Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars Wide Receiver's Corp is ranked 2nd on PFF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Walters for mvp
!!!

...but ARob dropped a pass in the last game.

Walters:

"catching 24 of his 28 targets (85.7 percent, tied NO.1 in the NFL) with zero drops."

Outstanding! Keep that guy on the field in possession/chain-moving situations. He should be an option on EVERY 3rd and 3 or longer.
Even though none of them rank way up there like Antonio Brown and Julio Jones, having the highest rated #3 WR gives the Jaguars the 2nd best average grade for the top three. I've thought of Walters as being just ok because he's kind of a drop and fall WR who doesn't post much YAC, but these are some impressive figures...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Walters has played well in the slot, catching 24 of his 28 targets (85.7 percent, tied No. 1 in the NFL) with zero drops.

Quote:Walters:

"catching 24 of his 28 targets (85.7 percent, tied NO.1 in the NFL) with zero drops."

Outstanding! Keep that guy on the field in possession/chain-moving situations. He should be an option on EVERY 3rd and 3 or longer.

Hey...you snuck in and posted my quote one second before I was able to.

And,, I'm actually surprised the Bengals aren't higher. But, thatay be due to the fact that they heavily use TE Eifert and Bernard/Hill also.

If the Jags had a great TE (waiting on you JT), and consistent play-making RB (Yeldon hopefully gets there quickly),,, the Jags WR numbers would probably drop a little. But that'd be great to see.

Jags offense on a great trajectory!
I remember when the WR position used to be horrid. I hope I can say the same about the Dline one day

Quote:And,, I'm actually surprised the Bengals aren't higher. But, thatay be due to the fact that they heavily use TE Eifert and Bernard/Hill also.

If the Jags had a great TE (waiting on you JT), and consistent play-making RB (Yeldon hopefully gets there quickly),,, the Jags WR numbers would probably drop a little. But that'd be great to see.

I suspect that if the Jaguars had great run blocking they would have a great RB. As it is, Yeldon has averaged 5.3 ypc over the past two weeks.

Quote:Even though none of them rank way up there like Antonio Brown and Julio Jones, having the highest rated #3 WR gives the Jaguars the 2nd best average grade for the top three. I've thought of Walters as being just ok because he's kind of a drop and fall WR who doesn't post much YAC, but these are some impressive figures...

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">Walters has played well in the slot, catching 24 of his 28 targets (85.7 percent, tied No. 1 in the NFL) with zero drops.

As long as Hurns is healthy,, and hopefully JT starts turning it on,, Walters is exactly the type of #3/slot WR I'd prefer having. He's a guy that can consistently sustain drives by converting 3rd downs. That is a huge plus (not pretty,, not a game-breaker,, but VERY important).
idc PFF SUCKS

This QB / WR transition that the Jags have made over the past 2 years is nothing short of amazing.

I've never been so happy to be so wrong about a player (A. Robinson - PSU)

Quote:Even though none of them rank way up there like Antonio Brown and Julio Jones, having the highest rated #3 WR gives the Jaguars the 2nd best average grade for the top three. I've thought of Walters as being just OK because he's kind of a drop and fall WR who doesn't post much YAC, but these are some impressive figures.

If the pass attempt is long enough for a first down, Waters does not need to run after the catch. But I would love to see more YAC from our new star receiver, of course.

They don't rank up there with more famous names because this is their first season together. We picked up Walters after putting Greene on injured reserve IIRC. With time they will become household names.

Quote:And,, I'm actually surprised the Bengals aren't higher. But, that may be due to the fact that they heavily use TE Eifert and Bernard/Hill also.

The Bengals have had Eifert all year, so there was never a problem at tight end in Cincinnati. When Thomas can stay healthy, we will see more passes thrown his way.
Quote:This QB / WR transition that the Jags have made over the past 2 years is nothing short of amazing.

I've never been so happy to be so wrong about a player (A. Robinson - PSU)

Paul Posluszny and Jared Odrick are former Nittany Lions too. Do you have an issue with players coming from PSU?

I knew last year Blake Bortles and the Allens were the guys we needed. Bryan Walters was a pleasant surprise.
Quote:Walters:

Walters should be ahead of Greene and Lee with his consistency...

Those numbers are impressive and the 3rd WR position should be his to lose.
Quote:idc PFF SUCKS
Yup. 
Quote:The Bengals have had Eifert all year, so there was never a problem at tight end in Cincinnati. When Thomas can stay healthy, we will see more passes thrown his way.

Yeah, I know. That's why Bengals receivers numbers are a little lower. Eifert gobbles up alot of production (as well he should).

If Julius Thomas ever gets back to playing like he used to,, he'll rightfully gobble up some production too.
Quote:Yeah, I know. That's why Bengals receivers numbers are a little lower. Eifert gobbles up alot of production (as well he should).

If Julius Thomas ever gets back to playing like he used to,, he'll rightfully gobble up some production too.

I think Julius Thomas will be fine after he develops some chemistry with Blake Bortles.
Quote:Walters should be ahead of Greene and Lee with his consistency...

Those numbers are impressive and the 3rd WR position should be his to lose.

I agree. Though, many don't think that (not saying they're right or wrong). I'd prefer Walters to stay the #3. So far,, he is the epitome of reliable.
Pages: 1 2 3