Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Am I attractive enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, not me, but specifically are the Jaguars attractive enough to bring in some good FA talent next year? I think we missed last year, and years prior in attracting some good talent, because the FA's did not want to end their career by signing up with a dying team. I think a goal for this year should have been to give the NFL community some sign of life in this team, and make potential FA's believe in this team, and want to come to Jacksonville. God Bless Julius for coming when he did.

But we have shown something on the offensive side of the ball. I would no longer call this team "completely" inept. Hoping that FA's will now see this team as a team on the rise, and attractive enough to get on board. Thoughts?
Should be a free agents wet dream unless they're looking for rings.

Sunny place,no income tax,lots of cap room for their contract, players coach,young team team which is only getting better,explosive offense, one of the best young QBs in Bortles and a great Owner/GM.
McCourty was reportedly really close to signing with us last year.  Mack was reportedly really onboard with coming here as well.  

First and foremost it's clearly about the money being offered.  If the money is close though, I think the Jaguars would be viewed as an attractive landing spot.  The thing is though, we will have the ability to outbid pretty much everyone for whoever our top priority ends up being.

I hope we make the same pitch to Eric Berry that we made to McCourty. Mack is probably ours, if we want him.

"Vacation capital of the world!" - Aaron Ross

"A retiree's best friend!" - Hugh Douglas

"A place for nobodys to do nothing." - Jerry Porter and Drayton Florence

You're extremely handsome and yes I think the team is an attractive place to come play. We're on the upswing!
I think we will attract a few big names. We did land Thomas and House last off season who were considered big names coming into free agency.the arrow is definitely up with this team.
Money is all the attraction these guys see, in most cases. Additionally, most impact players, like really superstar players, are going to be franchised or resigned by their own teams.

Regards...............the Chiefjag

All about the money now a days, and we have lots of it.
Quote:I hope we make the same pitch to Eric Berry that we made to McCourty. Mack is probably ours, if we want him.
agreed on Berry, he is just as good or better than McCourty IMO
Quote:I hope we make the same pitch to Eric Berry that we made to McCourty. Mack is probably ours, if we want him.

We didn't pitch McCourty, he resigned with the Pats before becoming a UFA.
Quote:All about the money now a days, and we have lots of it.

This. They don't care where they go as long as they get paid.
Quote:We didn't pitch McCourty, he resigned with the Pats before becoming a UFA.

Not the way I heard it.
Berry please. Mack, no.

Quote:We didn't pitch McCourty, he resigned with the Pats before becoming a UFA.
Yes we did, he resigned before the period where players can make visits, but you could build a frame work for a contract 

We should have our shot at S this year

Waddle, Berry and Gipson we have to land one

It's pretty commonly known around here that the Jags made a strong pitch to McCourty and he really contemplated it before going back to the Pats.

Do you not remember that 3 day grace period before FA started last year?
Quote:"Vacation capital of the world!" - Aaron Ross

"A retiree's best friend!" - Hugh Douglas

"A place for nobodys to do nothing." - Jerry Porter and Drayton Florence

We are the vacation capital of the world with nothing to do?

Jacksonville's marketing guy must be a genius.
Eric Berry would be good for this team.

Quote:Berry please. Mack, no.

This^

People on this board don't understand Mack is not an elite center anymore after his injury. Not sure he'd be an upgrade to Wiz anymore. Plus I think he's going to be 32 next year

I would pay Berry whatever it takes to get him here though
Quote:It's pretty commonly known around here that the Jags made a strong pitch to McCourty and he really contemplated it before going back to the Pats.

Do you not remember that 3 day grace period before FA started last year?

Considering it is flsportsgod he more than likely just made up some BS and posted it with nothing to back it up. Typical.
Pages: 1 2