Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Texans fold like a cheap suit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just shows how awful our division is... makes 5 wins seem like 2 :yes:

Well done KC!

Houston always sucks in the playoffs. However the Chiefs are very good this season, so it was not just the Texans sucking.

Quote:Just shows how awful our division is... makes 5 wins seem like 2 :yes:

Well done KC!

Five seems like two, yes, it does seem that way. If the Jaguars hadn't been so fortunate with the schedule they'd likely have lost at least a couple of more games this season.

Anyone saying they've seen progression from the team under Bradley doesn't know what progression is. The team didn't play more winning football, it just played more bad teams than in years past.
Missed the game, but definitely giggled a little seeing th final score. Embarrassing
In b4 "at least we made it to the big show, next year is the year where Tom savage takes over and leads us to the promise land."
Quote:In b4 "at least we made it to the big show, next year is the year where Tom savage takes over and leads us to the promise land."

WHUUT??

Are you posting from Microsoft's Mumbai call center??

Quote:Five seems like two, yes, it does seem that way. If the Jaguars hadn't been so fortunate with the schedule they'd likely have lost at least a couple of more games this season.

Anyone saying they've seen progression from the team under Bradley doesn't know what progression is. The team didn't play more winning football, it just played more bad teams than in years past.

Anyone who thinks they have NOT seen progression rarely watched the Jaguars play in 2015.
Quote:Missed the game, but definitely giggled a little seeing th final score. Embarrassing

It was a great game. Brian Hoyer turned the ball over five times (four interceptions and a fumble). I want to know why he was not benched.
Quote:It was a great game. Brian Hoyer turned the ball over five times (four interceptions and a fumble). I want to know why he was not benched.

Because the alternative was still worse?  Maybe?????
Quote:Because the alternative was still worse? Maybe?

How could Brandon Weeden be worse than a guy who turned the ball over four times in 30 minutes?
Quote:Anyone who thinks they have NOT seen progression rarely watched the Jaguars play in 2015.

I saw a LOT of INT's
Quote:How could Brandon Weeden be worse than a guy who turned the ball over four times in 30 minutes?

Woouldnt have been any better...

AFC SOUTH.... was SHiiiiiiiiiiiite this year.

25K posts doesnt make ur opinion ANY more important or correct

Just another kool aid drinker.. HAHAHA

Quote:Houston always sucks in the playoffs. However the Chiefs are very good this season, so it was not just the Texans sucking.

This is the first time in 3 attempts in their relatively brief history that the Texans lost a 1st Round playoff game.
Quote:How could Brandon Weeden be worse than a guy who turned the ball over four times in 30 minutes?

As badly as Brian Hoyer played in the first half,  I believe Bill O'Brien made the right decision in sticking with Hoyer.   Though Hoyer didn't reward O' Brien for the decision,  Brandon Weeden's limited time in the Texans system and Weeden's overall history as an NFL QB are reasons why I wouldn't have gone to him today as long as Hoyer didn't suffer a significant injury.   
Quote:As badly as Brian Hoyer played in the first half,  I believe Bill O'Brien made the right decision in sticking with Hoyer.   Though Hoyer didn't reward O' Brien for the decision,  Brandon Weeden's limited time in the Texans system and Weeden's overall history as an NFL QB are reasons why I wouldn't have gone to him today as long as Hoyer didn't suffer a significant injury.   

Hoyer is still the best qb on their roster.

Quote:As badly as Brian Hoyer played in the first half,  I believe Bill O'Brien made the right decision in sticking with Hoyer.   Though Hoyer didn't reward O' Brien for the decision,  Brandon Weeden's limited time in the Texans system and Weeden's overall history as an NFL QB are reasons why I wouldn't have gone to him today as long as Hoyer didn't suffer a significant injury.   

Yeah, they had no alternative. Hoyer isn't a starting quality QB in the league. (unless he's facing the Jaguars vaunted "LEO/OTTO/LARRYMOEANDCURLY" defense)

I'm eternally grateful that they passed on two franchise level QBs in the 2014 draft, the division dodged a bullet there. With a franchise QB the texans roster is good enough to compete for a Superbowl thanks to the defense.
Did anyone really not think the results would be any different? With our division the way it stood, Houston was rewarded for their dismal season with one more game to play. They never really stood a chance.

Wait, wait, wait..........................they are the Jags measuring stick................BAM!

I have to believe Gus made that statement in error.

On a side note.........Pittsburgh seems charmed this year. Maybe there was something to the Pats losing to the Jets to bypass Ben and the gang.
Quote:Did anyone really not think the results would be any different? With our division the way it stood, Houston was rewarded for their dismal season with one more game to play. They never really stood a chance.

Wait, wait, wait..........................they are the Jags measuring stick................BAM!

On a side note.........Pittsburgh seems charmed this year. Maybe there was something to the Pats losing to the Jets to bypass Ben and the gang.

Another game and a #21 selection in the draft while a team with a better record (the Jets) will select ahead of them.

Also, I don't think Gus said that in error, I really do think he's that stupid and clueless. The Jaguars will never be as good a team under Gus as the roster could allow a mediocre or better coach to be.

Quote:Did anyone really not think the results would be any different? With our division the way it stood, Houston was rewarded for their dismal season with one more game to play. They never really stood a chance.

He couldn't have been referring to the Houston defense as the measuring stick. Nope, not possible, doesn't make any sense at all.
Quote:Hoyer is still the best qb on their roster.

At the very least,  the best QB on their current 53 man roster not counting players on I.R. 
Pages: 1 2 3