Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Offensive Playcalling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think I've seen enough of Olson.

Terrible play caller, especially in the redzone.

Almost lost us the game.
You couldn't help yourself could you? You just had to complain. Save it for tomorrow.

:thanks:
Classic rocdee
I don't mind his normal play calling, but I hope after this game the redzone play calling gets a little less obvious
Quote:I don't mind his normal play calling, but I hope after this game the redzone play calling gets a little less obvious

Yeah, 95% of the field he's a decent play caller, but whenever we get within the opponent's five yard line it's awful.
Two straight runs with Drob in the redzone? ??
Quote:I think I've seen enough of Olson.

Terrible play caller, especially in the redzone.

Almost lost us the game.

Its not olsen bro.
Quote:Two straight runs with Drob in the redzone? ??

I think it was three. Ninja
The playcalling was kind of offensive.

The only thing that makes sense as to why they just keep on running the ball at the goal line is because they are simply forcing themselves to score a running TD.

They only have 1 rushing TD on the season and they simply want to show they can run it in, even if it doesn't work over and over and over again.

Nothing else makes sense to me as to why they don't throw it to a leaping AR15 or even JT80 or Hurns.

Quote:The only thing that makes sense as to why they just keep on running the ball at the goal line is because they are simply forcing themselves to score a running TD.

They only have 1 rushing TD on the season and they simply want to show they can run it in, even if it doesn't work over and over and over again.

Nothing else makes sense to me as to why they don't throw it to a leaping AR15 or even JT80 or Hurns.

If they're going to do that, they should probably start giving it to the best RB on the team.
Offensive line can't get it done when we're inside the 5.....coaches should realize this and play to our strength, tall strong receivers....and a QB who can run too.

Quote:If they're going to do that, they should probably start giving it to the best RB on the team.

Yeah, just another one of the great Jag's mysteries as to why they run somebody other then Yeldon.

I don't understand it either, get your best Rb some TDs.

Our interior pass and run blocking is bad. 

We also shouldn't be running the ball with an obvious run formation in the redzone with how bad our o line is playing. We should run 3 to 4 WR sets every time in the redone, even if we are running the ball. 

I would love to see more option plays, Bortles can run. 

Why we don't use the PA bootleg down there I will never know. Give BB the run-pass option.
Not to mention how we know a blitz is coming, but Olson never calls a screen or draw. He always calls intermediate routes in those situations. ...crazy
Quote:Our interior pass and run blocking is bad. 

We also shouldn't be running the ball with an obvious run formation in the redzone with how bad our o line is playing. We should run 3 to 4 WR sets every time in the redone, even if we are running the ball. 

I would love to see more option plays, Bortles can run. 

Good points, I agree.

It's baffling why we keep on trying to run it with the same formation over and over and over even when it doesn't work.
Quote:Why we don't use the PA bootleg down there I will never know. Give BB the run-pass option.

I've been saying this for a while myself.

I don't understand it either, the run-pass can be very deadly at the goal line.
Someone asked where he was in another thread. Thanks for that by the way.
He's done a great job with Blake but that play calling was horrendous..

Pages: 1 2