Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Luke Joeckel's trade value?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just curious what you think it would be?  I know there is a team out there that would think they could fix him.  He was one of the best LT prospects to come out in years and has shown spurts of being good.  A 4th or 5th would be my guess.   What do you think?

Im kinda scared as soon as we trade him it will click for him and the guy would be solid where ever he goes

You can do much worse than Joeckel at LT. Much, much worse.

Quote:You can do much worse than Joeckel at LT. Much, much worse.
So what do you think is trade value is?
I think we could squeeze out a 2nd rounder if Caldwell tried hard enough, but I'm pretty sure no other team is that stupid and we'd end up with a 3rd/4th.

4th... Maybe 3rd? He's not as awful as we make him out to be, but Beadles n Luke cannot hold down the left side anymore. They are a terrible duo.
I would say about the same as we got for Monroe. A fourth and a fifth.
[Image: dagwoodsandwich.jpg]

Quote:I think we could squeeze out a 2nd rounder if Caldwell tried hard enough, but I'm pretty sure no other team is that stupid and we'd end up with a 3rd/4th.

No way would we get a second rounder for him. To get that we would have to trade one of our better players, and of course that would be very stupid.
Quote:So what do you think is trade value is?
I don't know, but I wouldn't even entertain the idea of trading him unless we somehow landed a better LT.
If Jags could get a 3rd for him they should deal him yesterday. Dude is weak. He would be far more at home hosting a children's tv show or sorting books at a library.

Signed,

The guy that said he was soft two years ago whom everybody lol'd at.
His trade value would not be nearly as high as his value to us as a passable LT. 

Quote:His trade value would not be nearly as high as his value to us as a passable LT.

Agreed.
Quote:His trade value would not be nearly as high as his value to us as a passable LT.

Pretty much. I look at player trades as the team dealing the player should get a pick which they can be reasonably sure they can replace that player with that pick.
Caldwell is good at finding lineman. I wonder if the pressure to make his first draft pick influenced him taking a guy everyone thought was a lock at #2.

5thbor later after his last game
Quote:5thbor later after his last game

Another game or 2 like the last one and we will be lucky to get an 8th rounder.
Maybe 4th.  And then, you would need to use a 1st or 2nd to draft his replacement that has no guarantee of being as good or better.  I would not be an advocate to trade him, unless we have his replacement on the roster with known ability/experience.

Quote:If Jags could get a 3rd for him they should deal him yesterday. Dude is weak. He would be far more at home hosting a children's tv show or sorting books at a library.

Signed,

The guy that said he was soft two years ago whom everybody lol'd at.
Pretty sure every post I see from you, you try to pat yourself on the back. This coming from a guy who thought Alualu was good.

Also, when LJ was drafted, people used to knock him for not being physical enough, you were hardly the first one to say that.
If Gabbert had trade value, Joeckel probably does too.

Ham sammich
Pages: 1 2 3 4