Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: "Money" Meyers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The guy had a great game with kickoffs and field goals. An unsung hero
Good game by him. Maybe he's finally gotten comfortable? One can only hope...
He's been much better since the bye. He whiffed that short one last week but he's been money aside from that.

He's playing every down like it's his last, because another booboo and it could be.

The kid had a good game. Hopefully he is improving at his craft.
Que sandlot squints. .....ahhh he's alright.

Ok...lets play some ball
yeah every time he lined up to kick tonight i would sit back in my chair a little more each time. learning to trust him. hopefully he keeps getting better every week.

I am starting to gain confidence in arena trash Meyers for what it's worth (nothing).
Man.....if he would have made that kick up in Indy we're sitting pretty at 5-5 with sole possession of 1st place.

If Nick Marshall doesn't muff a punt....we are sitting prettier at 6-4.

In before if my uncle was my....blah blah blah
He's far from money, but it was nice to see him have a flawless night while getting a decent workload. Watching him kick is like an adventure unto itself.

Myers = GOAT
I still dont trust him.
Good performance from Myers last night. I still question how reliable he is though. 

He's in the zone.

Still not liked enough for people to spell his name right. 

Can we please stop?

Let him go... I don't know... 2?  3 weeks without shanking a Sub-30 yard kick before calling him "Money"?

HEY He didn't trip over his own feet and kick the ball towards the sideline this week.  HOF!

He's on pace for 29 FG's this season, which would be more than Scobee ever had.

And he's at 81% for FG's this year, which is slightly above Scobee's career average with the Jaguars.

Still not sure how good he is, but just throwing that out there.

If he works out it saves us using a late round dradt pick on a kicker. Weve had pretty good success in the later rounds so that could be big for us.
Quote:He's on pace for 29 FG's this season, which would be more than Scobee ever had.

And he's at 81% for FG's this year, which is slightly above Scobee's career average with the Jaguars.

Still not sure how good he is, but just throwing that out there.

Number of FGs is kind of irrelevant and is more of an indicator of our Offense failing to execute.

Scobee last season... was not a star.  He was not good.  This year... well... he's unemployed now so that should pretty much tell you what you need to know there.

The 3 years prior, during which Scobee WAS kind of a star (again, partially because he was one of the only bright spots on the team), his percentages were 92%, 89.3% and 92%.  Solid numbers, and being 10/13 from 50+ really helped elevate his status.

Multiple Game Winning 50+ yard FGs are what made Scobee a "Star", as well as not having a penchant for shanking Sub-50 yard FGs.

Scobee also had some very... VERY bad years.

Myers, so far, has not been "Money".  He's been "Hold your breath, he's likely to shank this chip shot!"

He's literally missed a kick in HALF of his games so far this year.  Every other week you can expect him to miss.  And I'm not talking 59 yard, end of half, screw it, let's see if we can't steal 3 points misses.

I'm talking a 26 yarder,  I'm talking THREE extra points.

Look... I'm hoping the kid turns it around and makes us all forget this rookie season full of bad kicks.  I'm just saying... Money?!  he's anything BUT money.
Diz is writhing in pain over this...

Props to a kicker? A KICKER?!?!?! 

He was bad early...... we should hate him forever!!!

Haha

You OK man? If you don't want to give the kid props.... don't....

But we're going to.

Pages: 1 2