Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Are you a Blake Bortles Believer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Settle it once and for all.

Most people here going to say no so this topic is pointless
Nah
I think the 2017 will provide the answer to the question for the vast majority of people reading this thread.  Right now,  too much uncertainty for me to make conclusion.

Absolutely not.  Does that mean if he is our only option and he rises winning games will I bash him?  Absolutely not. But at least I am not hiding and am real.  Not living on Fantasy Football Island.  

Nfl.com says we are on the rise, but the last line makes all the difference in the world.  Assuming Bortles throws it to the right team. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...eague-year

I talk to people about football all over the usa on a daily basis.  And the majority of people when ask my team.  And I  say Jags die hard fan.  Ask not why?  Not feel bad for me?  This one thing in several different ways.  When is Jacksonville going to get a qb that can win games? 

Simple as that. 

Cause people are not blind and can see the talent we have. And yet, can't figure out why we can't win more than we have. 

And there is no one I talk to outside of typical fans.  That has or have said Bortles could be or is a franchise qb. 

Theres no reason to be so no
I believe he exists.
I mean I believe in results and he really hasn't been worth the 3rd overall pick at this point. 

Quote:Absolutely not.  Does that mean if he is our only option and he rises winning games will I bash him?  Absolutely not. But at least I am not hiding and am real.  Not living on Fantasy Football Island.  

Nfl.com says we are on the rise, but the last line makes all the difference in the world.  Assuming Bortles throws it to the right team. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...eague-year

I talk to people about football all over the usa on a daily basis.  And the majority of people when ask my team.  And I  say Jags die hard fan.  Ask not why?  Not feel bad for me?  This one thing in several different ways.  When is Jacksonville going to get a qb that can win games? 

Simple as that. 

Cause people are not blind and can see the talent we have. And yet, can't figure out why we can't win more than we have. 

And there is no one I talk to outside of typical fans.  That has or have said Bortles could be or is a franchise qb. 

It was a simple question. What is this movie script you've written here, sir 
Quote:It was a simple question. What is this movie script you've written here, sir
lol
It's difficult for me to offer my opinion on this subject in a simple yes or no.

So here's my version of this movie.

I believe he can end up our starter for maybe 10 more years.

But will he?

This question makes me think too hard lol....

If I totally eliminate my teal kool-aid and take off the teal glasses my answer would a firm no.

I believe the odds are stacked heavily against Blake Bortles making it past next year.

I won't list all of the reasons why I feel this way...

But here are a few.

He's admitted he's nit a natural thrower

He's horribly inconsistent

He's nit right handed but throws right.

He just doesn't have much of the "it" factor.

Peyton manning was not a natural thrower either. But he picked up what was taught to him.

Blake so far hasn't retained anything he's been taught since join the nfl.

Last year was as bad as his rookie year or worse if u consider it wasn't his first year and he should have been improving not declining.

So yeah....I unfortunately think he's done.

And that means unfortunately I believe next year will probably be his last as our starter.

This year there are no FA QBS available that can unseat him. Or we would have perused them.

And this year there are no QBS in the draft that appear to be capable of unseating him in year one.

So we're stuck with him.

Putting back on the teal glasses and taking a huge gulp of the teal kool-aid.

LET'S GO BLAKE WE CAN WIN THE SB NEXT YEAR BBY!!!!!
Quote:I think the 2017 will provide the answer to the question for the vast majority of people reading this thread.  Right now,  too much uncertainty for me to make conclusion.
This is pretty much perfect. However I did end up putting yes as I want to see one more season before I cut strings.

With that being said Im still bummed about our OC tho.
Quote:This is pretty much perfect. However I did end up putting yes as I want to see one more season before I cut strings.

With that being said Im still bummed about our OC tho.

At this point in time, the biggest dilemma for the Jaguars is whether to pick up Blake Bortles' 5th year option.  My guess is the option will be picked up because until March, 2018,  the Jaguars can remove the option if it's for non injury reasons.

If the Jaguars can put together a more effective running game this season,  that by itself should lead to plenty of improvement for Bortles.   Whether that will be enough to justify keeping him in 2018 remains to be seen.  He absolutely needs to be better mechanically to have a chance at being a solution.
I give him a slim chance of turning into a QB that can be an integral part of a playoff team.  It's not impossible.  But a lot of things have to click for the young man for that to happen. 

It's more likely that he continues to make mistakes that cost his team victories that were there for the taking, but I'm OK with giving him the first half of the 2017 season to put up or shut up.  (Unless it's painfully obvious after 4-6 games that he's not even close) 

I'd really love for the Jags to have a Plan B in place that is not named "Henne" in case Bortles reverts to mid 2016 form.  Fingers crossed. 

I don't believe he's the long term solution at QB, but he'll have the chance to change my mind this season and I hope he does. I think the improvements on defense and the likely improvement to come in the running game will take pressure off of him and reduce his attempts per game and he'll automatically look at least a little better than he did last year by default. It's the situations where we'll be forced to throw and the defense knows it and expects it that concern me.

I also don't think help is on the way at QB so he'll have to be the guy this year. I could see us taking a QB in either the 2nd or 3rd round depending on how long some of these prospects stay on the board. I think taking one there applies pressure to Blake which I think he would benefit from, but it doesn't demand that the draftee start immediately like taking a guy in the 1st round usually does.
How many threads can we make out this before Training Camp? I believe this board can get 100! Do it for the troops!

Given past performance as any indicator for future expectations, Id say hell no. It would make for a great turnaround story, but eventually we gotta stop 100% blaming Borts suckiness on coaching. The guy has been flat out terrible, with the exception of 2015, where Arob decided he was going to make acrobatic catches regularly to bail Blake out.

It's highly unlikely he rights his own ship imo. I've seen enough after 3 years to know you're not going to repaint the stripes on that particular tiger. I think he'll improve, but we need to find a better solution at QB if he doesn't improve dramatically.
Yep.

Do I believe Bortles will ever live up to the billing of a #3 overall pick: Not a chance

Do I think we can take some pressure off him and change our gameplan then win 9-10 games- Sure

I say we give him another chance. Anyone can have a bad season. It's not like he's along alone. The o'line,running backs, and receivers didn't help much too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5