Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: New Jaguars Fan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hope I'm posting this in the appropriate forum,

Former St. Louis Ram fan jaded by the team's move to LA. I was looking for a clean start, and I definitely like what the Jags are building. This isn't exactly getting in on the ground floor so to speak, but it's close.

I'm already looking forward to next season!
Welcome aboard. Glad to have you. Sorry about your team, but we will take as many new fans as possible.
Welcome aboard. Just don't expect that your new favorite team will headed your way.
Quote:Welcome aboard. Just don't expect that your new favorite team will headed your way.

Sure won't! I live in Kansas City now but was in St. Louis for years before that. I hope STL is done with the NFL for the foreseeable future.
Don't worry you're definitely on the bottom floor. 

Some key terms

Team

Sprinkles = Gus Bradley

GB = Gus Bradley

Lame Duck = Gus Bradley

Competent Headcoach = Not Gus Bradley

DQ = Dairy Queen where  GB likes to take the team after a loss

Baskin Robbins = Where GB likes to take the team after a win

Vanilla = Bradley's favorite ice cream

"We Believe in Victory" = What you say after a win in a 3-13 season

12-36 = Bradley's record after 3 seasons

Stache = Shad Khan (Owner)
Dave or DC = Dave Caldwell (GM)

Divisional
tacks = Titans

tinhorns = Texans

clots = Colts

Board

TMD = Message Board Political Prisoner

Amelia Island = AI our resident bot 

That should have you caught up.

Welcome!

Some ground rules for Jaguars fans that you may be unaware of:

#1. The Mullet (your former head coach) is evil incarnate.  

#2. The team from Tennessee formerly from Houston is referred to disaffectionately as the tacks.  

#3. Whatever you do, do NOT capitalize tacks.  

#4. The Tinhorns should be thoroughly mocked for not scoring a single point in the playoffs.

#5. All ire toward our current failings should be directed toward Mr. Gene Smith our former GM.  Literally drafted a punter in the third round.

#6. Names to learn fast: Allen Robinson, Blake Bortles, Telvin Smith, TJ Yeldon, SenDerrick Marks, Allen Hurns

#7. Names to run away from fast:  Jason Meyers, Justin Blackmon, Luke Joeckel

Get used to profound disappointment and may God have mercy on your soul.
Quote:Get used to profound disappointment and may God have mercy on your soul.

Profound disappointment? I think years of being "the next big thing" and never materializing has me well prepared.
Quote:Profound disappointment? I think years of being "the next big thing" and never materializing has me well prepared.

Then you'll fit right in, except "the next big thing" is replaced with "marginally competitive".
Get used to never seeing your actual draft picks chosen on tv on draft day...but you can look forward to seeing some really nifty commercials!!
Welcome! My condolences, both for your old team and your new one.

LOL ya'll are gonna scare him away LOL

Quote:LOL ya'll are gonna scare him away LOL
We Jaguars fans are a special breed of masochists. Best to get that out of the way coming in.
Ill chime in...

Some history to be aware about and how you must view certain topics.

-The only reason we didn't go to the Super Bowl in '99 was because the tacks had our play book. 

-Fred Taylor was one of the most talented running backs of all time. Should be HOF but wont because of injuries. 

-Tony Boselli was better than Walter Jones and Orlando Pace

-Historically our receivers love drugs/alcohol (Jimmy Smith, Matt Jones, Justin Blackmon)

Oh yeah and the greatest reasoning of all...................... #becasuejaguars
Oh yeah forgot about Blackmon...don't worry, he'll apply for reinstatement and be back on the team come this season.

Are you sure you wanna throw your hat into this particular ring? I mean, there are some LOONIES around here.

Quote:Get used to never seeing your actual draft picks chosen on tv on draft day...but you can look forward to seeing some really nifty commercials!!
HA! Happens everyyyy year with everyyy pick. It's almost funny now. Actually it's not funny at all. It's annoying. But, yep so true. 
Quote:Are you sure you wanna throw your hat into this particular ring? I mean, there are some LOONIES around here.

Only s<i>ome</i>?
Quote:HA! Happens everyyyy year with everyyy pick. It's almost funny now. Actually it's not funny at all. It's annoying. But, yep so true.

Thank God we've never had the first pick or the talking heads at ESPN would explode!!
He must have been abducted by Aliens and they scambled his brain........ :teehee:

Pages: 1 2 3