Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tom Coughlin's Future
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A lot remains to be seen what happens with Coughlin tomorrow.  He has one year left on his deal and just about every scenario has been rumored.  The latest I saw was the possibility that he will 1) resign and is looking to continue coaching elsewhere or 2) he refuses to resign and forces ownership to fire him or let him finish out the deal.

If he chooses option 1 how many of you would support a return to Jacksonville?

There's an old Jedi saying: "Never go home again, can you." I think Coughlin's ready to retire rather than start over with another team, and I'm not sure the Jaguars would be the right team for him anyway.

Coughlin will be 70 next season. I wouldn't want him here for his sake more than anything.

He's not going to be a long term coach so you're just switching coaches to switch again pretty quickly.

I really think Coughlin should go back to the College ranks at a smaller school. There will be less pressure / media attention there and he really has nothing left to prove in the NFL. Besides, I just don't see him as the "retiring" type. He's doing what he loves, so why would he stop?

Would love him here as an consultant.

Tom is gone.  Giants will be looking for another caoch

I would welcome Tom Coughlin back with open arms.

Just got a news alert that he is indeed stepping down.
Source tells @FS1 Tom Coughlin is not retiring. If the right opportunity presents itself, he will coach again.

Man, if we fired our stupid head coach, would of liked getting Coughlin to come back home.
Quote:I would welcome Tom Coughlin back with open arms.
At what role?  Caldwell isnt releasing any of his power or player personnel.  Gus is here!  We hope to keep Marrone.
I'd give Coughlin a comfy front office job in Jacksonville if he wanted one.

I want to know what idiots voted no?  Coughlin is a better coach on his worst day than Bradley is on his best.

We will have the opportunity to bring him back next year and right the wrong.

I'd take coughlin here in a heartbeat

Statement from Tom Coughlin

“I met with John Mara and Steve Tisch this afternoon, and I informed them that it is in the best interest of the organization that I step down as head coach. I strongly believe the time is right for me and my family, and as I said, the Giants organization.

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/art...187404388b

Can TC come be a draft consultant without undermining DC and GB?

Quote:Can TC come be a draft consultant without undermining DC and GB?

Do you really want him providing input on the Draft though? Why not bring him in here and get his thoughts on practice structure, gameday operations / protocols, points of emphasis, things like that. Coughlin is a coach, why not let him do what he is good at?
Quote:Do you really want him providing input on the Draft though? Why not bring him in here and get his thoughts on practice structure, gameday operations / protocols, points of emphasis, things like that. Coughlin is a coach, why not let him do what he is good at?

Wouldn't that really undermine GB? lol. Why not just fire him and hire Tom?
Quote:Do you really want him providing input on the Draft though? Why not bring him in here and get his thoughts on practice structure, gameday operations / protocols, points of emphasis, things like that. Coughlin is a coach, why not let him do what he is good at?

He wasn't terrible as a GM...I'm sure we could find plenty of people that have picked worst players in their time.

Boselli

Stewart

Hardy

Brackens

Beasley

Taylor

Darius

Meester

Stroud

Henderson

Garrard
Quote:Wouldn't that really undermine GB? lol. Why not just fire him and hire Tom?
+1
Pages: 1 2 3