Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Caldwell mentioned Cann, Linder, and Parnell when referring to next years offensive line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
He didn't mention LJ or Wis, thats very telling. I expect both of those guys to be replaced next year, rightfully so.
He's very transparent, and yes, Wiz and Beadles probably are on there way out. 

[quote name="Pwmccorm1216" post="669782" timestamp="1452017823"]

He's very transparent, and yes, Wiz and Beadles probably are on there way out. [/quote

Along with LJ
Joeckel was credited with giving up 5 sacks for the year before facing Houston in the last game where he gave up 4 more.  I would venture a guess that if you took that last game away, most would be pleased with his progress this year.  That last game was pretty bad though.

Quote:[quote name="Pwmccorm1216" post="669782" timestamp="1452017823"]

He's very transparent, and yes, Wiz and Beadles probably are on there way out. [/quote

Along with LJ
I agree he sucks, but we are kind of stuck with him, baring we draft a LT in the first. Not sure what happens but I anticipate Joekel being the LT next year. All we can hope is, he somehow gets better. Maybe competition? Maybe draft a guy at some point even if not the first round? 

He also mentioned Bowanko and Shatley. Also mentioned Cann could play C so it will be interesting to see what they do.

I've got a feeling we move on from Joeckel or at least bring someone in to challenge him.

Quote:I agree he sucks, but we are kind of stuck with him, baring we draft a LT in the first. Not sure what happens but I anticipate Joekel being the LT next year. All we can hope is, he somehow gets better. Maybe competition? Maybe draft a guy at some point even if not the first round?

I think they'll bring someone in via free agency, Cordy Glenn could be a target.
I wonder what they're seeing in Josh Wells? They seemed high on him before he went down.
Quote:I've got a feeling we move on from Joeckel or at least bring someone in to challenge him.
I think a mid-tier free agent and/or mid-round pick is the best you'll get. Joeckel had a fairly quiet year up until the last game, so I doubt Caldwell will be running out to replace his first draft pick. There are far greater needs.
Quote:I think they'll bring someone in via free agency, Cordy Glenn could be a target.
Stop, just stop. Cordy Glenn is not coming to Jacksonville. Buffalo will pull out all the stops to re-sign him, and if they don't, other teams will step in offering more than Caldwell would, given that he has a serviceable LT already.

Quote:I wonder what they're seeing in Josh Wells? They seemed high on him before he went down.
Wells "went down" with a paper cut. It was a phantom IR placement because they didn't want to lose him, but they also didn't think he was good enough for the 53-man. It'll be interesting to see what they do with him going forward.
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Jaguars'>Jacksonville Jaguars ‏@Jaguars </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/684441922560258048'>2m2 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">"I think he can be." - Caldwell on if Joeckel is the answer at left tackle.

Hes not getting cut, I agree he is a disappointment, but they won't cut the number 2 pick in the draft, not happening, he had a really bad game against Texans, he's not lived up to expectations, but he will be here. 

Ad a depth/swing tackle I've got no issues with him, but as a starter?? He needs to develop a mean streak.

Quote:Hes not getting cut, I agree he is a disappointment, but they won't cut the number 2 pick in the draft, not happening, he had a really bad game against Texans, he's not lived up to expectations, but he will be here.
Quote:Ad a depth/swing tackle I've got no issues with him, but as a starter?? He needs to develop a mean streak.

I mean I think even the organization is disappointed with Joekel, they won't admit that to you but they probably agree. But he was drafted number 2 overall, he will atleast play out his rookie deal. I would not be surprised if they brought competition like in the draft, but Joekel will be the starter next year. 
Not that he's a starter anyway....but they need to dump Sam Young immediately, if not sooner.  I have never seen a stiffer player in my life.  The guy looks like Herman Munster when he plays.

It wouldn't suprise me if he is, but at the same time it also wouldn't shock me if they brought competition in and they won the job. Doesn't even have to be a Glenn/Okung type name.....maybe a Donald Penn type.

Quote:I mean I think even the organization is disappointed with Joekel, they won't admit that to you but they probably agree. But he was drafted number 2 overall, he will atleast play out his rookie deal. I would not be surprised if they brought competition like in the draft, but Joekel will be the starter next year.
I think we could potentially know a ton about what the organization actually feels about Joeckel come April when they either choose or choose not to pick up the 5th year option on Joeckel's contract.

I anticipate a change at center and competition at LT.   Cann and Linder most likely at guard unless one of them really looks good at C. 

No clue where Bowanko fits in besides the obvious option of "solid depth." 

The Joeckel situation likely boils down to Gus and whoever is coaching the O-Line next season lighting one hell of a bonfire under his butt - and also signing a mid-tier FA to compete with Bowanko also getting a look over there in camp. 

If tape from week 17 doesn't motivate the kid to step it up - nothin' will. 

It doesn't sound like DC is very committed to Joeckel....no surprise, given that he's awful (not just the last game) and has a job to protect the QB investment.

Pages: 1 2 3 4