Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Davon house SMH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I love Davon house, and even though he is true, kinda unnecessary to tweet this lol. (Taking shot at d line)

I think that tweet is great. Truth hurts.
Quote:I love Davon house, and even though he is true, kinda unnecessary to tweet this lol. (Taking shot at d line)

IF this team had a better front 4 putting pressure on the QB, his job would be a heck of a lot easier.

I don't think he was taking a shot at his line.  I think he was simply stating fact.
I can't disagree with him. Miller and Odrick did well but the rest of the line was a joke last year.
I think he was taking a veiled shot at Gus.

Many people did not want to take a chance on Philips and he is enjoying the sucess. 

Oliver Vernon, Dante Fowler, Joey Bosa, Jared Odrik, Senderick Marks, and Roy Miller would be nice.

He's so right.
Just remember, House got benched and Bubble Gum didn't.

Good coaching matters.

Bad coaching is #becausejaguars

Dave Caldwell

"There will be an influx of pass rushers"

The problem is well understood.
Quote:Dave Caldwell

"There will be an influx of pass rushers"

The problem is well understood.

I'm excited about this. On top of getting Fowler and Marks back, we are definitely bringing in at least 4-5 new defensive lineman.
Guys those tweets were an hour apart, probably not even related.
Quote:Just remember, House got benched and Bubble Gum didn't.

Good coaching matters.

Bad coaching is #becausejaguars

Well. Gratz did get benched. Twice. It just took too long to happen the second time.

Gratz did not play a down in four games in 2015 and played only ST in three others. Just to be clear.

I'm sure we'd all have been fine with even less.
Quote:Well. Gratz did get benched. Twice. It just took too long to happen the second time.

Gratz did not play a down in four games in 2015 and played only ST in three others. Just to be clear.

I'm sure we'd all have been fine with even less.

What the hell happened to this guy? He looked decent as a rook but instead of improving he has regressed every year.
He's not wrong though. Davon House would probably be an above average starting CB if this team wasn't historically bad at rushing the passer every single year since the early 2000s.

Quote:What the hell happened to this guy? He looked decent as a rook but instead of improving he has regressed every year.

Do you really have to ask? Coaching.
Quote:What the hell happened to this guy? He looked decent as a rook but instead of improving he has regressed every year.
It is a shame. And I don't at all excuse the staff for not bringing him along better. Not sure if there's any hope left for Gratz but I hope this new assist. DB coach is of some help in the matter with all the players in the secondary. He was a pretty good safety for the Lions before injury as far as I can tell and was the name that various coaches gave to Kiffin during a search for DB help.
Quote:He's not wrong though. Davon House would probably be an above average starting CB if this team wasn't historically bad at rushing the passer every single year since the early 2000s.

What team was historically bad since the early 2000s?
Quote:What team was historically bad since the early 2000s?

The Jaguars.
Quote:The Jaguars.

No they weren't. The Jaguars were a playoff team in 2007.
Quote:No they weren't. The Jaguars were a playoff team in 2007.
What does this have to do with rushing the passer, specifically?
Pages: 1 2