Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: From MSN sports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

BLAKE BORTLES

<div style="margin:0px 0px;">Bortles put up Jacksonville Jaguars records in passing yards and passing touchdowns in 2015. He also led a high-octane offense that kept the team in playoff contention into Week 16. With the young talent the Jaguars boast on offense and Bortles' dramatic progression from his rookie campaign, there is no reason to believe he can't lead this team to an AFC South title in 2016. The talent is most definitely there.
</div>

I agree with the AFC South title.

This division will be ripe for the picking again next year.
I can think of a reason.
Quote:I can think of a reason.

Does that reason come with sprinkles?
Quote:Does that reason come with sprinkles?

Extra sprinkles.
We will finish with 5 wins again.

The coaching will offset the talent and we will be competing for the 3rd position in the AFC South as against the AFC South title. 

I'm sorry, but this hack doesn't know what he's talking about.

I prefer to get my foosball analysis from the Associate of Asinine Analytics. The Bachelor's of Bloviated Bunk. The Master's of Mangled Metrics. The PhD of Putrid Practicality. The Dr. of Dumb Derivatives.

The one and only baconator. And he says that bb5 is a terrible qb. That's all I need to know.
I know a thread when I see one....

....and this is a thread.

I expect this offseason to be full of praise for Bortles. By the time the season rolls around, I think there will be some high expectations placed on this team, including being favored by the media to win the division in 2016. Now we just gotta wait 7-8 months to see if they can do it.
Oh here we go with the terrible coaching rant again.. Oh boy!
Quote:Oh here we go with the terrible coaching rant again.. Oh boy!

It's like Gushog day all over again.

Really!?
You saying that doesn't make it any less true that coaching is a problem!
Yeap there is going to be a lot of hype this offseason

I think someone is constantly derailing threads...  If you want to whine about people criticising your beloved coach, go to the right thread.  This thread is all about how terribad BBINT is...  Stick to the topic.
The AFC South title is debatable. You still have Houston that can contend for it again. They have the defense we don't have. All they're missing is their Quarterback. And that could be addressed this off-season. Don't count Indianapolis out either. They had one bad year after making the play-offs the last three. Don't know why everyone is jumping off their ship so suddenly. And Tennessee could easily get a new headcoach that sparks an instant turn around and whose to say that Mariota doesn't come out in his 2nd year like Bortles and just lights it up all over the field?

So... hold your horses folks. That's all I am saying. We still have A LOT of holes to address on defense. And we still need to get some things addressed in the backfield and on the line on the offensive side of the football before I am ready to feel comfortable about our chances or even ready to crown us just yet.

Quote:The AFC South title is debatable. You still have Houston that can contend for it again. They have the defense we don't have. All they're missing is their Quarterback. And that could be addressed this off-season. Don't count Indianapolis out either. They had one bad year after making the play-offs the last three. Don't know why everyone is jumping off their ship so suddenly. And Tennessee could easily get a new headcoach that sparks an instant turn around and whose to say that Mariota doesn't come out in his 2nd year like Bortles and just lights it up all over the field?

So... hold your horses folks. That's all I am saying. We still have A LOT of holes to address on defense. And we still need to get some things addressed in the backfield and on the line on the offensive side of the football before I am ready to feel comfortable about our chances or even ready to crown us just yet.

There are holes on the defense that need to be shored (sp?) up. That's for sure.

But with bb5 and the offense progressing with one more off-season, I think there is very little if any separation between the jags and the rest of this division.
Quote:There are holes on the defense that need to be shored (sp?) up. That's for sure.

But with bb5 and the offense progressing with one more off-season, I think there is very little if any separation between the jags and the rest of this division.
Houston has the most talented roster in our division, although talent wise, the entire division is pretty close.

Depending on who Tennessee hires, we probably have the worst coach in the division.
Quote:Houston has the most talented roster in our division, although talent wise, the entire division is pretty lose.

Depending on who Tennessee hires, we probably have the worst coach in the division.

All Houston needs is a QB the caliber of Trent Dilfer and they'll contend for a Super Bowl.

Think about that for a minute while our Pro Bowl-level QB leads us to 4-12 next year.
Pages: 1 2