Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Newton could use a little more modesty and dignity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Not everyone thinks as much of you... as you do.. Cammers..

maybe I'm wrong, I could be... but just from my own GUT feelings + his past and current behavior and antics, P.R stunts...etc..

Enough of the self celebratory crap my man..it aint WWE.

Take some lessons from Peyton, Breeze, Brady, Flaco, Wilson.

I just feel this way. :yes:

:thanks: 2X post 

But he gives his TD balls to kids. At least that is what Troy has told me all day.
Don't like it? Shut him up and make a play. Otherwise....

[Image: xMlks5p.jpg]
Quote:But he gives his TD balls to kids. At least that is what Troy has told me all day
In his only slightly less offensive than Joe Buck's monotone....tone

E..xactly.

Quote:Don't like it? Shut him up and make a play. Otherwise....

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://a.fod4.com/images/GifGuide/DealWithIt/norrisdeal.gif'>http://a.fod4.com/images/GifGuide/DealWithIt/norrisdeal.gif</a>
If only I had the youth.. Maybe BBINT can help me out...

nice one.. :woot:

Did he label the Carolina fanbase as kindergartners?
Great player, and he has fun. More power to him.
Is that you, Nolan Nawrocki?

Comments dont surprise me.. after all... modesty means very little anymore in this youtube, reality show, entitled ME ME ME world we've cultivated. :no: :turned:

No Dog in this race but..Im pulling for Manning.

Class Act.
Quote:Great player, and he has fun. More power to him.

This. Like the commentators said earlier, Ron Rivera gets the most out of Cam Newton by allowing him to be who he is. Now they're on their way to the Super Bowl. Apparently it has a positive effect on the team as well.
Quote:This. Like the commentators said earlier, Ron Rivera gets the most out of Cam Newton by allowing him to be who he is. Now they're on their way to the Super Bowl. Apparently it has a positive effect on the team as well.

I'd rather lose with modesty, dignity, character, P.R stunts and slight of hand...than win without it.... Home.. Biscuit.

Not a Cam fan at all but the dude is playing a game and having fun, he is not going in anybodies face and showing up the other team, if they dont like it then stop him

Quote:I'd rather lose with modesty, dignity, character, than win without it.... Home.. Biscuit.

I see what you are saying. A guy like Luke K. gets a pick 6 and doesn't really celebrate or rub it in. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Yes, im not saying that winning shouldnt be celebrated... I just think this guy is fake, contrived, snake oil.

Good on Luke K and the rest of the team, I just find newton.... umm... Unseemly.

Nothing to do with Rivera....or getting the ost out of a player.. its just how newton is.

Quote:I'd rather lose with modesty, dignity, character, P.R stunts and slight of hand...than win without it.... Home.. Biscuit.

Gene Smith, is that you?

Newton's doing a great job out there.  Always funny seeing people get upset about celebrating.  Is this supposed to be the No Fun League?  Go Panthers!  Time for a cat team to win a Super Bowl. 
Cam wearing his hat like Sidney on white men can't jump.
Quote:I'd rather lose with modesty, dignity, character, than win without it.... Home.. Biscuit.

I'd rather win brashly with character than lose a modest shell of myself.
Quote:Great player, and he has fun. More power to him.

This.
So funny to see so many long time members here not having a clue about the down side of professional sports and human nature....

or maybe everyone has been swayed by the media to give this guy a pass.

I don't root for, nor can I condone thieves, entitlement or those on the take for personal gain.

it's just a question of character to me....

No amount of giving footballs to kids... is going to change that....

Funny how all of a sudden... that started..... or the feeding of kids during teh holidays..

its SMACKS of personal gain...and P.R image manipulation.

if that means I'm in the minority... sooooo be it.

Go Broncos !

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16