrupt things by letting them play clubhouse in a federal building for the last month?

They probably wanted the protesters to fire the first shot.

You're probably right though.  Our government is ultimately a very friendly entity and never does anything wrong.
Quote:You're probably right though.  Our government is ultimately a very friendly entity and never does anything wrong.

Not what I said at all, but sure, let's go with that.
Quote:They probably wanted the protesters to fire the first shot.

You're probably right though.  Our government is ultimately a very friendly entity and never does anything wrong.

What ever happened to law and order?   Are we supposed to let these people occupy federal buildings with impunity?   When are we supposed to do something about it?  
Quote:What stance?  It's a fact that police and federal agents will light you up without needing a good reason... I dont even understand what you are trying to argue here.

Do you also believe Michael Brown was just some innocent guy murdered by the police?  
Quote:Do you also believe Michael Brown was just some innocent guy murdered by the police?

I believe he was not an innocent man.....murdered by the police.

But on the topic at hand, I found it odd that the Feds took such a passive approach to begin with, knowing the stance of these idiots.

I tend to think these fools created a situation where, in this instance, the Feds had little choice. I could be wrong.
Squeaky wheels get greased. Sometimes, that's not a good thing.
Quote:What ever happened to law and order?   Are we supposed to let these people occupy federal buildings with impunity?   When are we supposed to do something about it?  

On the other side of the argument.  Are we supposed to let federal government take land from citizens without impunity? The answer I guess is yes... unless you want to die or get arrested.  I can understand this stand off more through that lense. These protesters are only doing to the federal government what the federal government has already done to them; taking over property that belongs to them.  But they're the "domestic terrorists" in this.  This is also exactly what the Feds want.  They want to demonize these people who believe in liberty and gain more public support for further government regulation, reduction of individual rights, which increases overall government power.  This entire protest was a bad idea and falls right into the hands of the government elites.

I dont think this is going to end well.  The Feds are probably going to remove the remaining protesters with brute force. However, it appears this guy who got shot was unarmed.  Did they not have any tasers in the van?  Until the video is (or isn't) released I dont really know what happened.  It's possible it was warranted, it's also likely that he was executed.
Quote:Do you also believe Michael Brown was just some innocent guy murdered by the police?  

Police often use excessive force.  No denying that. This case is a little different because FBI agents are taking orders from the highest authorities, whereas Joe Cop arresting a black kid is affected more by personal biases and training, and chaos ensues.

These types of standoffs in Oregon are much more calculated.  There is an agenda at play here.

Quote:On the other side of the argument.  Are we supposed to let federal government take land from citizens without impunity?

What exactly are you talking about?   Please elaborate.  

In addition, are we supposed to allow people to take up arms against the government without any consequences?   That's treason. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5