Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Add Bortles, AR-15, and Telvin to the '07 squad. Do we make the Superbowl?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Had a dream about this the other night, but it turned out to be an interesting topic. Our team was pretty complete back then. If you add Blake, Allen and Telvin, I think this team could have easily went toe to toe with NY for the Superbowl. Rashean in his prime, MJD, Freddy T, Peterson, and even more; with the combination of our standout talent now would be pretty unstoppable.

What do you guys think?

no. That team still doesn't put Tom Brady on the ground more than once. The player or 2 we needed to defeat the Pats that year STILL aren't on this team.

No need for Telvin that year... Add Hurns instead.

I don't know how good a 12 year old Bortles wouldve played?
Dude, you need better dreams.

I had a dream my neighbor and my wife were out back playing twister right,... And then....

Edit: she neighbor, not he neighbor
I had another dream the other day that this nation would rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed. We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal

I had that dream yesterday...
Quote:No need for Telvin that year... Add <del>Hurns</del> Robinson instead.

FTFY.
Quote:FTFY.
Robinson is already included. 
Quote:I had another dream the other day that this nation would rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed. We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal

You're a funny man, Martin Lawrence.
Quote:I don't know how good a 12 year old Bortles wouldve played?

I heard he was the MVP of his Pop Warner league.
Quote:Robinson is already included.

I should've elaborated.

I think just the addition of Robinson would've been enough to propel us pass the Pats that year. If it was ARob catching those balls in the end zone instead of Matt Jones and Dennis Northcutt dropping them that game may have had an entirely different outcome. Would we have beaten the Chargers as well on the road in the AFC championship game? That I dunno.
Quote:I had another dream the other day that this nation would rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed. We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal

Really Yesterday? Man you must be rip van winkle cause that dream was like 240 years old and is dead and gone like the macarena.
We had already beat sd that year with those players wed of crushed em
Hurns would of dropped it and everyone would of been calling for his head.  Northcutt was great until that.

Quote:Hurns would of dropped it and everyone would of been calling for his head.  Northcutt was great until that.

"Great" is stretching it a bit. I said this before, but Dennis reminds me on Bryan Walters how he was good at knowing where the first down marker was and would usually always catch the ball (at least for the Jaguars...maybe not his other teams so much), but after the catch was a drop and fall guy that never really got any YAC. I'm guessing Walters will want to test free agency and will likely get snatched up quickly, but like Northcutt, I wouldn't really say Walters is "great."

All of that said, Hurns would have caught that pass.

Quote:Really Yesterday? Man you must be rip van winkle cause that dream was like 240 years old and is dead and gone like the macarena.

It's a recurring dream
Quote:I don't know how good a 12 year old Bortles wouldve played?
LOL
That team didn't really need more offensive firepower to beat Brady. What it needed was someone to rush the passer. Seems like a recurring theme, no?

Remove Bortles. Say what you like about him but David Garrard played out of his mind that game, and it was his receivers that let him down.

The Jags probably come very close to winning that game if Robinson and Hurns are out there instead of Matt Jones and Dennis Dropcutt

Final score 20-31. If both potential TD catches are made, final score is 28-31. Still a loss. Brady threw 26 completions on 28 attempts and was only sacked once, on the first play. I don't think plugging in Bortles for Garrard or Robinson for Jones makes a difference. Brady was sipping tea back there. Moss was double-teamed leaving the rest of the D short-handed. The Jags could have scored a few more points, but the Pats were scoring at will and would have exceeded the Jags' total unless the Jags found a pass rush.

Pages: 1 2