Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I called for Denard to get more carries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
And they finally listen. Time for some like FBT to eat some crow. After the Jets game i said put Denard at Kick returner and I caught slack, then there was a game when Yeldon might not of played and I said We would be just FINE with Robinson starting a game and caught slack.

Anyway, dude is much more explosive than Yeldon and should get more carries.
lol I remember a few weeks ago they were saying DRob was washed...when he was getting like 1 carry a game...lol what is he supposed to do with that. 

DRob is good but imo he'll never be a full game 3 down back. I love the 1-2 punch that Yeldon and Robinson bring.

Lets be grateful we don't have to endure Gerhart anymore. 

He had one good game against a bad defense... chill out. Yeldon is still our future back.
Quote:lol I remember a few weeks ago they were saying DRob was washed...when he was getting like 1 carry a game...lol what is he supposed to do with that.

Exactly. Complaining about his fumbling.
I wouldn't start him over Yeldon though. We need better run blockers to get the most out of these two guys, and just imagine what we could do. Picture them behind last years Cowboys' line... Unstoppable.

Quote:He had one good game against a bad defense... chill out. Yeldon is still our future back.

Did i say he should start?
How about you start a thread about all the things you were wrong about?
Quote:Did i say he should start?

U did say he is much more explosive and should get more carries, doesn't the starter get more carries???
Quote:U did say he is much more explosive and should get more carries, doesn't the starter get more carries???

More than he's getting currently, not more than Yeldon.
Quote:How about you start a thread about all the things you were wrong about?

Name some then.
Quote:He had one good game against a bad defense... chill out. Yeldon is still our future back.
I don't Like BklynJag either but no reason to undersell Drob like that. I'm just gonna assume you are having a slight memory lapse. This isn't the first time he has lit it up. He is very explosive and should've been getting more carries.
Quote:And they finally listen. Time for some like FBT to eat some crow. After the Jets game i said put Denard at Kick returner and I caught slack, then there was a game when Yeldon might not of played and I said We would be just FINE with Robinson starting a game and caught slack.

I'm with you in that I think Shoe-Lace is an awesome running back and should be a permanent fixture for the Jags...behind Yeldon.  He can do some remarkable things but he just won't hold up as an every down back.  As a change of pace back and a guy who can come in and start for limited stretches....dynamite, as he'd demonstrated several times.
Quote:I'm with you in that I think Shoe-Lace is an awesome running back and should be a permanent fixture for the Jags...behind Yeldon. He can do some remarkable things but he just won't hold up as an every down back. As a change of pace back and a guy who can come in and start for limited stretches....dynamite, as he'd demonstrated several times.

If he has to start for Yeldon on Sunday, I am not worried at all.
Quote:And they finally listen. Time for some like FBT to eat some crow. After the Jets game i said put Denard at Kick returner and I caught slack, then there was a game when Yeldon might not of played and I said We would be just FINE with Robinson starting a game and caught slack.

You also suggested that the team should put Hurns on the IR last week. That should offer plenty of perspective on your keen insight into football takes.

There's zero crow to eat here.  Robinson is capable of being a productive back in the league.  I still don't think he's the guy you want to trot out there as your feature back week after week.  Yeldon is the better equipped every down back.  Nothing has changed.  Robinson has the explosive play capability, and that's great.  He couldn't handle the rigors of being the guy on every down.

BTW, nobody has ever suggested Denard shouldn't get more touches.  When healthy, he should be more of a part of this offense as the change of pace to the actual starter. So you aren't breaking any new ground here by suggesting he should get more touches.  The fact that you think you are shows that delusion is among your strongest traits as a poster, right up there with that butter knife sharp intellect.

Quote:Name some then.
Let's start with Hurns to IR and we'll go from there. 

Dumbest suggestion ever, but not a shock considering the source.
Quote:You also suggested that the team should put Hurns on the IR last week. That should offer plenty of perspective on your keen insight into football takes.

There's zero crow to eat here. Robinson is capable of being a productive back in the league. I still don't think he's the guy you want to trot out there as your feature back week after week. Yeldon is the better equipped every down back. Nothing has changed. Robinson has the explosive play capability, and that's great. He couldn't handle the rigors of being the guy on every down.

BTW, nobody has ever suggested Denard shouldn't get more touches. When healthy, he should be more of a part of this offense as the change of pace to the actual starter. So you aren't breaking any new ground here by suggesting he should get more touches. The fact that you think you are shows that delusion is among your strongest traits as a poster, right up there with that butter knife sharp intellect.
So when i called for Denard to take over kickoff return duties after the Jets game, did u not say it was a stupid idea?
Denard is a very good C.O.P. back.

I really hope they wise up and start mixing him in with Yeldon more when they are both healthy.  

He obviously did quite well when he had to carry the load yesterday - but I hope it doesn't have to come to that for him to be utilized properly. 

I was in the camp that firmly believes Yeldon is the much better fit for an "every down" back.

However, there is a good case to be made for DROB getting the majority of touches during a game. When given his few opportunities with a lot of touches (this year and last year) he's gonna get 100-150 yards and 1 or 2 TDs. Just about every team and every fan would take that out of their running game every time. He's producing when given enough opportunities.

It's difficult for him to really post anything solid or really contribute when he's only getting 6 or 7 touches a game.

Keep feeding him at least 15 touches a game until he fails to produce. He'll get it done, and it'll save "wear and tear" on Yeldon for a while until it's time to load him up again.
Quote:So when i called for Denard to take over kickoff return duties after the Jets game, did u not say it was a stupid idea?
Interesting how you ignored the rest of that post.  I guess acknowledging just how stupid it was to suggest putting Hurns on the IR is something I'd probably want to run away from too if I were you. 

As far as calling for Denard to take over kickoff return duties, I don't think I've ever cared one way or the other about that considering how little opportunity there is there to actually RETURN kickoffs.  My issue with him was always tied to the fact that I didn't (and still don't) think he was durable enough to be the feature back in this or any offense.  Also, there was a concern about him protecting the football.  He seems to have addressed that, but that doesn't make him any less of a change of pace back for this offense than before.  He's a good backup to Yeldon.  Yeldon is the workhorse.
Pages: 1 2 3