Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
89% of "experts" have the Jaguars winning on Sunday

http://nflpickwatch.com/

Neat little site I found. Strange seeing the Jaguars as favourites to win 2 weeks in a row.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We were not the favorites last week. It was a pick'em game..

How do they come up with 89 percent?

Jinx?

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2015, 02:41 PM by BritishJag.)

Quote:We were not the favorites last week. It was a pick'em game..

How do they come up with 89 percent?
[Image: ntEIheW.jpg]

Most of them had us winning last week too...

89% of the people they asked have the Jags winning. Simple Smile

The Jaguars were 2 1/2 point underdogs against the Tita
ns virtually everywhere. I have no clue why she was thinking it was a "pick 'em," and I'm fairly sure she'll be unable to provide a link.

'02

The Chargers are not a good team. 

I expect the Jags to win the game. 

Doesn't really matter where she got her info. The thread is talking about the "expert's" pick, not the betting line.

Quote:The Jaguars were 2 1/2 point underdogs against the Tita
ns virtually everywhere. I have no clue why she was thinking it was a "pick 'em," and I'm fairly sure she'll be unable to provide a link.

Teams get 3 points for playing at home. The Jaguars were favored by less than 3 points for a home game. If the game was played at a neutral site, Tennessee would have been the favorite.

I noticed Schlereth and company picking Jags over SD on ESPN yesterday.

Though - I hesitate to call them 'experts.'

Quote:Doesn't really matter where she got her info. The thread is talking about the "expert's" pick, not the betting line.

Of course not all so-called "experts" know anything about the Jaguars.

Quote:Teams get 3 points for playing at home. The Jaguars were favored by less than 3 points for a home game. If the game was played at a neutral site, Tennessee would have been the favorite.
I'm not talking about betting. I'm talking about "expert" picks.

Quote:Teams get 3 points for playing at home. The Jaguars were favored by less than 3 points for a home game. If the game was played at a neutral site, Tennessee would have been the favorite.

Great... you know the rules.  That doesn't make it a pick-um. When it's a pick um... well, it says "pick".

'02

Quote:I'm not talking about betting. I'm talking about "expert" picks.

Doesn't matter... you were correct either way.

'02

Quote:Great... you know the rules.  That doesn't make it a pick-um. When it's a pick um... well, it says "pick um".

I never saw it spelled that way. Everywhere I look it is "pick 'em."

Quote:I never saw it spelled that way. Everywhere I look it is "pick 'em."

You need to refresh... I actually edited that to just read "pick" which is all you ever actually see.

'02

who told you all of this?

Quote:who told you all of this?

Have you seriously never heard this?

'02

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2015, 03:04 PM by Tuxedo.)

Quote:who told you all of this?

That's what Vegas gives home field advantage. 

Quote:You need to refresh... I actually edited that to just read "pick" which is all you ever actually see.
That is why there is an "ignore" posts option (which I am using).

Quote:How do they come up with 89 percent?

They asked 9 people. 8 picked the Jags. Round to 0dp.