Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Should we move on from Bryan Anger?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/spor.../78836436/

Mike Kaye had a pretty good article on the punting situation this offseason. Does it make sense to move on from Anger (and the embarrassment of the 3rd round pick) especially if we could get someone like Marquette King on the market?
No, and "embarrassment" from him being a third round pick is terrible, horrible motivation for not resigning him. 

Quote:http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/spor.../78836436/

Mike Kaye had a pretty good article on the punting situation this offseason. Does it make sense to move on from Anger (and the embarrassment of the 3rd round pick) especially if we could get someone like Marquette King on the market?
King is a fantastic punter from what I remember. Something like 30 punts inside the 20 yard line and 3 touchbacks one year.

But I'm not going to pay him what he wants and Oakland probably will
Honestly, I have no problem with Banger.

He's a decent-to-good punter. Not the best but I'd much rather Anger than running some experiment or signing some OAP.

Just for the record, I am cool with Anger coming back. I would, however, take King over him because he is terrific and pinning other teams down inside the 20.
If they have a line on a UDFA or FA vet that they think will be better....   then, sure, why not?   He's been average with spurts of "pretty good." 

Upgradeable if the price is right. 
Seems fairly inconsistent to me, and he doesn't put many inside the 5 or even 10.

He's not a bad punter, but he's not irreplaceable either. Gonna depend on what he wants and where he wants to be. I think he'll be around.
I'd like to see him add a few new punt techniques but no problem with him back next year.
If Anger can be re-signed with a reasonable salary, sign him. 

Quote:Seems fairly inconsistent to me, and he doesn't put many inside the 5 or even 10.

He's not a bad punter, but he's not irreplaceable either. Gonna depend on what he wants and where he wants to be. I think he'll be around.
I saw him put a few in the 5 this season but the coverage allowed it to into the endzone. 
What was he like in college?
I remember all the people here defending the pick saying he was gonna be a HoF and GOAT lol. The guy is average at best.

I would resign him just to avoid worrying about finding a punter this year. Bigger fish to fry.
He is garbage. Better punters will be available.
If someone is better and decent price then go for it, but I also dont want to overpay.

Punter Schmunter, go for it on all 4th downs. Now pass me some of that Schmodka.

Quote:I saw him put a few in the 5 this season but the coverage allowed it to into the endzone.

I would agree that he was better in that area in 2015 than in his previous seasons. Maybe he's just finding his stride, I have no idea.
He's terrible.
We have already reached the point in the off season where we are focusing on the punter? Gonna be a long one.

Of all the priorities this team has this year, punter would be at the bottom of the list.
Pages: 1 2 3 4