Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars set to interview Marquand Manuel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
@RapSheet #Falcons secondary coach Marquand Manuel set to interview for #Jaguars defensive coordinator job, source said. Rising star (and #LOB coach)

I never heard of him. Apparently Gus has. I wish he would give Lovie or Jim Schwartz a call already.
I remember his name from when he was a safety for the Seahawks. Didn't know he'd moved into coaching.

DIdnt he play at Florida?

This could be a great sleeper higher. He started his coaching career in Seattle in 2012 so he knows this defense inside and out. He's really young though.

yes he did

no gata ex player coaches please

Manuel was a safety in the league for a few years with a bunch of different teams and he was on the Seattle staff for a few seasons as a defensive assistant.

Good lord....he's only a month older than me :/
Seems like more of a "puppet" pick for Bradley to call his own defense.

I dont want no rising stars (supposedly) or first time play-caller.
If he was on Seattle's staff, then he definitely has a shot.
Quote:I don't want no rising stars (supposedly) or first time play-caller.

Which means you DO want a rising star and first-time play caller.

Puppet. Bradley's going to be pulling the strings on defense now, hopefully.

We'll see if Gus is truly a capable defensive coordinator.

Quote:Puppet. Bradley's going to be pulling the strings on defense now, hopefully.

Everyone knows Gus Bradley is a capable DC because of what he did in Seattle. His job there was the whole reason teams interviewed him.
Quote:Puppet. Bradley's going to be pulling the strings on defense now, hopefully.

His time in Seattle indicates he is capable as a defensive coordinator.
Fwiw Atl secondary did have a lot of ints
Having him on the interview slate is a flag to be that Bradley intends to stick with his scheme.

Quote:Which means you DO want a rising star and first-time play caller.

Crushed.
Quote:Having him on the interview slate is a flag to be that Bradley intends to stick with his scheme.
Not sure scheme is the issue with the defense any more than deck chairs being the issue with the Titanic.
Quote:Crushed.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Quote:His time in Seattle indicates he is capable as a defensive coordinator.
You're right, but I'm skeptical of his ability to bring that same success here.
Pages: 1 2 3 4