Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Can you believe Bortles was almost a Texan?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
How crazy would it have been if Blake went #1 overall and we'd have to face Bortles, Luck, and Mariota every year

Texans had a card filled out with Bortles name on it before pulling the trigger on Clowney
Clowney played good last night in a losing effort against the Patriots, however he's not a franchise player.

I'm so thankful we have our guy and a franchise player for the next 15 years.

He will eventually shatter all the passing records and will retire in the pride when it's all said and done.
Scary stuff. With Hopkins, Bortles, and that defense, we'd be in trouble.
No he wasn't. Texans were locked in on Clowney 100%

Stop making stuff up
Quote:No he wasn't. Texans were locked in on Clowney 100%

Stop making stuff up

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=9760

Houston Texas: The Texans held the first pick in the draft and there’s was much intrigue right up until the final minutes. Houston seriously considered Blake Bortles with the initial selection and I’m told they had two cards filled out at their table. One had Bortles name on it while the other listed the team’s eventual selection, Jadeveon Clowney.
Well hey at least the Texans still got Bridgewater.....i mean tom savage.....and mallett....and Hoyer.....hahaha
Quote:How crazy would it have been if Blake went #1 overall and we'd have to face Bortles, Luck, and Mariota every year

Texans had a card filled out with Bortles name on it before pulling the trigger on Clowney

If that was true it would have been reported during the draft.
Quote:http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=9760

Houston Texas: The Texans held the first pick in the draft and there’s was much intrigue right up until the final minutes. Houston seriously considered Blake Bortles with the initial selection and I’m told they had two cards filled out at their table. One had Bortles name on it while the other listed the team’s eventual selection, Jadeveon Clowney.

OOPS.

The silence is deafening from you know who.
Quote:If that was true it would have been reported during the draft.

Did you take into account the link he posted before you replied?
I would be pretty upset if I were a Texan fan. Clowney probably had his best game as a Texan the other night and they got blown out.

Meanwhile Bortles has almost as many TDs as MVP candidates Carson Palmer and Tom Brady. Pretty crazy.
Quote:How crazy would it have been if Blake went #1 overall and we'd have to face Bortles, Luck, and Mariota every year

Yeah, not exactly a fair fight going to battle against those Qbs with Chad Henne at QB. YIKES!!!!!!!
Texans did have two cards filled out. There was a video back when he was drafted showing the 2 Texans cards filled out.
Quote:No he wasn't. Texans were locked in on Clowney 100%

Stop making stuff up

You have been getting more things wrong than JDub lately. Yikes.
They also passed on Derek Carr in the 2nd round.  Talk about idiots.

Quote:They also passed on Derek Carr in the 2nd round. Talk about idiots.

Hey man. They got Tom Savage though! Plus they had Ryan Mallet. Should have been set for 20 years.
Quote:They also passed on Derek Carr in the 2nd round. Talk about idiots.
That's what I was thinking too.

No Bortles

No Carr

They could've even had Mack (although I understand the Clowney pick over him).

Can you imagine the Texans if they had the Mack/Carr draft instead of the Raiders? They would've been really solid.

But, NO! LOL
Quote:Hey man. They got Tom Savage though! Plus they had Ryan Mallet. Should have been set for 20 years.

Hall of famers Mallett and bill o Brien on the same team. Watch out!
Quote:Hall of famers Mallett and bill o Brien on the same team. Watch out!

The TMD fantasy.
I like how the Jags got the lowest grade in that report. He didn't "like" Colvin. Lol. Linder was a "reach".....

But Louis Nix was a great pick....
What about if the Jags drafted JJ Watt instead of Blaine Gabbert?  This what if game, can be played until the end of time

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6