Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Iran captures 10 U.S. sailors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It will be interesting to see how this plays out and how the President addresses it in tonight's State of the Union.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/12/politics/1...index.html

It getting DEEP over there......

With the Coward In Chief we have now, nothing will get done

Arent they getting released tomorrow?

Dang it! Too bad. Woulda been a great excuse to implement the Iranian Flying Carpet bomb

Even though they will be released tomorrow I still wonder if the POTUS will even bother to address it. 

Quote:It getting DEEP over there......

What's to get done? An American boat drifted into Iranian territorial waters and the Iranians responded by temporarily seizing the boat and its crew. They'll be released in the morning now that everything's cleared up.

I swear, if the situation were reversed and a harmless Iranian boat with ten sailors on board drifted into US territorial waters, you'd be screaming to carpet bomb Iran for their attempted invasion--and you'd be far from the only one. SMH, America. SMH.
So sad, history repeating itself.  Ending his failed "legacy" as Carter did on a sour international note.

Fitting that it happened just before he makes is "hey look at ME" address, when he should (as never has) put the country ahead of himself.

I'm not sure he (or most Americans) know just how many of our people Iran has hostage right now.

Leftist apologists in this thread feel free to name them all, and by name if you care.

Quote:It getting DEEP over there......

Same as it ever was.

No balls in those mom jeans.
Quote:So sad, history repeating itself.  Ending his failed "legacy" as Carter did on a sour international note.

Fitting that it happened just before he makes is "hey look at ME" address, when he should (as never has) put the country ahead of himself.

I'm not sure he (or most Americans) know just how many of our people Iran has hostage right now.

Leftist apologists in this thread feel free to name them all, and by name if you care.
Well, there are the four prisoners/hostages, depending upon who you ask, and these ten sailors who are "hostages" until tomorrow, and beyond that, no idea. I don't count someone who has gone to a foreign country and broken their laws as a hostage, so American citizens in Iranian jails for doing just that don't really qualify.

IMO, give it ten years, and Iran will be as westernized as anyplace else in the Middle East. Per someone who just spent two weeks there (not me), the "death to the great satan" crowd is roughly akin to the Westboro Baptist Church. Larger, sure, but most modern Iranians don't really listen to them or pay much attention. As the "death to America" crowd fades from power, the new generation will recognize that an economic standoff with the west is a bad thing and work more towards normalizing relations. It's already happening. We have far, far greater problems in the world than Iran, and at the top of that list is the cold realization that if China were to call in its debts, the US economy would be destroyed instantly.
Amazing from the country that brought us Guantanamo bay...
Quote:Well, there are the four prisoners/hostages, depending upon who you ask, and these ten sailors who are "hostages" until tomorrow, and beyond that, no idea. I don't count someone who has gone to a foreign country and broken their laws as a hostage, so American citizens in Iranian jails for doing just that don't really qualify.

IMO, give it ten years, and Iran will be as westernized as anyplace else in the Middle East. Per someone who just spent two weeks there (not me), the "death to the great satan" crowd is roughly akin to the Westboro Baptist Church. Larger, sure, but most modern Iranians don't really listen to them or pay much attention. As the "death to America" crowd fades from power, the new generation will recognize that an economic standoff with the west is a bad thing and work more towards normalizing relations. It's already happening. We have far, far greater problems in the world than Iran, and at the top of that list is the cold realization that if China were to call in its debts, the US economy would be destroyed instantly.

That's economic MAD. We'd most likely default and they would collapse into civil and regional war.
Quote:That's economic MAD. We'd most likely default and they would collapse into civil and regional war.
But isn't it just the least bit worrisome that the nation that poses the most threat to the US worldwide (sorry, Iran, you're, like, number five at best) could essentially dismantle the world's economy just by getting mad at us?
Quote:Amazing from the country that brought us Guantanamo bay...

Your attempt to be relevant is irrelevant.
Man, you guys take the cake.  

"Here's something we can get mad about!   Quick!  Let's blame Obama!"

"Oh, sorry, they've already been released.   Sigh.   I guess we'll have to find something else."    

Quote:Your attempt to be relevant is irrelevant.

You obviously thought it was relevant enough to reply to...thanks!
Quote:You obviously thought it was relevant enough to reply to...thanks!

...as you take irrelevancy to new heights.
Quote:Man, you guys take the cake.

"Here's something we can get mad about! Quick! Let's blame Obama!"

"Oh, sorry, they've already been released. Sigh. I guess we'll have to find something else."

Hillary. Wink

Yeah, these knee jerk reactions get old and stupid really quick. It gets even worse as election time nears. It's like Sean Hannity on a loop.
Quote:But isn't it just the least bit worrisome that the nation that poses the most threat to the US worldwide (sorry, Iran, you're, like, number five at best) could essentially dismantle the world's economy just by getting mad at us?

Of course, that's why we don't want Iran to have the bomb. If they are willing to destroy themselves to destroy us we really don't have any way to stop them except by taking some drastic measures that no one is really prepared to do.
Quote:Of course, that's why we don't want Iran to have the bomb. If they are willing to destroy themselves to destroy us we really don't have any way to stop them except by taking some drastic measures that no one is really prepared to do.
I still don't think Iran is stupid enough to blow itself off the face of the earth simply to maybe hit one American city. Maybe. If their missiles are as accurate as North Korea's, I fear more for the wildlife in the Indian Ocean than for the US. IMO, Iran wants a bomb so it has some marginal chance of defending itself against Israel, which inexplicably has 80, should Israel ever choose to become imperialistic in the Middle East.
the right has conditioned their people well to support every aggressive action our country takes. i find it ridiculous how some people here are clamoring for more war after something like this.

the left has conditioned their people well to believe everything they say while they actually do the opposite.

Quote:I still don't think Iran is stupid enough to blow itself off the face of the earth simply to maybe hit one American city. Maybe. If their missiles are as accurate as North Korea's, I fear more for the wildlife in the Indian Ocean than for the US. IMO, Iran wants a bomb so it has some marginal chance of defending itself against Israel, which inexplicably has 80, should Israel ever choose to become imperialistic in the Middle East.

Bingo. Some people want to believe Iran's leadership is suicidal in their hatred of Israel and the U.S., and use non-events like the brief incident with these sailors to stoke the fires of fear. When there is a suicide bombing, it's never the leaders sacrificing their lives. Iran is not going to nuke the nose off their face (or nuke their face) just to show Israel or us who is boss.

The irony is their cleric's rhetoric only appeals to the fringe there, and only frightens the fringe here.

Pages: 1 2 3