Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Caldwell talked about Free Agency the other day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Taken from Ryan O'Halloran article here: http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...l-entering

Caldwell:

"It's going to be tough (talking about the market) but for us we can really start to narrow down our needs. In the past we were just trying to get guys come in and plug holes. Now we can focus on what our 4-5 areas of need are and be aggressive instead of "shoot, we have 16-18 needs, let's see who we can get"

Caldwell said the Jaguars would probably have 1-2 targets the first day of free agency in March.
Quote:Taken from Ryan O'Halloran article here: http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...l-entering

Caldwell:
"It's going to be tough (talking about the market) but for us we can really start to narrow down our needs. In the past we were just trying to get guys come in and plug holes. Now we can focus on what our 4-5 areas of need and be aggressive instead of "shoot, we have 16-18 needs, let's see who we can get"

Caldwell said the Jaguars would probably have 1-2 targets the first day of free agency in March.
Olivier Vernon and Tashaun Gibson?
Quote:Olivier Vernon and Tashaun Gibson?

Sounds good to me.
Quote:Taken from Ryan O'Halloran article here: http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...l-entering

Caldwell:

"It's going to be tough (talking about the market) but for us we can really start to narrow down our needs. In the past we were just trying to get guys come in and plug holes. Now we can focus on what our 4-5 areas of need are and be aggressive instead of "shoot, we have 16-18 needs, let's see who we can get"

CALDWELL HAS BEEN AN EPIC FAIL WITH REGARD TO FREE AGENCY !!!

<b>Now he says it's going to be tough -- lol   Wallbash</b><b> </b>
Quote:CALDWELL HAS BEEN AN EPIC FAIL WITH REGARD TO FREE AGENCY !!!

<b>Now he says it's going to be tough -- lol   Wallbash</b><b> </b>

What are you talking about? Gerhart has paid dividends.
Does Caldwell give you guys confidence moving forward that he has the gall and wherewithal to be an instrumental GM?
Quote:Does Caldwell give you guys confidence moving forward that he has the gall and wherewithal to be an instrumental GM?

Yes.
Quote:What are you talking about? Gerhart has paid dividends.

I must admit that those 579 combined rushing and receiving yards over the past 2 seasons were sweet.

My apologies, sometimes I get carried away with looking at quantity and fail to evaluate the quality of those hard earned yards and the intangibles (leadership, community support) that he brought to the team and Jacksonville.  Blush
Quote:Does Caldwell give you guys confidence moving forward that he has the gall and wherewithal to be an instrumental GM?
Blake, Allen Robinson, Hurns, Telvin Smith, Colvin, and more. For me, it's a yes
Quote:Blake, Allen Robinson, Hurns, Telvin Smith, Colvin, and more. For me, it's a yes

Picks for Gabbert and Scobee earns him my good will.
Quote:Taken from Ryan O'Halloran article here: <a class="bbc_url" href='http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2016-01-02/story/rebuilding-defense-mind-jaguars-gm-dave-caldwell-entering'>http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2016-01-02/story/rebuilding-defense-mind-jaguars-gm-dave-caldwell-entering</a>

Caldwell:

Caldwell said the Jaguars would probably have 1-2 targets the first day of free agency in March.

How is he going to narrow it to 4-5?
Quote:How is he going to narrow it to 4-5?
FS,Cb,Otto,De and Center?
He's just going to fleece Cleveland and sign both Mack and Gipson, and it's going to be wonderful.

Quote:How is he going to narrow it to 4-5?

I think the reference to 4-5 areas of need was referenced at the macro level ...

1) Defensive Line

2) Defensive Secondary

3) Linebackers

4) Offensive Line

5) Other

Both would be fantastic additions.
Quote:FS,Cb,Otto,De and Center?
LT, K should be addressed too. Maybe even ILB.

But it is true that all needs won't be addressed in one offseason. This Defense NEED Atleast Two offseasons Of Focus.
Quote:LT, K should be addressed too. Maybe even ILB.

But it is true that all needs won't be addressed in one offseason. This Defense NEED Atleast Two offseasons Of Focus.

They can be average next year, that's good enough would be good enough with a different coach.
That would be awesome and then a CB with the #5 pick and OL in the 2nd round. 
People hoping for a new LT are going to be sorely disappointed.
Quote:He's just going to fleece Cleveland and sign both Mack and Gipson, and it's going to be wonderful.

Pretty much lol maybe he can steal Joe Thomas too
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6