Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Records which could fall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I've just been wondering how many of our remaining franchise records BB can break this season.

Of course he already has the single season TD record with 30.

And I think we can forget any completion percentage or low-interception records, but there are a few others in his sights...

Attempts: Record - 557 (Mark Brunell, 1996) Bortles 501 - 56 short

Completions: Record - 353 (Mark Brunell, 1996) Bortles 288 - 65 short

Yards: Record - 4,367 (Mark Brunell, 1996) Bortles 3,524 - 843 short

Completions might be just beyond him, but I think all three are achievable if we have three good games (or perhaps more achievable if we find ourselves chasing games and relying on his arm more).

Any I've missed? Or other players approaching milestones.
Pass attempts and completions could be reachable with three games left. I would forget about the passing yards one.

Only 843 passing yards needed, that's less than 300 per game avg. Of course he could reach that, JW
Quote:Only 843 passing yards needed, that's less than 300 per game avg. Of course he could reach that, JW

Yeah that's 281 per game. He averages what, 270? 2 average and one good game and he'll have it. Considering we play ATL and NO its def possible
Did mark brunell ever throw 5 tds in a game?
Quote:Did Mark Brunell ever throw 5 TDs in a game?

Nope. I heard that is a team record after Blake Bortles threw the fifth one.
It would be nice to see him reach them this year but they'll all be his eventually.
Attempts and completions he should easily hit.

He threw 330 in the first Houston game. Say he goes for 300, that's 550 against NO and ATL needed. And ATL has literally the worst pass rush in the NFL
Quote:Attempts and completions he should easily hit.

He threw 330 in the first Houston game. Say he goes for 300, that's 550 against NO and ATL needed. And ATL has literally the worst pass rush in the NFL

I thought the Saints had a worse pass rush. And seeing how bad ours is, I assume we also are near the bottom.

I think he could certainly set the pass attempts and yards although I don't know if he will set the completions.

Not a Jaguars record but I found it interesting that an Alabama QB hasn't won an NFL game since 1987.
Quote:I thought the Saints had a worse pass rush. And seeing how bad ours is, I assume we also are near the bottom.

Atl has 15 sacks total on the season which is dead last. NO has 25, we have 32.

NO is last in points allowed with 30.5. We're tied for 31st with Cleveland allowing 27.5. (Indy allows 27.4) Atl is 14th allowing 22.7
Needless to say, the next 2 weeks could easily boost his numbers.
Quote:Not a Jaguars record but I found it interesting that an Alabama QB hasn't won an NFL game since 1987.

The only reason people are saying that now is A.J. McCarron needs to start the last three games for Cincinnati. Of course it would not be any kind of record if he manages to beat the Broncos.
Quote:Atlanta has 15 sacks total on the season which is dead last. NO has 25, we have 32.

NO is last in points allowed with 30.5. We're tied for 31st with Cleveland allowing 27.5. (Indy allows 27.4) Atlanta is 14th allowing 22.7

The Browns will break that tie. They have a harder remaining schedule.
Were actually tied for 10th with 32 sacks on the season as a team. Atl is last with 15, NO has 25 and Hou has 33. We don't have a pass rush to speak of, but we still bring the QB down on a regular occasion.

Quote:I thought the Saints had a worse pass rush. And seeing how bad ours is, I assume we also are near the bottom.
So back to season records on offense, are any outside of Blake Bortles reachable?

Quote:Were actually tied for 10th with 32 sacks on the season as a team. Atl is last with 15, NO has 25 and Hou has 33. We don't have a pass rush to speak of, but we still bring the QB down on a regular occasion.

Which makes me feel Blake will be able to stand in the pocket all day and shred them
I'm hoping. Want to see another 300/3-4 TD day with Denard chipping in 100 and a TD.

Plus I'm coming to town for this game, which is a plus!
Quote:The only reason people are saying that now is A.J. McCarron needs to start the last three games for Cincinnati. Of course it would not be any kind of record if he manages to beat the Broncos.

Do you think he can do it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4