Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Colts quarterbacks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Michele Tafoya reported Matt Hasselbeck has a shoulder injury and is in the concussion protocol. That was why he left the game, not getting benched.

Earlier in the game, Al Michaels said Andrew Luck may play against us. I read he is practicing pain-free.

It sounds to me like we might play against Charlie Whitehurst again, but will not know who starts until Friday or Saturday.

The Colts would be putting Andrew Luck at great risk if they play him behind the injury depleted Offensive Line they fielded in Pittsburgh. 

Quote:The Colts would be putting Andrew Luck at great risk if they play him behind the injury depleted Offensive Line they fielded in Pittsburgh. 

Those five guys were horrible against the Steelers. I agree starting Andrew Suck would be a big mistake.
Quote:The Colts would be putting Andrew Luck at great risk if they play him behind the injury depleted Offensive Line they fielded in Pittsburgh. 
But....our Def would hardly touch him....
Quote:But....our Def would hardly touch him....

Colts training staff determine who plays behind center based on his health, not the opponent. You know that, right?

Actually if Luck starts we could pressure him because he would be playing with injuries.
Quote:Colts training staff determine who plays behind center based on his health, not the opponent. You know that, right?

Actually if Luck starts we could pressure him because he would be playing with injuries.
With only a four man rush? Perhaps, but not enough I'm afraid
Quote:Colts training staff determine who plays behind center based on his health, not the opponent. You know that, right?

I think scoobydiesel is illustrating his concern regarding the Jaguars pass rush as the overriding factor in terms of the matchups.

My comment was more directed at the Colts situation not only for the game in Jax but for all of their games that they have the exact or similar Offensive Line situation that they had in Pittsburgh last night.  
Quote:With only a four man rush? Perhaps, but not enough I'm afraid

How many guys do we need to rush the quarterback regardless of who starts?
Quote:Michele Tafoya reported Matt Hasselbeck has a shoulder injury and is in the concussion protocol. That was why he left the game, not getting benched.

Earlier in the game, Al Michaels said Andrew Luck may play against us. I read he is practicing pain-free.

It sounds to me like we might play against Charlie Whitehurst again, but will not know who starts until Friday or Saturday.

What makes it sound like Whitehurst will play?
Quote:What makes it sound like Whitehurst will play?

Andrew Luck most likely being out another week and Matt Hasselbeck having a couple new injuries.
Quote:How many guys do we need to rush the quarterback regardless of who starts?
We suck. We are absolutely awful at rushing the QB. It doesn't matter who is protecting Luck on that line, we won't be able to put any pressure on him...

Wow, that might have been one of the more rude and idiotic comments you have ever posted. Maybe just because it was actually in reply to my post so I noticed it more than some of your other posts. I'll leave it at that.

Quote: I think scoobydiesel is illustrating his concern regarding the Jaguars pass rush as the overriding factor in terms of the matchups.

My comment was more directed at the Colts situation not only for the game in Jax but for all of their games that they have the exact or similar Offensive Line situation that they had in Pittsburgh last night.  
Correct, Luck or whoever the Colts decide to play will more than likely still play well against our Defense as our pass rush has been very lackluster all season and has already seen the colts get a Win against us this season.
At this point I doubt we could even pressure an iNJURED quarterback.

Old qb's.... hurt qb's.......new qb's....we're equal opportunity losers.

They've all beat us.

Unfortunately Chuck Pagano is expecting Matt Hasselbeck to play Sunday. He will practice Wednesday.

Quote:Unfortunately Chuck Pagano is expecting Matt Hasselbeck to play Sunday. He will practice Wednesday.

Hasselbeck is going to play? Well, maybe the combination of old AND injured will work out for us this time...
Quote:Hasselbeck is going to play? Well, maybe the combination of old AND injured will work out for us this time...

Of course it is too early to tell right now, so take Chuck Pagano's comments with a grain of salt.
Quote:At this point I doubt we could even pressure an iNJURED quarterback.

Old qb's.... hurt qb's.......new qb's....we're equal opportunity losers.

They've all beat Gus.

FIFY.

Look closely and you will see it.
Quote:FIFY.

Look closely and you will see it.
Even if Gus is bad, our players should still be able to dominate a 40 year old injured QB. The Steelers could've been led by a potato and the outcome would've been the same Sunday Night.
Quote:Even if Gus is bad, our players should still be able to dominate a 40 year old injured QB. The Steelers could've been led by a potato and the outcome would've been the same Sunday Night.

Why does everybody make a big deal about how old he is? People act like just because Matt Hassebeck is 40 years old he sucks.

So what if Hasselbeck has two injuries? That does not mean his performance would be bad against really good teams. There is no reason to think if we had a good defense he would sit the game out.

Quote:Why does everybody make a big deal about how old he is? People act like just because Matt Hassebeck is 40 years old he sucks.

So what if Hasselbeck has two injuries? That does not mean his performance would be bad against really good teams. There is no reason to think if we had a good defense he would sit the game out.
1. Players in the NFL at age 40 is rare. They don't have the physical strength or mobility they once had. He doesn't suck, but he is not that good anymore and it shouldn't be hard to shut him down.

2. Being that old with two injuries as a QB? Are you serious? That's self explanatory why it's bad.

3. Why are you talking about good teams and his performance?

4. I never said anything or thought about him sitting out if we had a good defense...???
Pages: 1 2 3