Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We're on to the Falcons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
What are your guys early feelings on the game?

The Falcons are on quite the losing streak.  Including a 38-0 drubbing from the Panthers last week.  They also lost to the clots 24-21 a few weeks ago. 

Julio Jones is scary and having a fantastic year but not much more scares me from their offense.  I think this should be a winnable game and one we can win by a comfortable margin at home.  

I know we as Jaguars fans have been lead to many let downs in the past.  It's not abnormal.  I don't expect that this week.  My gut tells me this team rides the emotion of last week and comes out firing, unlike last weeks 1st half.  

By the numbers the teams are pretty evenly matched.

My early prediction is 34-20 Jaguars over the Falcons.

Is it my emotion from yesterdays second half that is having me feeling good about this game?  I don't know.  
We got momentum and a reason to win.  Blowout,  Jaguars 52, Falcons 17

Julio Jones obviously is not the problem in Atlanta. He is their best player. We need to score a lot of points because he will burn us when given a chance. But after seeing the score 38-0, I started thinking maybe this game is more winnable. I still don't expect a win, however, unless we get into a shootout.

If we can't rush Ryan,...expect them to put up points

My 2 keys to the game for the Jags...

- Pressue Ryan! Blitz him, crawl after him, do whatever is needed but don't give this guy time in the pocket

- The Falcons are prone to turnovers so the Jags need to get a few
I'm actually not extremely confident about this one because of the pass rush issues. Matt Ryan is not good under pressure, but is a solid QB when he has a nice pocket throughout the game. Julio will get his numbers and so will Freeman, but we cannot allow the big play.
Quote:I'm actually not extremely confident about this one because of the pass rush issues. Matt Ryan is not good under pressure, but is a solid QB when he has a nice pocket throughout the game. Julio will get his numbers and so will Freeman, but we cannot allow the big play.

That is our problem. If we can't rush the passer, he makes a big play. It happened all day against Miami. The good news is Atlanta's offensive line sucks.
Quote:That is our problem. If we can't rush the passer, he makes a big play. It happened all day against Miami. The good news is Atlanta's offensive line sucks.

So was San Diego and we all know how that turned out.
We actually did really well with our pass rush against the Colts. I can only hope they're watching the tapes of the Carolina vs. Atlanta game over and over. If our defense played like they did last night, this will be an extremely easy win for us.

It's going to be interesting to watch the Atlanta team because they are pretty much out of Playoff contention now and have nothing to look forward to in January except Bowl Games and vacation. Will they fall into the "play out the string" mode or can Quinn keep them fighting and working together?

Quote:So was San Diego and we all know how that turned out.

That is why I am worried about the Falcons: our pass rush is terrible. But Matt Ryan is nowhere near Philip Rivers.
Quote:That is why I am worried about the Falcons: our pass rush is terrible. But Matt Ryan is nowhere near Philip Rivers.

No he is not. Matt Ryan is in Atlanta and Phillip Rivers is in San Diego. That's about as far away as you can get.

Regards...................the Chiefjag
this game is going to come down to the end

anytime we play a good - great QB, no matter how much he's struggling, it's tough.

couple that with Julio, and it's a virtual certainty that we give up at least 30 points

Quote:This game is going to come down to the end.

Anytime we play a good - great QB, no matter how much he's struggling, it's tough.

Couple that with Julio, and it's a virtual certainty that we give up at least 30 points.

That is why we need to get into a shootout. Keeping the Falcons under 30 points will be very hard unless Julio Jones get hurt in the first quarter.
I can't remember how many times this year I expected the Jags to win a game in which they didn't. I think they can win this game but I also think they can blow it.

Regards...............the Chiefjag

Quote:I can't remember how many times this year I expected the Jags to win a game in which they didn't. I think they can win this game but I also think they can blow it.

Blowing it is easier than winning, obviously. Of course we can win. Just don't expect another 50-burger.
Quote:Blowing it is easier than winning, obviously. Of course we can win. Just don't expect another 50-burger.
50-burger? What's that? Is that a typo by you?

Regards..................the Chiefjag
We usually end losing streaks.
Quote:50-burger? What's that? Is that a typo by you?

I have no idea why people call it that. The term means one team scored at least 50 points in a game.
Even though Atlanta has been struggling, they still have a good offense. It worries me, but it's still a winnable game. The key is, the defense HAS to get to Matt Ryan.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5