Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguar fan from hawaii... need advise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey fellow jaguar fans. Been a die hard jaguar fan since I was 7! (1997)... Born and raised in hawaii, although a beautiful place, we don't have any pro football team (or any pro teams for that matter). Never saw a jaguars game in person, finally financial stable and planning a trip there to see a game. Was thinking the last game of the season or a play off game if we make it in. Any advise one best place to buy tickets or places to go while in jacksonville to maximize my jaguar experience. Much appreciated. Go JAGS!
I'm of no help as I'm in California and also waiting to finally see a game at home but I wanted to say congrats on getting your life in a good spot and good luck on whatever plans you make!
Hah. As a jax native I usually buy tickets on stub hub minutes after kickoff. Pretty lame, I know. Jacksonville has a lot to offer though, it's deceptively big. Most areas are suburban in nature, but Riverside and the Beach Bars have a lot going on during the weekends.

Riverside, check for Kings Street and Five Points. Walks around with the hipsters and bar crawl, it's pretty fun.

Beach Bars, prepare to drop a 100 bucks and be careful of Cops. But it's always a blast.
Quote:I'm of no help as I'm in California and also waiting to finally see a game at home but I wanted to say congrats on getting your life in a good spot and good luck on whatever plans you make!

Thanks! Jus keep working bro, take every opportunity to progress. Any type of progress is progress. Soon you'll be at a jaguar game!
Quote:Hah. As a jax native I usually buy tickets on stub hub minutes after kickoff. Pretty lame, I know. Jacksonville has a lot to offer though, it's deceptively big. Most areas are suburban in nature, but Riverside and the Beach Bars have a lot going on during the weekends.

Riverside, check for Kings Street and Five Points. Walks around with the hipsters and bar crawl, it's pretty fun.

Beach Bars, prepare to drop a 100 bucks and be careful of Cops. But it's always a blast.

Awesome! thanks for the info... sounds like a lot of fun. As far as the 100 bucks, I can relate in hawaii our tax prices are crazy... house are 650,000 on average and gas here is at 4 a gallon!.. but thanks again, can't wait to experience jacksonville and finally be around other jag fans, as hawaii are mostly packers, patriots, broncos, 49ers and steelers fans -_-
Quote:Awesome! thanks for the info... sounds like a lot of fun. As far as the 100 bucks, I can relate in hawaii our tax prices are crazy... house are 650,000 on average and gas here is at 4 a gallon!.. but thanks again, can't wait to experience jacksonville and finally be around other jag fans, as hawaii are mostly packers, patriots, broncos, 49ers and steelers fans -_-

You see fans of these teams everywhere. I'm in Vancouver, WA, and if I had to list the fan bases here they'd go something like Seahawks, 49ers, Broncos, Raiders and Steelers with the occasional Patriots or Packers fan.

If you happen to be a history buff, you want to be sure to check out St. Augustine while you're out there.

Quote:You see fans of these teams everywhere. I'm in Vancouver, WA, and if I had to list the fan bases here they'd go something like Seahawks, 49ers, Broncos, Raiders and Steelers with the occasional Patriots or Packers fan.

If you happen to be a history buff, you want to be sure to check out St. Augustine while you're out there.

02 what part of Vancouver do you live in?
Quote:Hah. As a jax native I usually buy tickets on stub hub minutes after kickoff. Pretty lame, I know. Jacksonville has a lot to offer though, it's deceptively big. Most areas are suburban in nature, but Riverside and the Beach Bars have a lot going on during the weekends.

There's a King Street and a Kings Road.  

You meant King Street.   Not Kings Street.    Don't want him going to the wrong place. 

StubHub. My advice, go to a game you think we will win. Flying all the way from Canada to Jacksonville to see them get crushed both times was not pretty..

Quote:You see fans of these teams everywhere. I'm in Vancouver, WA, and if I had to list the fan bases here they'd go something like Seahawks, 49ers, Broncos, Raiders and Steelers with the occasional Patriots or Packers fan.

There is another Jags fan in Washington!? I thought I was the only one.

But for the OP I always used stub hub for tickets. Also if you want to save on lodging look into airbnb. Good luck. I myself am trying to get to the Falcons game.
If you are flying all the way from Hawaii you may want to rent a car and add Orlando to your trip. Usually in the winter the lines for the rides are shorter and the prices might be a bit better.
I live in Southern California and am waiting to go to my first home game. Actually, almost moved to Jax at one point. Congrats on being able to get to go.

Quote:StubHub. My advice, go to a game you think we will win. Flying all the way from Canada to Jacksonville to see them get crushed both times was not pretty..

Agreed I have been going once a year myself for 4 years now and have never seen them win. I thought this would be the year as we were playing the Texans...
Quote:There is another Jags fan in Washington!? I thought I was the only one.

But for the OP I always used stub hub for tickets. Also if you want to save on lodging look into airbnb. Good luck. I myself am trying to get to the Falcons game.

I also live in Vancouver Washington.
Quote:I also live in Vancouver Washington.

I can't believe we still haven't met. I know we planned to a couple times, but it never quite worked out.

There are a couple more in the Portland OR area, and then of course NWestJagsFan who I believe is living in a Seattle suburb.

Definitely hit up the Gold Club while you're in town.

my advice... stay in Hawaii. you're already in paradise.

Quote:Awesome! thanks for the info... sounds like a lot of fun. As far as the 100 bucks, I can relate in hawaii our tax prices are crazy... house are 650,000 on average and gas here is at 4 a gallon!.. but thanks again, can't wait to experience jacksonville and finally be around other jag fans, as hawaii are mostly packers, patriots, broncos, 49ers and steelers fans -_-

I have a diesel car, it costs me £70 to fill up from empty... that's about $105!!
I'll be moving to Oahu in January. (Army PCS)
Hopefully you bring some luck with you!

I'm from the UK, and the first two Jags games I went to were against the titans in 2003 (we got crushed) and then against the Texans in week 16 of 2004 - that was the 'win and we make the playoffs game' - we lost 21-0. And it was cold. Hard times man, hard times.

On a happier note the next game I went to was against the raiders in the 2007 season where we hung 60 points on them... I think... I was very drunk.
Pages: 1 2