Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Favorite New Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With new TV shows coming out regularly, I wanted to start a thread for anything recent that might be worth watching.

I will start with the documentary Making a Murderer on Netflix!
Does Better Call Saul count?  Season 2 should start up soon, and it's just as good as BB.

Quote:Does Better Call Saul count?  Season 2 should start up soon, and it's just as good as BB.

Let's not get carried away here.
I enjoyed Better Call Saul as well, hoping season 2 gets a little more intense.
Quote:Let's not get carried away here.

Season one of BCS was just as good, if not better than the first season of BB.

I just finished BB for the second time yesterday night.  It might be the greatest TV show ever.  But let's wait for this show to play out.  It's going to be amazing.
Ash vs Evil Dead is a great show if you are a fan of the original films. 

I also like Man Seeking Woman a lot. Season 2 starts tomorrow.

BCS got better exponentially as season one progressed.  Still not BB level, but nice to have a show in the same world.

I liked the premier of the Diesel Brothers show that follows Fast N Loud.

They are going to have to continue to have some outrageous builds to keep it alive, IMO.

I've been on a Netflix binge recently and watched all of Master of None. I enjoyed it and if you like Aziz Ansari's style of humor, then you'll like this. I'm hoping they renew it for a second season.

I'm also part of the way through Making a Murderer and as someone who lived roughly an hour away from all of it, it is definitely interesting. Obviously there is some bias to the documentary, though some of that is partly due to the fact none of the prosecution wanted to be involved with it, but it's interesting to hear the other side since the news waves were filed with what the prosecution wanted when it was happening in real time. I really thought he was guilty before watching it and reluctantly watched it because of that; now I'm not so sure.

I still need to watch Ash vs. Evil Dead.

This has nothing to do with new shows, but for some reason this reminded me of the story.

This was many, many, years ago when Nickelodeon first came on.

My friend was sleeping on Saturday morning when his little girl came upstairs and woke him up, all excited to tell him, "Daddy, daddy.  There's this neat new show on TV about a family of monsters...but there's something wrong with the television.  There aren't any colors.  Can you fix it?"

She was watching The Munsters.

I wouldn't count this one as a favorite just yet, but I watched The Shannara Chronicles on [deep breath] MTV [exhale] last night. While it's definitely geared more towards the current MTV crowd, it does stick close to Terry Brooks' concept very well. It's nice to see those characters that I grew up reading about and imagining come to life. I'll be keeping track of this show at least throughout the first season.

Quote:I wouldn't count this one as a favorite just yet, but I watched The Shannara Chronicles on [deep breath] MTV [exhale] last night. While it's definitely geared more towards the current MTV crowd, it does stick close to Terry Brooks' concept very well. It's nice to see those characters that I grew up reading about and imagining come to life. I'll be keeping track of this show at least throughout the first season.

That's a positive then...I was terrified they'd completely ruin it when I first heard about it. Keeping in mind that I never actually read any Terry Brooks (wasn't my style of fantasy) but it was still something I was keeping my eye on.

Upcoming show to keep your eyes on: Lucifer on FOX. I watched the pilot a few weeks ago and really dug what they're going for. You have to be a major comic nerd (which I am) and be aware of the DCU's interpretation of Lucifer (from Constantine and Sandman, most notably) to completely get it. But after NBC dropped the ball on Constantine, I'm still stoked for where this show will hopefully go.
Quote:That's a positive then...I was terrified they'd completely ruin it when I first heard about it. Keeping in mind that I never actually read any Terry Brooks (wasn't my style of fantasy) but it was still something I was keeping my eye on.

Don't get me wrong, it was really really geared towards the Hunger Games / Divergent / Twilight / Teenage-Female-Lead-Who-Doesn't-Like-The-Popular-Crowd-But-Rather-The-Dorky-Guy-Who-Would-Never-Ever-Touch-A-Bewb audience. That being said, I've always been a fan of Allanon and the show does a good job of modernizing him. The more that I think back on the books, the more I realize that this show actually fits due to the books being geared towards a Young Adult audience. I just didn't realize it because I happened to be a Young Adult at the time.

...I think.

Dr. Ken is amazing. Why they put it on Friday night is beyond me. Nobody is watching it and it's great. I only saw a few episodes because of the time slot, but loved it.
F for family is on Netflix.  IT's got Bill Burr in it, and Justin Long.  

I am looking forward to season 2 of Daredevil, definitely better than the movie.  Also whenever season 2 of Jessica Jones comes out that should be worth watching, I enjoyed season 1 much more than I thought. 

Quote:BCS got better exponentially as season one progressed.  Still not BB level, but nice to have a show in the same world.

I liked the premier of the Diesel Brothers show that follows Fast N Loud.

They are going to have to continue to have some outrageous builds to keep it alive, IMO.

BCS hooked me when they did the episode that focused on Mike and his past.  Great stuff.  Closest thing to an actual BB episode, and showed the writers were starting to get their rhythym. 
Am I the only one who likes the new Muppets?
Quote:Am I the only one who likes the new Muppets?
I caught one episode and it did seem to have some pretty good writing involved.
Quote:F for family is on Netflix. IT's got Bill Burr in it, and Justin Long.

Funny show..
I'm itching for the new season of Better Call Saul.
Pages: 1 2