Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What to expect of Marqise Lee next season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thoughts? The guy was injured all season and all offseason. Assuming he can stay healthy this year, what should we expect? The guy looked like a dynamic field presence his first two years at USC. How can he work his way into a productive role in this offense with Hurns establishing himself as the 2? I would like us to see 3 really good receivers next year, all over 800 yards, similar to what the Cards have with Fitzgerald, Floyd, and Brown.

Can he stay healthy?? Has to be a concern I would think

Should the Jags take a look at Travis Benjamin in FA??

Nice question Vino, very nice
The great thing is that we don't actually need Lee at all. You know things are going good at WR when you have a Biletnikoff winner as your 3rd or 4th choice.
Quote:The great thing is that we don't actually need Lee at all. You know things are going good at WR when you have a Biletnikoff winner as your 3rd or 4th choice.
we have 2 Biletnikoff winners. One is just getting healthy again and the other is just sobering up and should be back any time
I'd love for him to become a asset to the offense. Maybe with the success of the Allens it'll motivate him to step his game up
Quote:we have 2 Biletnikoff winners. One is just getting healthy again and the other is just sobering up and should be back any time

Bro plz dont tell you still have hope of seeing blackmon in a jag jersey again
If he can stay healthy and get better chemistry and timing with Bortles, I can see him being the number three guy easy and maybe even push for the 2 spot if he start having the production we think he can have when we drafted him.

Greene being the number four guy and still getting plenty of on the field time. He is to dynamic of a player. Just wait till the game slows down.
I always thought he had the most potential playing the slot. He has what the Allen's don't have....flat out speed and shiftiness. If he stays healthy he could become a quality slot WR similar to Victor Cruz prior to injury.

Thinking 500 yards 4, 5 tds.

If only we had this WR group during the Del Rio years where it seemed we had everything but receivers.
Quote:Can he stay healthy?? Has to be a concern I would think

Should the Jags take a look at Travis Benjamin in FA??

Nice question Vino, very nice
Why on earth would we look at Benjamin?

Lee, Walters or Greene will be just fine next to The Allens. No need to pay Benjamin.
Quote:Why on earth would we look at Benjamin?

Lee, Walters or Greene will be just fine next to The Allens. No need to pay Benjamin.
Just thinking if Lee can't stay healthy...

and the two have similar skill sets
To be healthy and surpass hurns
Quote:I always thought he had the most potential playing the slot. He has what the Allen's don't have....flat out speed and shiftiness. If he stays healthy he could become a quality slot WR similar to Victor Cruz prior to injury.
Interesting you bring up Cruz. If you look Lee's combine results and Cruz's proday they are almost identical in every category.
IF Lee puts together a healthy offseason and whole season he has the ability to surpass Hurns as the #2. That's not a knock on Hurns so much as it is a testament to how talented Lee is. He's showing some flashes now of what he can do, just not quite in sync with Bortles.
I don't know if a guy with a hamstring history can come in and be a number 2. That's a lot of hard running for a guy whose body has proven to break down when over used. Robinson and Hurns have proven they are 1 and 2's. Lee still needs to prove that he can be a #3 for a whole season without hurting himself.

Quote:IF Lee puts together a healthy offseason and whole season he has the ability to surpass Hurns as the #2. That's not a knock on Hurns so much as it is a testament to how talented Lee is. He's showing some flashes now of what he can do, just not quite in sync with Bortles.

I don't see him surpassing Hurns.   Lee is faster than Hurns, and more of a quick twitch athlete, but Hurns is so loaded with intangibles, like professionalism, reliability, and being great in the clutch (like the game winning catch he made in the Buffalo game).   Hurns didn't get drafted because the scouts can't look inside a man's head and heart.   I'll say this, if Lee surpasses Hurns, he'll be an All-Pro. 
Quote:I don't know if a guy with a hamstring history can come in and be a number 2. That's a lot of hard running for a guy whose body has proven to break down when over used. Robinson and Hurns have proven they are 1 and 2's. Lee still needs to prove that he can be a #3 for a whole season without hurting himself.

I agree
Another 8 weeks on the inactive with a sprained ovary.

I'm going to start off slow and expect that he stay healthy all year.
Pages: 1 2 3