Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Thank God for Life
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Today I just got back from the Mayo Clinic. I have a brand new kidney.Since April 2011 I have been fighting kidney desease.Dialysis for 2 years 8 months. Times I knew I would dye.

Here I am though starting a new miracle life at 59 years old. I am going to spend my kids inheritance!Ha!

Jaguar tickets next year. Have never seen the scoreboards.

Remember this life is special.Live it clean and god will repay you.

I have alot to be thankful of today.

Go Jags.

And love your family because it is what makes the world go around.
I'm thankful for you, man. God is good, no?
Have not been a religion orented guy my life. In fact the complete opisite.

Not anymore. Been praying since June 6th. Yes god is good!

I'm happy for you Warjag! May God continue to bless you and your family.

Go live brother!

Go Jags
What a Thanksgiving for you and your family!
Quote:Jaguar tickets next year.

Why not this year?
This is great news, Warjag! I thank God daily for my life because I should have been dead 8 years ago. And I'll tell you what my surgeon told me after I had my shoulder surgery 5 years ago..... you only have one chance to recover from this the right way so do what you're supposed to, don't rush it and enjoy.

Good for u my man. :thanks:  be to God.

Good news man! Happy to hear!
Thank you to the people that donate organs and perform surgeries.
Quote:Thank you to the people that donate organs and perform surgeries.

Truth ^^

I dodge a bullet this year and it is only through grace that I get to watch more football and be with the family.  I had an extreme Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT).  Blood clots that get in your legs or arms.  The problem is when pieces break off and hit your lungs you can get an embolism and die.  Fortunately my wife pushed me to not do the man thing and ignore the extreme swelling in my leg.  3 Days in the hospital and TPA Therapy and back on track.

I'm thankful for those that stick it out and make it through the grind of medical school, internships and extensive training.

Quote:Why not this year?

Infections. I have to were a mask till the 24th of December. I am taking to many anti-infection medicines
Quote:Truth ^^

I dodge a bullet this year and it is only through grace that I get to watch more football and be with the family. I had an extreme Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). Blood clots that get in your legs or arms. The problem is when pieces break off and hit your lungs you can get an embolism and die. Fortunately my wife pushed me to not do the man thing and ignore the extreme swelling in my leg. 3 Days in the hospital and TPA Therapy and back on track.

I'm thankful for those that stick it out and make it through the grind of medical school, internships and extensive training.

Stay ositive as you know
Quote:Thank you to the people that donate organs and perform surgeries.

I would not except family organs. I was lucky. Thanks to the person who gave me life. Whoever that was
Best thread of the year, maybe ever.

I'm very happy for you, Warjag.

Congrats!  Positive vibes your way.

Man, probably nobody loves this news more than me. I am coming up on my one year anniversary of being diagnosed with Renal Cell Carcinoma (clear cell). In layman's terms, it is a particularly nasty form of kidney cancer. I have lost one kidney to it. I am stage 4, and have it in my bones also. Fortunately I am in remission. Despite all that, I still take drugs (chemo) that has reduced the quality of my life to little more than bedrest most days. My beautiful new wife is struggling bad with all of this. I have lost nearly 100 pounds since falling sick. I used to have the look of a football player. I was big and had muscles. I was 258 at the time I checked into the hospital and was diagnosed. I am struggling to not fall under 170 now. I rarely eat, get out of bed, or live any sort of meaningful life anymore. Just earlier tonight my wife told me that she feels like she has already lost me because that me is long gone. I am struggling more than at any other time in my life. I need to find a way to fight and perhaps I can use your story as inspiration to keep soldiering on. My wife wants me to fight harder than I've ever fought in my entire life. I need to do that because I am not going to leave her. She is my world. I am very afraid for the first time in my life. I would gladly lay down my life for my wife and my daughter, and have considered doing so because I still have really good life insurance and haven't lost that yet. That's not what she wants though. She wants me to beat this thing. Statistically, I have a 6% chance of living 5 years or more. Not real good odds. I likely will lose my employment sometime next year. They put me on involuntary medical leave a week ago until January. They haven't parted ways, but if they do, I lose a 6 figure life insurance policy to my wife and daughter. Pressure is knowing that I can stop taking a pill, and nature will take it's course and my family would be set up for life. It's tough. I think I should, but she doesn't want that.

I am so glad that you are out of this forest of misery. It is no place to be.

God Bless. Smile

So happy for you Warjag!!!

Dakota, stay strong, have faith and don't give up. You have a family that loves you and needs you. And you will beat this!!!

Quote:Man, probably nobody loves this news more than me. I am coming up on my one year anniversary of being diagnosed with Renal Cell Carcinoma (clear cell). In layman's terms, it is a particularly nasty form of kidney cancer. I have lost one kidney to it. I am stage 4, and have it in my bones also. Fortunately I am in remission. Despite all that, I still take drugs (chemo) that has reduced the quality of my life to little more than bedrest most days. My beautiful new wife is struggling bad with all of this. I have lost nearly 100 pounds since falling sick. I used to have the look of a football player. I was big and had muscles. I was 258 at the time I checked into the hospital and was diagnosed. I am struggling to not fall under 170 now. I rarely eat, get out of bed, or live any sort of meaningful life anymore. Just earlier tonight my wife told me that she feels like she has already lost me because that me is long gone. I am struggling more than at any other time in my life. I need to find a way to fight and perhaps I can use your story as inspiration to keep soldiering on. My wife wants me to fight harder than I've ever fought in my entire life. I need to do that because I am not going to leave her. She is my world. I am very afraid for the first time in my life. I would gladly lay down my life for my wife and my daughter, and have considered doing so because I still have really good life insurance and haven't lost that yet. That's not what she wants though. She wants me to beat this thing. Statistically, I have a 6% chance of living 5 years or more. Not real good odds. I likely will lose my employment sometime next year. They put me on involuntary medical leave a week ago until January. They haven't parted ways, but if they do, I lose a 6 figure life insurance policy to my wife and daughter. Pressure is knowing that I can stop taking a pill, and nature will take it's course and my family would be set up for life. It's tough. I think I should, but she doesn't want that.

I am so glad that you are out of this forest of misery. It is no place to be.

God Bless. Smile

Dakota, your wife and kid would rather have you around for as long as they can than a 6 figure life insurance policy. Fight the good fight, brother. You won't regret it.
Pages: 1 2