Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: It's like stepping in a parrallel universe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cyprien had an INT

Andre Branch with a career  game including a strip sack fumble recovery TD

The Defense shut the colts down

Bortles 2 games in a row with 0 int reaching 30 TD's

The Jags scored 51 and only allowed 16

The Jags made adjustments and outplayed their opponents in the second half

The Jags finally blowed somebody out

The Jags with a must win game against the colts got it done

Julius Thomas now has 4 straight games with a TD while Bortles has 13

Wow what a crazy unexpected game

I swear I should play the lottery, I predicted 7 touchdowns in the game day thread
Compare this to the first game against the Clots ,and the sheer meltdown that followed,myself included.
I think every fan has been waiting for a game like this since Bradley arrived.
Sad thing is we were a field goal from sweeping the Clots. That one hurts.
You forgot...

DRob looked like one of the best RBs in the league.

Marshall looked like a legit starting CB.

Chris Smith was active.

The Jaguars red zone defense didn't break.

The Jaguars were able to stop the run without Poz.

No second half gameday thread.

Quote:You forgot...

Chris Smith was active.

pfft that's because you closed it, if you would have done that all season we would be 13-0 Big Grin
Sat there until the clock hit 0:00 and I'm still not sure how we scored 51...it just...happened so fast man

Meyers missed XP in Indy and today too.
Quote:Meyers missed XP in Indy and today too.

At least he is consistent
Quote:Meyers missed XP in Indy and today too.
It's to the point that isn't even news worthly.  It's like a coin flip if he makes them or not
Quote:You forgot...

Chris Smith was active.

agreed although I was not that impressed with Marshall.
Quote:It's to the point that isn't even news worthly.  It's like a coin flip if he makes them or not
It looked to me like he finally got mad about the miss and just started kicking the crap out of the ball. On that last PAT it looked like he calmed down a bit, and he almost missed it. I think he needs to kick angry.
Quote:It looked to me like he finally got mad about the miss and just started kicking the crap out of the ball. On that last PAT it looked like he calmed down a bit, and he almost missed it. I think he needs to kick angry.
No... he needs to go kick someplace else or do something else. Eight missed XP's in one season??? and the season isn't even over yet? Unacceptable.
Quote:No... he needs to go kick someplace else or do something else. Eight missed XP's in one season??? and the season isn't even over yet? Unacceptable.
It's a good thing there's something for you folks to complain about today.
Here's the thing, I really don't buy the "halftime adjustments" aspect for the offensive explosion. The Offense went three and out five times in the First half and it looked to me that it was a combination of missed throws and poor play overall.

What "adjustment" is there from a coach other than to say "stop sucking"? Is there a play somewhere that once it's called, there's a light that goes on in the Player's head to stop sucking?

Quote:Here's the thing, I really don't buy the "halftime adjustments" aspect for the offensive explosion. The Offense went three and out five times in the First half and it looked to me that it was a combination of missed throws and poor play overall.

What "adjustment" is there from a coach other than to say "stop sucking"? Is there a play somewhere that once it's called, there's a light that goes on in the Player's head to stop sucking?

There's some good articles on 'halftime adjustments' that I can't post since I'm on my phone. The coaches only get about 3-5 minutes with the players (if that) and it's usually the position coaches. They basically cover what is and isn't working. You can't really adjust a gameplan that's been several days in the making, in the span of a couple of minutes.
Quote:There's some good articles on 'halftime adjustments' that I can't post since I'm on my phone. The coaches only get about 3-5 minutes with the players (if that) and it's usually the position coaches. They basically cover what is and isn't working. You can't really adjust a gameplan that's been several days in the making, in the span of a couple of minutes.

Could you say the idea of halftime adjustments is more in line with maturity and experience of players to realize what isn't working and push themselves to keep trying and change some things up?
best 2nd half performance in franchise history

Quote:Could you say the idea of halftime adjustments is more in line with maturity and experience of players to realize what isn't working and push themselves to keep trying and change some things up?

Yes?

No?

Maybe?

Honestly, it's something that I deal with quite a bit in my job designing things. You spend all of this time researching and studying and developing a design, then as soon as you hit a rough patch, you want to go and change things? Why? Did you miss something the first time? Have you already addressed the issue but it's not being implemented correctly? Chances are, you already have the answer, you just need to figure out how to apply it better.

Just because something isn't working the first few times you run it is no reason to go and scrap your plan. Trust your research and make the plan work.
Pages: 1 2