Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles had a bad day - and still 2TDs and 1 INT.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
He's definitely got some more learning to do.  Being able to make short completions, and doing a better job of finding an open receiver.  He had some bad throws that should have been picked off.

But the thing is, despite his bad day, he keeps throwing TDs. He's got 19 now.  With just one game past the mid-season mark, he's just a few short of the Jaguars record.

I'm not ready to anoint him as a top-5 QB.  But I feel good about him leading the Jags in the future.

Nevermind

He was terrible. Jittery in the pocket and his throws were wobbly all game. He took a step back today.
He played anxious, seems like the playoff talk got to him

He`ll do great things here and so will Gus Bradley

He was bad today. No question. And yet still looked better than any Jags QB in recent years.

That's a good thing.

Bad days will happen. His bad days are better than previous QBs GOOD days.
It was a bad outing, but he REALLY needs some help from an offensive line. The few times he got protection he did well.

Bortles is a gunslinger. He needs to learn how to methodically pick his way up the field rather than 2-3 plays huge plays that gets you up the field.

Quote:And a rating of 113.6, the second highest of his career.

Wow!!! was it really that high? Nice.

BB5 also gets credit for a W as a starting QB and also gets credit for a GW drive.

They keep track of these stats for QBs.

It is nice to know that the Jags can find a way to win when BB5 doesn't play anywhere near his best game, although the Ravens helped out there, mainly that last face masking.

BB5 was 22/45 188yds 2 Ds 1INT.  That is less then 50% completion rate, but they found a way to win.
Yeah he was pretty horrible today.... And got lucky. But sometimes you gotta get lucky!

We've been unlucky before.

I'll take the W!
Awful game by Bortles

Thats what good QBs do, over come bad games, by making good plays here and there

I'll take his 2 TDs and 1 INT with the win EVERY time.

I'm a big blake bortles supporter but boy he was bad today and he was good when it counted so that what all matters.

Hes just not that efficent. He makes plays hes a really good football player that is learning to play qb.
Quote:I'll take his 2 TDs and 1 INT with the win EVERY time.

^This.. All day...
The offensive line was the awful part of his play today. No running lanes and a muddy pocket even from the shot gun. When you are in the shotgun and get harassed in your first read, you will look bad. His hard work is carrying us.

Quote:I'm a big blake bortles supporter but boy he was bad today and he was good when it counted so that what all matters.

Yep, the Jags don't come anywhere close to winning that exact game with any other QB on the roster. NONE.
Quote:The offensive line was the awful part of his play today. No running lanes and a muddy pocket even from the shot gun. When you are in the shotgun and get harassed in your first read, you will look bad. His hard work is carrying us.

Yep.

This team probably doesn't win a game thus far without Bortles.

He makes mistakes but he makes so many plays too.  He along with Hurns and ARob are lone bright spots.

The OL is stupid bad.  They can't run or pass block.  HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?
I'm worried about his mechanics. They appear to be reverting back. He is dropping the ball really low in his throwing motion.
Quote:Yep.

This team probably doesn't win a game thus far without Bortles.

He makes mistakes but he makes so many plays too.  He along with Hurns and ARob are lone bright spots.

The OL is stupid bad.  They can't run or pass block.  HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?

Yeah, you put Chenne or Yo Gabba Gabba back there, and we have 0 wins.
Pages: 1 2 3