Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Would you welcome Tom Coughlin back as coach of the 2016 Jaguars?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Tom Coughlin's Future

A lot remains to be seen what happens with Coughlin tomorrow.  He has one year left on his deal and just about every scenario has been rumored.  The latest I saw was the possibility that he will 1) resign and is looking to continue coaching elsewhere or 2) he refuses to resign and forces ownership to fire him or let him finish out the deal.

If he chooses option 1 how many of you would support a return to Jacksonville?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There's an old Jedi saying: "Never go home again, can you." I think Coughlin's ready to retire rather than start over with another team, and I'm not sure the Jaguars would be the right team for him anyway.

Coughlin will be 70 next season. I wouldn't want him here for his sake more than anything.

He's not going to be a long term coach so you're just switching coaches to switch again pretty quickly.

I really think Coughlin should go back to the College ranks at a smaller school. There will be less pressure / media attention there and he really has nothing left to prove in the NFL. Besides, I just don't see him as the "retiring" type. He's doing what he loves, so why would he stop?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Would love him here as an consultant.

Tom is gone.  Giants will be looking for another caoch

Formerly known as The Real Joker

I would welcome Tom Coughlin back with open arms.

Just got a news alert that he is indeed stepping down.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Source tells @FS1 Tom Coughlin is not retiring. If the right opportunity presents itself, he will coach again.

Man, if we fired our stupid head coach, would of liked getting Coughlin to come back home.

Quote:I would welcome Tom Coughlin back with open arms.
At what role?  Caldwell isnt releasing any of his power or player personnel.  Gus is here!  We hope to keep Marrone.

Formerly known as The Real Joker

I'd give Coughlin a comfy front office job in Jacksonville if he wanted one.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I want to know what idiots voted no?  Coughlin is a better coach on his worst day than Bradley is on his best.

We will have the opportunity to bring him back next year and right the wrong.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

I'd take coughlin here in a heartbeat
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Statement from Tom Coughlin

“I met with John Mara and Steve Tisch this afternoon, and I informed them that it is in the best interest of the organization that I step down as head coach. I strongly believe the time is right for me and my family, and as I said, the Giants organization.

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/art...187404388b

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Can TC come be a draft consultant without undermining DC and GB?

Quote:Can TC come be a draft consultant without undermining DC and GB?

Do you really want him providing input on the Draft though? Why not bring him in here and get his thoughts on practice structure, gameday operations / protocols, points of emphasis, things like that. Coughlin is a coach, why not let him do what he is good at?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Do you really want him providing input on the Draft though? Why not bring him in here and get his thoughts on practice structure, gameday operations / protocols, points of emphasis, things like that. Coughlin is a coach, why not let him do what he is good at?

Wouldn't that really undermine GB? lol. Why not just fire him and hire Tom?

Quote:Do you really want him providing input on the Draft though? Why not bring him in here and get his thoughts on practice structure, gameday operations / protocols, points of emphasis, things like that. Coughlin is a coach, why not let him do what he is good at?

He wasn't terrible as a GM...I'm sure we could find plenty of people that have picked worst players in their time.

Boselli

Stewart

Hardy

Brackens

Beasley

Taylor

Darius

Meester

Stroud

Henderson

Garrard

Quote:Wouldn't that really undermine GB? lol. Why not just fire him and hire Tom?
+1