Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Winter Storm Jonas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

The East Coast is getting pounded right now with snow.

It really is. We've dropped to the mid 60's here in North Florida  :thumbsup:

Jonas is hitting here now.  Hopefully nobody loses power.

Quote:It really is. We've dropped to the mid 60's here in North Florida  :thumbsup:
https://youtu.be/kEpLncBG_Nw?t=34
As someone who grew up in the Great Lakes region and experienced his fair share of blizzards, I can say, without pause, that I do not miss it one bit.
Quote:Jonas is hitting here now. Hopefully nobody loses power.

Yea, it's after the storms that the real trouble begins. Good luck.

Quote:Yea, it's after the storms that the real trouble begins. Good luck.
I'm starting to wonder how much shoveling I'm going to have to do with my family's car once this is over.
Quote:It really is. We've dropped to the mid 60's here in North Florida :thumbsup:

Lol,, I hear ya Trav, must be nice!

I'm currently buried in this snow. Had to do all the generator maintenance, groceries and supply stuff the past couple days for preparations.

Sometimes in the winter, I'll go down to Bradenton and stay with my parents as long as I can. I skipped it this year though,, DOH!

One of these days I'll actually make the permanent move down there. This winter stuff sux.
i just saw on the news you guys could get up to 40 inches if you are near D C

Be safe from Jonas, brothers.

Quote:i just saw on the news you guys could get up to 40 inches if you are near D C

Well I live near DC (48 miles NW) and we're getting hammered. I'll post pics once it's all over
Quote:i just saw on the news you guys could get up to 40 inches if you are near D C
Yeah, it's bad in alot of areas, that's for sure. Thankfully, I'm next to the Ohio River, and we "only" have around 16 inches.
Quote:Lol,, I hear ya Trav, must be nice!

I'm currently buried in this snow. Had to do all the generator maintenance, groceries and supply stuff the past couple days for preparations.

Sometimes in the winter, I'll go down to Bradenton and stay with my parents as long as I can. I skipped it this year though,, DOH!

One of these days I'll actually make the permanent move down there. This winter stuff sux.
Ha, yes it does. Just no fun being cold, shoveling snow, being cooped up, etc. In the mean time, endure, and Bradenton next year!
Quote:Ha, yes it does. Just no fun being cold, shoveling snow, being cooped up, etc. In the mean time, endure, and Bradenton next year!

I miss home.
When did they start naming 'winter storms'?

Apparently things have changed since I moved.
Quote:Be safe from Jonas, brothers.

I never knew the Jonas brothers were so intimidating.
Quote:I never knew the Jonas brothers were so intimidating.

Not intimidating, just nothing good can come from them.
Quote:Not intimidating, just nothing good can come from them.

I don't know about that...the one brother playing the crazy gay serial killer on Scream Queens was pretty good! :thumbsup:
We're just outside of it but it snowed the other day. Just been anywhere from 1-16 degrees basically all week. 

Quote:When did they start naming 'winter storms'?

Apparently things have changed since I moved.

I did not know winter storms started getting names either. However I did read one storm was the winter version of a hurricane.
Pages: 1 2 3 4