Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hey look at this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ladies and gentlemen take a look at your projected AFC playoff starting QB's:

Tom Brady

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Brandon Weeden

Alex Smith

Brock Osweiler

AJ McCarron

Not all teams are created equal. But how do you not over achieve in the worst division in football with arguably a statistical cream of the crop qb? I've had my issues with Blake and he shut me up. You can't argue with his production and frankly it's exactly what I wanted and dang way. But how does Gus Bradley get all the benefit of the doubt? He's had three years to make the defense better. It's his scheme. What's the problem? What am I missing here? I heard it on the local radio from these talking monkeys that he's safe... They state things like it would take him literally 5 years of 10-6 record to match the record del rio was fired for. But in the same breath turn around and say but he deserves the last year. For what!?

Are the majority on this board still ok with the wait and see what he can do? Look at that list of qbs and tell me it doesn't make you sick! Blake should be on that list right now!!
Because our defense is really, really bad. You can put whatever percentage you want between Dave and the coaching staff for this. I hope one day, we will have a pass rush again and a great head coach. This is not that day though, so don't hold your breath.

Quote:Because our defense is really, really bad. You can put whatever percentage you want between Dave and the coaching staff for this. I hope one day, we will have a pass rush again and a great head coach. This is not that day though, so don't hold your breath.

Who's the architect of this defense?
Gus should be gone. I think 95% of us are in agreement here.

Quote:Ladies and gentlemen take a look at your projected AFC playoff starting QB's:

Tom Brady

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Brandon Weeden

Alex Smith

Brock Osweiler

AJ McCarron

As much as this has been a passing league, it's a reminder of the importance of a strong running game and especially a strong Defense.  
Not looking at what the exact stats are for the defense of those teams, but those seem like the top 5 AFC defenses (excluding pats).
Quote:Who's the architect of this defense?

Same as the offense.
Quote:Who's the architect of this defense?

Same as the offense.
Quote:Gus should be gone. I think 95% of us are in agreement here.

I don't agree. I did. Very strongly, actually.

However, if it were up to the fans Ron Rivera would've been out of a job 2 years ago when they were winning 5 games a year. If we're pointing out Bradley's shortcomings as a HC we must look at what he's delivered as well. Which is a near perfect offense. 2 1k receivers, almost a 1k rookie rusher and an offense putting up numbers we haven't seen in years.

The defense is in need of a of an overhaul. Sure. We all know that. Not fair to fire Bradley because the talent isn't there. He's dealing with what he's given. Marks and Fowler are out and the guys who play LEO are below average rotational talents at best. If you can't get pressure it will hurt you. He's a former DC and knows that more than anyone. When your leading sack guy is a CB you know talent is lacking.

He deserves another season to give the defense a patch job. Then see what happens.

This. But I have accepted that Khan's opinion is the only one that matters and all signs point to Gus staying.

Not me.
Quote:Same as the offense.

Haha no don't be purposely dumb. Paul Casey doesn't do offense.
Quote:Not me.

Well I guess you are in the 5% then, huh?
Quote:Not looking at what the exact stats are for the defense of those teams, but those seem like the top 5 AFC defenses (excluding pats).

Hmm that would be nice if you could go ahead and fetch those so we can discuss.
Quote:This. But I have accepted that Khan's opinion is the only one that matters and all signs point to Gus staying.

I'm not so sure. 
Scratch what I said

Edit: He won't be let go because it could affect the team dramatically. We made significant improvement on offense this year, and we don't want to mess up the chemistry they have. I personally don't think 12-35 is acceptable, but he has no talent to work with on the defensive side of the ball. Give us Hargreaves, Ramsey, Bosa, or Ogbah (whatever his name is), 7 more rounds of defense, and some big name FA's like Gipson/Berry. Then we can fire him if we are still failing.
Quote:Gus will be gone when they start losing money and chanting "Fire Gus!" No one wants to go to games and watch a perennial loser lead the team to multiple losses. I like Gus, he has a great personality, but he's just not a good football coach from what we've seen. You can argue that he's improved, but I don't think 12-35 is acceptable. This was the easiest season by far and somehow we managed to get only 5 wins, not to mention how gut wrenching they were. Our defense has significantly regressed from last year and I don't think its because of Marks being out. Telvin had his best season, Poz was still very good, House was good, and so was Colvin. That's it. Our younger players had another year under their belt to show us what they've learned, but they were worse. It's a mixture of bad defensive coaching and trying to run a scheme without the personnel. We also missed on a lot of our picks for defense, which sucks.

If what you're saying is true you fire the d-coordinator, not Gus. This season has not been a disaster to warrant Gus being fired. Not with all the offensive achievements and many games being one possession losses.

Quote:I'm not so sure.

What's your prediction?
Quote:I don't agree. I did. Very strongly, actually.

However, if it were up to the fans Ron Rivera would've been out of a job 2 years ago when they were winning 5 games a year. If we're pointing out Bradley's shortcomings as a HC we must look at what he's delivered as well. Which is a near perfect offense. 2 1k receivers, almost a 1k rookie rusher and an offense putting up numbers we haven't seen in years.

The defense is in need of a of an overhaul. Sure. We all know that. Not fair to fire Bradley because the talent isn't there. He's dealing with what he's given. Marks and Fowler are out and the guys who play LEO are below average rotational talents at best. If you can't get pressure it will hurt you. He's a former DC and knows that more than anyone. When your leading sack guy is a CB you know talent is lacking.

He deserves another season to give the defense a patch job. Then see what happens.

Gus doesn't have a damn thing to do with this offense. Except hire the coordinator that does. On that I'll grant him some slack. However it was on his second attempt. Now you might argue to allow him one more hire at defensive coordinator. And this is where I'd have to nip that in the bud. See Paul only had one supposed expertise in that of the defensive scheme he brought from Seattle. Yet he's failed miserably at that.

It would be like if tom coughlin an offensive minded head coach having the worst offense 3 years in a row. And yet here you are defending Paul Casey Gus Bradley for some odd reason.
Quote:I'm not so sure. 

Khan just confirmed that Gus is back next year.
Pages: 1 2 3