Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Brandon Linder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm excited to see this guy get back on the field. I feel like he can make the whole line better.

Linder will help Parnell out on stunts.

Linder will help (Mack?) out on the same.

Cann will be our LG and do the same on that side of the line.

He could go down behind Boselli and Searcy as one of the best Offensive Lineman in Jags history.

Not to mention our run game was average without Linder. Him and Cann will be a force for the next 10 years.
I'm very excited about him and Cann, and I think Mack will upgrade the center position for 2-3 years while we groom a replacement who's way way better than Bowanko. That said, I think both tackle spots could use an immediate upgrade should the opportunity present itself. Joeckel is very far behind the curve in terms of strength and toughness, and Parnell is a very good backup, but nowhere near a 16 week starter.
Vince Manuwai and Chris Naeole say hello...lets let Linder play at least 2 full seasons before he's considered a franchise great
The offensive line fell apart when Linder went down so it'll be nice to get him back and move Cann over to the left side.

Quote:Vince Manuwai and Chris Naeole say hello...lets let Linder play at least 2 full seasons before he's considered a franchise great

was fun to watch our Oline roadgrade anyone in the league
Quote:Vince Manuwai and Chris Naeole say hello...lets let Linder play at least 2 full seasons before he's considered a franchise great

Linder is a cut above those guys. At one point Linder was considered one of the best players on the whole team.
Quote:Linder is a cut above those guys. At one point Linder was considered one of the best players on the whole team.
But is that solely a function of his talent, or is that also a function of the lack of talent surrounding him?

Don't get me wrong, I like Linder a lot, but it's easier for a Linder to be named one of the best players on the team when he doesn't have Stroud, Henderson, MJD, Rashean Mathis, et al around him.
Quote:I'm very excited about him and Cann, and I think Mack will upgrade the center position for 2-3 years while we groom a replacement who's way way better than Bowanko. That said, I think both tackle spots could use an immediate upgrade should the opportunity present itself. Joeckel is very far behind the curve in terms of strength and toughness, and Parnell is a very good backup, but nowhere near a 16 week starter.

Mack will be here 3 years until we draft the Boselli boy from FSU.
Quote:Linder is a cut above those guys. At one point Linder was considered one of the best players on the whole team.

You can't be serious after one season. I like Linder also but some of you think he's already in the Hall. Here's hoping he comes back from his shoulder injury better than Boselli did...
Having Linder back is going to help tremendously.

Remember in the preseason, the right side got consistent movement in short yardage situations with Linder in there.

He and Parnell should be able to create great push on the right side next year.

What is surprising to me however, is how good Cann was in Pass Pro this season. I thought he would be more of a road grader. In fact, he did a lot better in the passing game than the running game.
I still wonder if they'll end up putting Linder on the left and keeping Cann on the right. Linder next to Joekel would be a huge help.

Quote:I still wonder if they'll end up putting Linder on the left and keeping Cann on the right. Linder next to Joekel would be a huge help.

I think they may be wondering as well.  I have a feeling OTA's/camp  will involve these guys being shuffled like a deck of cards until they find out who's versatile enough to swap sides. 

As good as Linder is - there are lineman around the league that simply play much better on one side of the line than the other. Even though guards tend to be a easier switches than tackles it's not a gimme that he would thrive at LG.  (I think he'd make the switch easily with a small adjustment period)

Part of me wants to see him stay at RG because I feel like there's a potential for he and Parnell together to really open some running lanes. 

I bet the line looks like this next year:

Luke Cann Mack/FA Linder Parnell

Really don't see them making any huge moves. Linder and Parnell are so good on the right.
Quote:I bet the line looks like this next year:

Luke Cann Mack/FA Linder Parnell

Really don't see them making any huge moves. Linder and Parnell are so good on the right.

Very likely.  ^
Quote:I think they may be wondering as well.  I have a feeling OTA's/camp  will involve these guys being shuffled like a deck of cards until they find out who's versatile enough to swap sides. 

As good as Linder is - there are lineman around the league that simply play much better on one side of the line than the other. Even though guards tend to be a easier switches than tackles it's not a gimme that he would thrive at LG.  (I think he'd make the switch easily with a small adjustment period)

Part of me wants to see him stay at RG because I feel like there's a potential for he and Parnell together to really open some running lanes. 
I'm making an assumption that Linder is athletic enough to maintain his level of play on the left. I do think they'll try different scenarios to see where the biggest bang for the buck comes from.

Of course if Linder is more dominant on the right, he should stay, but IF he can maintain that level of play on the left, the benefits to Joekel from that blind side, would, imo, make for a more stable line all together. I'm also making an assumption that Linder is > than Cann.   
I'm also pretty intrigued with their thinking Cann may be able to move to center. Seems like getting a good guard is easier than a good center? Assuming he would be good. Anyway, I'm excited to see how they tweak this line next year. 

The best impact on the return of Linder will be, IMO, the removal of Beadles. 

Quote:I think they may be wondering as well.  I have a feeling OTA's/camp  will involve these guys being shuffled like a deck of cards until they find out who's versatile enough to swap sides. 

Part of me wants to see him stay at RG because I feel l

ike there's a potential for he and Parnell together to really open some running lanes. 

It depends on Cann too. People forget that Cann was a LG at college. So the natural transition is to slide Cann back to his old position and keep Linder at his RG position.
Quote:It depends on Cann too. People forget that Cann was a LG at college. So the natural transition is to slide Cann back to his old position and keep Linder at his RG position.

Good point. 
I'm ok with this:  Luke, Cann, Mack, Linder, Parnell
Pages: 1 2 3 4