Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Flint, MI water supply tainted by chemicals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
So.. what do all these politicians who bash the merits of the EPA have to say on what is happening in Flint, MI. They're still part of America, right? Every level of oversight failed that community and a whole city is crippled far worse than those impacted by a blizzard. Spoiler: nobody will be punished in any real way for this.
Just like when the EPA spilled the chemicals into the Colorado river and tainted multiple states drinking water. No one was ever held accountable, that's the problem with government agencies, when they screw up no one holds them accountable.

Harmful chemicals have been put in public water all over the country for a long time.  It's rarely covered by main stream media, but contaminated water is not a new story.  It just so happened that now Michael Moore and others are making it a race issue.  

Was it a race issue in West Virginia?
It's never a race issue to non-minorities. If you can cite an example of it being an issue I would love to hear it.
Quote:Was it a race issue in West Virginia?

Quote:It's never a race issue to non-minorities. If you can cite an example of it being an issue I would love to hear it.

Maybe it is a race issue.  That doesn't change the fact that chemical additives are put in tap water all over the country.  Don't drink tap water no matter where you live.

Most politicians probably dont care what color you are, they just know if you live in these poor areas and drink tap water, you're below them.  They would rather you be dead.  

If you're alive they would like you to stay on welfare, abort your babies, and help engineer an economic crisis that requires more to rely on government, resulting in more power for them.

Quote:It's never a race issue to non-minorities. If you can cite an example of it being an issue I would love to hear it.

Flint is 56% Black so it is a race issue.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/26/2629000.html
This has to be unreal.

Flint residents are told their childeren will be taken away if they dont pay for water services.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/flint-r...son-water/

Barack Obama doesn't care for black people.

-- Kanye West
(Mike Meyers shocked face) whispers.. I'm not sure that's an accurate quote.
Somebody tell D6 to stop peeing in the reservoir Tongue

Quote:Flint is 56% Black so it is a race issue.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/26/2629000.html

So the politicians are willing to make the other 44% suffer because they're racist? That's a stretch even if the KKK was in charge.

There are a lot of people at fault for this, mostly those in charge of Flint and Detroit. I doubt Flint and Detroit elect many people who are racist against blacks.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/43...term=NR5PM
Quote:So the politicians are willing to make the other 44% suffer because they're racist? That's a stretch even if the KKK was in charge.

There are a lot of people at fault for this, mostly those in charge of Flint and Detroit. I doubt Flint and Detroit elect many people who are racist against blacks.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/43...term=NR5PM

excellent post.  I could tell from all the articles blaming AUSTERITY that this was in actuality a case of liberals run a muck.  We have spent tens of billions of dollars on "alternative energy sources" and written regulations to drag down our economy based on the far off threat of CLIMATE CHANGE and these people can't even come up with water that won't kill the people that drink it.  This is just asinine.   
I have a few friends in Michigan who expect their water to be contaminated. They live in the Saginaw/Grand Rapids/Midland area where Dow Chemicals has a big presence. They point to their excellent roads and school systems as evidence of the deal local residents make with the Devil, in an area where rates of cancer, rheumatoid arthritis and immune deficiency disease rates are higher than normal.

Quote:Maybe it is a race issue.  That doesn't change the fact that chemical additives are put in tap water all over the country.  Don't drink tap water no matter where you live.

I feel better now for destroying the environment with all the bottled water I drink.  I've for a long time avoided drinking tap water, even the crew telling me I should drink it for healthier teeth didn't persuade me.  In the end, it just smells and tastes funny. 
Quote:I feel better now for destroying the environment with all the bottled water I drink.  I've for a long time avoided drinking tap water, even the crew telling me I should drink it for healthier teeth didn't persuade me.  In the end, it just smells and tastes funny. 
Brita filter bottles. Just saying. They can make even Dallas water palatable, and Denver water was delightful through them.
Quote:I feel better now for destroying the environment with all the bottled water I drink.  I've for a long time avoided drinking tap water, even the crew telling me I should drink it for healthier teeth didn't persuade me.  In the end, it just smells and tastes funny. 

Whatever you feel is best.

Personally I have no problem drinking tap water. You can find people in just about every major city who are over 100 years old living on tap water, and the average lifespan is still increasing.

Sidenote: Fracking in FL just passed. Guess we're gonna let ourselves fall further behind on renewable energy, but with any luck, we'll be able to taint in-state water supplies by this time next year.
Behind what exactly? Right now they are less affordable and less reliable.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6