Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: L.A. Rams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
It's official.
Yup, votes were 30-2
Who says you can't go home again?

Aw, and here I was getting my popcorn ready for the mutually assured destruction that was about to take place.

This is bad, bad precedent
More like St. Louis Jaguars amirite?

Quote:More like St. Louis Jaguars amirite?

Thats the twitter rumor.
Quote:This is bad, bad precedent
In all honesty, from a business perspective, Kroenke played it exactly right. Buy the team without leaking one shred of your intention to move it, don't say a thing about LA, then out of the blue buy the land for a stadium that you intend to build yourself. If the league had refused to approve his move, that would have been one thing, but if they'd attempted to prevent him entirely from taking his business to his preferred venue, where he'd already laid out a few thousand tons of cash to build a new office for it, it would have been anti-trust suit central.
Quote:More like St. Louis Jaguars amirite?
Quote:Thats the twitter rumor.
That's been the Twitter rumor for years lol
Sad part is, once the novelty wears off, nobody in LA will care anymore.. again..
Quote:In all honesty, from a business perspective, Kroenke played it exactly right. Buy the team without leaking one shred of your intention to move it, don't say a thing about LA, then out of the blue buy the land for a stadium that you intend to build yourself. If the league had refused to approve his move, that would have been one thing, but if they'd attempted to prevent him entirely from taking his business to his preferred venue, where he'd already laid out a few thousand tons of cash to build a new office for it, it would have been anti-trust suit central.

The league basically has given approval to that and more; any billionaire can hide his true intentions, buy a team, and move it without acting in good faith. And he can do it without stadium issues, or Kroenke's case, completely ignore a viable stadium proposal. Meaning the team can have a perfectly good stadium or plan for one and the owner can give them the middle finger. This means Khan could theoretically move the team with an owners vote anytime he wants. That's just an extreme example, but the league is basically saying now it doesn't matter. Goodell really pissed me off on this one
LETS GO!
1 less thing they can stop bashing the jags for
Wow. All the concern about not having 24 votes for either plan makes 30-2 surprising. I wonder which two teams voted against Inglewood.

They are saying the Chargers have an option to move later. The Inglewood stadium will be completed in 2019.

Quote:Sad part is, once the novelty wears off, nobody in LA will care anymore.. again..

LOL
Quote:The league basically has given approval to that and more; any billionaire can hide his true intentions, buy a team, and move it without acting in good faith. And he can do it without stadium issues, or Kroenke's case, completely ignore a viable stadium proposal. Meaning the team can have a perfectly good stadium or plan for one and the owner can give them the middle finger. This means Khan could theoretically move the team with an owners vote anytime he wants. That's just an extreme example, but the league is basically saying now it doesn't matter. Goodell really [BAD WORD REMOVED] me off on this one

Not true. There must be an unresolved stadium issue for a team to be eligible for relocation. That rules out the Jaguars.
I was hoping the Chargers would move by next season. I am going to go to that game so if it is in San Diego now hopefully it's late in the season to enjoy the weather.
What would a St. Lois market provide that Jacksonville doesn't? Or any other market besides LA and New York for that matter.
Quote:Not true. There must be an unresolved stadium issue for a team to be eligible for relocation. That rules out the Jaguars.

How dare anyone argue with the relocation expert.
Quote:Not true. There must be an unresolved stadium issue for a team to be eligible for relocation. That rules out the Jaguars.

The City of St Louis had a proposal in place and the NFL didn't give them a chance to approve them. San Diego or Oakland moving makes sense from a certain perspective as they for whatever reason couldn't get a stadium going.

St Louis was robbed. My heart truly hurts for their fans
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11