Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Making of a Murderer - Spoiler alert!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Binge watching on Netflix, should finish tonight. Please use the spoiler tag, if appropriate, when posting.

Good stuff so far.

I may post a spoiler thread later if one isn't already up.

Oh I had seen this pop up on my Netflix.

I will have a watch of this a little later (after my night shift).. perfect bedtime watching..

I've heard it's really good, it's on my list of things to watch...when I get caught up on everything else.
I've posted some brief thoughts about it in the new TV shows thread, but it's definitely interesting. Especially so, considering I live roughly an hour away from where all this happened. I still need to watch the last couple episodes, but it's crazy seeing a lot of people, including myself, go from thinking he's guilty to at a minimum unsure about it.

I heard about it word of mouth, and haven't researched the story so as to avoid spoilers. I understand it was produced over a ten year period, and I have vague memories of the case as it was on-going.. Not much can be said without spoilers, but the Avery clan are an odd looking bunch.

It definitely raises some serious concerns.

I watched the first two episodes.  But watching a full 10 hour long crime documentary is kind of a stretch for me. 

Quote:I watched the first two episodes.  But watching a full 10 hour long crime documentary is kind of a stretch for me. 

I thought that too, but finished it in 3 days. Would have been sooner, but playoffs interfered. After the second episode I was seriously hooked.
I plan on watching it, but no idea when. There are a lot of articles out there saying that there was quite a bit of info left out to make the viewers kind of think a certain way. 

3 episodes in def. innocent of the first crime, possibly set up for the second one haven't watched enough yet to make a good opinion on the outcome of the murder charge.

Quote:I plan on watching it, but no idea when. There are a lot of articles out there saying that there was quite a bit of info left out to make the viewers kind of think a certain way. 

I'm interested in other points of view, for sure.
I watched about a half hour of it this morning after my shift.. I fell asleep, but was enjoying it!

Will continue to watch again once this shift is complete!
I watched the first episode last night. It's LOOOONG. I wasn't expecting each epi to be it's on full length documentary. I won't be binge-ing as fast I thought I would. So far, so good. I heard episode 4 is where it gets really good. 

I'm almost done with it and am really enjoying it.  I think based on the way the documentary is produced, they're trying to make you think a certain way, but it does make you ask some questions.  Either way, it hooked me.

Quote:I watched the first episode last night. It's LOOOONG. I wasn't expecting each epi to be it's on full length documentary. I won't be binge-ing as fast I thought I would. So far, so good. I heard episode 4 is where it gets really good. 
Aren't they an hour long?

Quote:Aren't the an hour long?

Each episode is about an hour long, but they move at a slow pace. A lot of recorded interviews, phone conversations, police interrogations and court testimony, all of which tend to be drawn out.

The series draws you in episode by episode, by the fourth one I found it hard to stop watching.
Quote:Aren't the an hour long?

Quote:Each episode is about an hour long, but they move at a slow pace. A lot of recorded interviews, phone conversations, police interrogations and court testimony, all of which tend to be drawn out.

The series draws you in episode by episode, by the fourth one I found it hard to stop watching.

Oh. I thought it was close to two hours, but they jammed a ton in that first epi. 

Edit: I looked up the run time an sure enough it was about 66 min. Really though, when you watch an hour show on TV or shown on Netflix, they end up being 45 min. due to commercials.  Perception I suppose. 

Watching episode two tonight.
I ended up watching episode one on youtube. I am already sucked in. I love 20/20, Dateline, 48 hours, murder mystery type shows. 

Quote:I ended up watching episode one on youtube. I am already sucked in. I love 20/20, Dateline, 48 hours, murder mystery type shows. 

It's incredibly well done. This is definitely a bias to the documentary as a whole, but part of that is due to the fact that no one on the prosecution wanted to be in the documentary as they were filming it. Also it's not like they're making up facts as the go along or anything like that. There's some evidence left out from both sides, but the documentary is framed from the perspective that there is enough reasonable doubt.

I think I'm going to finish it tonight and then have to wait it out as everyone else here pushes through it.
I have no idea what this is, but I really enjoy the I.D. channel, and this has really piqued my interest (because of this thread).

I'm the type that would carve out an entire day to veg out on something like this.

Joe Kenda (Homicide Hunter)

The first 48

A Crime to remember

Fear thy Neighbor

Unusual Suspects

Wive's with Knives

Evil lives here

Surviving evil

Deadly Women

Disappeared

Deadly devotion

on, and on.