Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Allen Hurns getting noticed as Jaguars team record chaser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The media may not be respecting us as a team yet, but they are loving the best players on our roster! How in the world did this guy not get drafted?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...star-power

Quote:<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">Lost in the calamitous ending of Sunday's Jaguars-Ravens game was the fact that Jacksonville wideout Allen Hurns caught yet another touchdown pass, extending his streak to seven games in a row.

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">The mark is a franchise record and is the best in the NFL since Dez Bryant's seven-game run in 2012. He is now past the halfway point of breaking the league's all-time record set by Jerry Rice back in 1986-87.
Let's get the record, Burns!

Burns. The best WR we have.
Quote:The media may not be respecting us as a team yet, but they are loving the best players on our roster! How in the world did this guy not get drafted?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...star-power
No idea. All I can figure is that teams watching him at the combine got hung up on his average frame (6'1"--not 6'3"--195 at the combine) and his 4.55 40 and just chalked him up as yet another average size/speed prospect.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: he's well on his way to becoming one of the best receivers in the NFL. Better than Robinson. If he were playing in New York or Dallas, he'd already be on a lot of top-ten lists.
Quote:No idea. All I can figure is that teams watching him at the combine got hung up on his average frame (6'1"--not 6'3"--195 at the combine) and his 4.55 40 and just chalked him up as yet another average size/speed prospect.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: he's well on his way to becoming one of the best receivers in the NFL. Better than Robinson. If he were playing in New York or Dallas, he'd already be on a lot of top-ten lists.

But Steve Smith is only 5-9 and was a Pro Bowler with the Panthers . . .

It does not matter who our best wide receiver is. Both guys are getting the ball enough to make lots of good plays. Just give me the wins, baby! Love the Allen Show.

Thanks Caldwell

WOW! He's chasing a Jerry Rice record? Inconceivable! What is the JR record, btw?

Hurns has been consistent dating back to last season.

Robinson is putting up very similar numbers. Glad to see that our WRs are set for the next 10 years.
Quote:Hurns has been consistent dating back to last season.

Robinson is putting up very similar numbers. Glad to see that our WRs are set for the next 10 years.

And Robinson would have much bigger numbers if he was not injured last year. They will be together more than 10 years.
Quote:But Steve Smith is only 5-9 and was a Pro Bowler with the Panthers . . .
Steve Smith ran a 4.4 coming out, posted 20+ ypc in both of his college seasons and was a game-breaking returner. Hurns had one noteworthy year and zero experience in the return game. Explosiveness goes a long way on draft day.
Quote:And Robinson would have much bigger numbers if he was not injured last year. They will be together more than 10 years.

Great point Captain obvious.

And how many years will they be together?
and now he has a sports Hernia Wallbash

Quote:and now he has a sports Hernia Wallbash
#becausejaguars
Quote:WOW! He's chasing a Jerry Rice record? Inconceivable! What is the JR record, btw?
Quote:Steve Smith ran a 4.4 coming out, posted 20+ YPC in both of his college seasons and was a game-breaking returner. Hurns had one noteworthy year and zero experience in the return game. Explosiveness goes a long way on draft day.

You would never guess that just by watching him play. This guy is a gem.
Quote:13
I know hes hurt but man it would be epic if he played and broke this record but its in doubt now...
Does the record continue if he misses games in between for injury? Are they consecutive games by week or just consecutive that he played in?
It has to be consecutive games. Also, you cannot really be a "record chaser" when Hurns is barely HALFWAY to Jerry Rice's record. I know even that has not been done in a few seasons, but consider he has to duplicate the past 7 weeks to break the record. It does also cause you realize just how good Jerry Rice was.

Quote:It has to be consecutive games. Also, you cannot really be a "record chaser" when Hurns is barely HALFWAY to Jerry Rice's record. I know even that has not been done in a few seasons, but consider he has to duplicate the past 7 weeks to break the record. It does also cause you realize just how good Jerry Rice was.
You can still be a "record chaser".  Is he going to pull it off?  Probably not, but it's still a great indication of how well he's playing...And yeah, Rice is easily the GOAT WR and it's not even close.  No one is going to be on that guys level any time soon if ever.
Kind of surprised Moss didn't break JR's record in 07
Pages: 1 2