Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 89% of "experts" have the Jaguars winning on Sunday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://nflpickwatch.com/

Neat little site I found. Strange seeing the Jaguars as favourites to win 2 weeks in a row.

We were not the favorites last week. It was a pick'em game..

How do they come up with 89 percent?

Jinx?

Quote:We were not the favorites last week. It was a pick'em game..

How do they come up with 89 percent?
[Image: ntEIheW.jpg]

Most of them had us winning last week too...

89% of the people they asked have the Jags winning. Simple Smile

The Jaguars were 2 1/2 point underdogs against the Tita
ns virtually everywhere. I have no clue why she was thinking it was a "pick 'em," and I'm fairly sure she'll be unable to provide a link.

The Chargers are not a good team. 

I expect the Jags to win the game. 

Doesn't really matter where she got her info. The thread is talking about the "expert's" pick, not the betting line.

Quote:The Jaguars were 2 1/2 point underdogs against the Tita
ns virtually everywhere. I have no clue why she was thinking it was a "pick 'em," and I'm fairly sure she'll be unable to provide a link.

Teams get 3 points for playing at home. The Jaguars were favored by less than 3 points for a home game. If the game was played at a neutral site, Tennessee would have been the favorite.
I noticed Schlereth and company picking Jags over SD on ESPN yesterday.

Though - I hesitate to call them 'experts.'
Quote:Doesn't really matter where she got her info. The thread is talking about the "expert's" pick, not the betting line.

Of course not all so-called "experts" know anything about the Jaguars.
Quote:Teams get 3 points for playing at home. The Jaguars were favored by less than 3 points for a home game. If the game was played at a neutral site, Tennessee would have been the favorite.
I'm not talking about betting. I'm talking about "expert" picks.
Quote:Teams get 3 points for playing at home. The Jaguars were favored by less than 3 points for a home game. If the game was played at a neutral site, Tennessee would have been the favorite.

Great... you know the rules.  That doesn't make it a pick-um. When it's a pick um... well, it says "pick".

Quote:I'm not talking about betting. I'm talking about "expert" picks.

Doesn't matter... you were correct either way.

Quote:Great... you know the rules.  That doesn't make it a pick-um. When it's a pick um... well, it says "pick um".

I never saw it spelled that way. Everywhere I look it is "pick 'em."
Quote:I never saw it spelled that way. Everywhere I look it is "pick 'em."

You need to refresh... I actually edited that to just read "pick" which is all you ever actually see.

who told you all of this?
Quote:who told you all of this?

Have you seriously never heard this?

Quote:who told you all of this?

That's what Vegas gives home field advantage. 

Quote:You need to refresh... I actually edited that to just read "pick" which is all you ever actually see.
That is why there is an "ignore" posts option (which I am using).
Quote:How do they come up with 89 percent?

They asked 9 people. 8 picked the Jags. Round to 0dp.
Pages: 1 2