Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Allen Hurns comparison?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was trying to think of what WRs throughout recent NFL history Allen Hurns reminds me of, but can't pinpoint anything.

I keep thinking of Rod Smith only because he was undrafted and had a great career.

Can't he just be Allen Hurns?  Serious question.  Why does he have to remind you of someone? 

Reggie Wayne?

Quote:Can't he just be Allen Hurns?  Serious question.  Why does he have to remind you of someone? 

He doesn't have to. That doesn't mean that comparisons aren't fun and/or a good way to illustrate the type of WR Hurns is to people that haven't watched the Jaguars play much (if at all).
Quote:Reggie Wayne?

Hurns is a much bigger player.  Not seeing it.
Allen Hurns.
Hurns, Allen

Quote:Allen Hurns.

Bingo.

I think he's somewhat unique.  He's got good size, outstanding route running skills, and sneaky game speed.  Rather than comparing him to others, others should be aspiring to be like him.  I think the kid is going to be special for a long time barring injury, especially playing opposite Robinson.
Quote:He doesn't have to. That doesn't mean that comparisons aren't fun and/or a good way to illustrate the type of WR Hurns is to people that haven't watched the Jaguars play much (if at all).

It is a fun activity but I don't think you can really compare Allen Hurns to anyone else.
This is fun,

Hmmmmm......

Tough,

Able to go over the middle.

Not really a burner, 

Good improvising skills when play breaks down. 

Steady and Reliable. 

Muhsin Muhammad? 

Quote:Allen Hurns.

This, but also Stevie Johnson.
Reminds me of Allen Hurns.
He reminds me of that awesome WR who plays for the Jags... can't think of his name...

I think it's Allen something..

Quote:Hurns is a much bigger player. Not seeing it.

Hes not really much bigger. But even with style of play he's not like Wayne
Boldin and Rod Smith is the two I see 

Quote:This is fun,

Hmmmmm......

Tough,

Not really a burner,

Steady and Reliable.

Muhsin Muhammad?
MM is not a bad comparison
Quote:This, but also Stevie Johnson.
I don't see that one too much. Stevie's insane body control is what his game is all about. Anquan Boldin is the closest I could think of.
Just watching the Jaguars so long he reminds of McCardell, I don't how their measurables stack up I'm just saying the way he lays out for the pass and doesn't worry about the hit, the way he gets YAC I watch him and he reminds me of how McCardell used to play in his prime.

Quote:This is fun,

Hmmmmm......

Tough,

Not really a burner, 

Steady and Reliable. 

Muhsin Muhammad? 
I could see that,  I say Boldin because of his run after the catch he breaks a lot of arm tackles like a young Anquan 
Pages: 1 2 3