Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This week's matchup: Julio Jones vs Davon House
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
House has been playing some really good ball as of late but we all know what Julio Jones is able to do just on his own. I think we without a doubt have to let House shadow and give him constant safety help to shut down Julio otherwise Julio could have a career day against a Gratz/Marshall combo.
House will need safety help.

I say let's play a Tampa 2 and keep everything in front of us.
Julio is gonna Julio, but he hasn't even been used in the RZ. He'll still get close to 100 yards or more just bc of who he is.
I think we knock him out of the game

it's going to be a bloodbath....House is really good singling up decent receivers, but he struggles with great ones (which is the case for most corners, so its not a shot at House at all).

He needs to get safety help.

I command Cyprien the heat seeking missile to seek and destroy Julio's knee.

not cool bro

Quote:I command Cyprien the heat seeking missile to seek and destroy Julio's knee.

The whole Falcons offense worries me, but Julio is going to go off. Just control everyone else, hit Ryan a lot, and TACKLE...
We need to mimick whatever other teams are doing against the Falcons.

I don't know what it is but it's been working the past several weeks.
Quote:not cool bro
I command Cyprien to hit Julio so hard, he gets to shaken and bruised up to continue playing the game. He will be feeling better the day after and life goes on... with jags winning
It's a tough match-up for House. He will give up a few first downs at the least - just hope they can limit it to that.

Curious how much QB pressure they'll attempt as well. The falcons o-line has struggled to run-block and to protect over the past few weeks. This may be the way to help House the most.
Quote:It's a tough match-up for House. He will give up a few first downs at the least - just hope they can limit it to that.

Curious how much QB pressure they'll attempt as well. The falcons o-line has struggled to run-block and to protect over the past few weeks. This may be the way to help House the most.

Hopefully the QB killer Miller can lay the smackdown on Ryan.
I expect Jones to have a solid day against us but I also believe House will have some nice plays against him as well.

Whatever defense came out in the 2nd half last week, use that
Finally other posters get it. I have been saying all week we can't win if Julio plays unless somehow he gets hurt and can't finish the game. I don't like injuries and would feel bad for Jones if he gets hurt. Obviously if that is the only way to stop him, our chances of winning are very slim. Our jobs are to keep Atlanta's offense on the sideline and do whatever it takes to stop Jones when he plays. Why should anyone hope for injuries instead of good performances by our DBs?

Another issue I have expressed concerns about is how easily Matt Ryan can throw the ball to Jones because we have a terrible pass rush. If we can't pressure and sack Ryan, Jones will get the ball. We could not stop Ryan Tannehill, so it is impossible to see us stopping Ryan. Why are so many Jaguars fans confident we can sack him several times?

Jordan Tripp to the rescue!

Regards...............the Chiefjag

Quote:Jordan Tripp to the rescue!

How can Jordan Tripp stop a wide receiver? That is the cornerback's job.
Quote:How can Jordan Tripp stop a wide receiver? That is the cornerback's job.

False.
He can rush the passer I guess. Or trip Julio Jones as he runs by him.

Regards................the Chiefjag

Quote:How can Jordan Tripp stop a wide receiver? That is the cornerback's job.
Pages: 1 2 3 4