Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Your top 3 free agent targets for Jaguars defense?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Who are top 3 free agent targets for Jaguars defense? I'm gonna go with Cb Janoris Jenkins,Pass Rushers

Oliver Vernon and Bruce Irvin. I ask that we try to keep it realistic. Von Miller isn't leaving Denver!
Will Seattle let Irvin go? If so, that would solidify OTTO.
Bruce Irvin for pass rush, Mario Williams for pass rush (if/when he's released), Tashaun Gipson for free safety.
Berry ain't leaving KC
I'll take Jenkins, Gipson, Mario Williams.
1) Olivier Vernon 2) Trumaine Johnson 3) Tashaun Gipson
Vernon - we'll have 2 ex 'Fins as our rushers - heh

Curry - if we can't get Vernon

Gipson - if Dave isn't sold on Ramsey

I don't think we throw big money at a CB. After thinking about it, they likely feel confident with House and Colvin and realize they had no pass rush to help them out. Considering how most of these QB's had a day and a half to throw it's astounding they covered as long as they did. I mean Colvin only started a handful of games as a rookie coming off an ACL tear at the Senior Bowl and House was never a starter before. Yet House still broke the Jaguars pass deflection record.

Quote:Will Seattle let Irvin go? If so, that would solidify OTTO.
I think they probably will. They have a lot of money going to Earl Thomas,Richard Sherman,Jimmy Graham,Russel Wilson

and Michael Bennet. They also need to resign LT Russel Okung who's a pending free agent. Atl will be interested in Irvin as

well.
Quote:Berry ain't leaving KC
I agree
CB Sean Smith ....28, nice fit in Gus's scheme with length, allows Colvin move to NB.

OLB Bruce Irvin ...28, highly effective in the defensive scheme.

FS Eric Weddle ...31, veteran leader to captain the secondary.

I would love to see a top pass rusher, such as a veteran presence to mentor Fowler, like 6 time pro bowler Tamba Hali or 4 timer Mario Williams, but not sure any will be available or reasonably priced.
Vernon and if possible another DE-Pass rusher (Wilkerson, Williams) so we can also line up Fowler at OTTO if needed. And then it depends...the best "available" player among FS and CB who hits FA.

Quote:Vernon - we'll have 2 ex 'Fins as our rushers - heh

I don't think we throw big money at a CB. After thinking about it, they likely feel confident with House and Colvin and realize they had no pass rush to help them out. Considering how most of these QB's had a day and a half to throw it's astounding they covered as long as they did. I mean Colvin only started a handful of games as a rookie coming off an ACL tear at the Senior Bowl and House was never a starter before. Yet House still broke the Jaguars pass deflection record.

I would like Trumaine Johnson because he is a great scheme fit and he is great at getting picks. Then you could move Colvin inside to Nickle where he seems to be a better fit.

I'd rather fix the pass rush and enhance the secondary than just assuming fixing the pass rush will help the DBs.
Quote:Vernon - we'll have 2 ex 'Fins as our rushers - heh

there is some serious wisdom in what u say.....

i believe that if we can seriously decrease the amount of time that opposing qbs have in the pocket with an improved pass rush...our secondary will come to life...

i believe our success or failures next year are going to depend heavily on that
Bruce Irvin, Gordy Glenn, Vernon.
Quote:Bruce Irvin, Gordy Glenn, Vernon.

Is Gordy Glenn a cousin of Cordy Glenn who plays on defense?
No, Gordy Glenn is a Canadian fan of Irish decent, who plays bagpipes at all the NFL games played in Quebec.

Olivier Vernon, Muhammad Wilkerson, and Tashaun Gipson. I prefer Berry, and i think the Chiefs might not be able to pay him what he's worth, but I think he'll stay in KC, at least for 2016 on the franchise tag.
Josh Norman, Eric Berry, Brice Irvin
My Top Three:

1. Alex Mack -C - Browns - The Jags can not open holes in the middle of their offensive line and it has hurt the run game

2. Mario Williams - DE - Bills - Rotate him with Odrick at the Big DE spot on passing downs

3. Janoris Jenkins - CB - Rams - Start him opposite Davon House

I think that Trumaine Johnson will be the CB that the Rams attempt to keep allowing Jenkins to test free agency. I see Janoris Jenkins being the equal of Vernon Hargreaves.

I would love for the Jags to also sign

Olivier Vernon - DE - Dolphins - Rotate him on 1 and 2 downs at the Leo spot and bring in Dante Fowler for 3rd down.

in my dreams Berry, Irvin, Hali for one year
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7