Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South-Week 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to wish everyone a Happy Veterans Day, and thank the vets for putting their lives on the line to help keep us safe.

Having dispensed with this, the division's dysfunction didn't necessarily translate into failure for those teams last week.  Indy overcame the firing of Pep Hamilton and a players only meeting where it was alleged the front office is dictating playing time and lineups over the coaching staff to beat the previously unbeaten Broncos.  Meanwhile in Nashville, the tacks overcame the firing of Whisenhunt and the hiring of Mike Freaking Mularkey to actually beat the Saints.  The Texans managed not to lose during their bye week, and my beloved Jaguars largely outplayed the Jets, but still managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, turning the ball over not once, not twice, but three times within the last 5 minutes of the game.  The division's overall ineptitude transferred to me and my picks, as I only got one out of three right.

There are better days ahead for me and the Jaguars..right?   Right?!?

The picks...

Jacksonville (2-6) at Baltimore (2-6)-In a matchup of two closely matched teams, the Jaguars travel to Baltimore to face the Ravens.  The Jaguars may be travel weary as they close out this road stretch, but fortunately they are relatively healthy.  The Ravens, however, recently lost ageless WR Steve Smith to a season (possibly career) ending Steve Smith to a torn Achilles.  The rest of their receivers combined were not as productive as Smith.  That should make them easier to defend, especially in the running game.  Turnovers notwithstanding, the Jaguars looked improved against a good Jets team.  I think the Jaguars-against my better judgment-take one against the Ratbirds.  Jaguars 21-Ravens 17.

Carolina (8-0) at Tennessee (2-6)-Tennessee wunderkind QB Marcus Mariota had his second game of his rookie season where he threw for 4 TDs and 0 INTs in a game in the win against New Orleans last week.  But he is going up against a Carolina team that has frustrated opposing passers all season long, most recently Aaron Rodgers.  Carolina remains unbeaten (though I despise the tacks, I hate typing that Carolina is unbeaten) in a 27-16 win over the tacks.

Houston (3-5) at Cincinnati (8-0)-History suggests Houston wins this game.  Over the years, when the teams met in the postseason, Houston owned Cincinnati, knocking them out of the post season in back to back years.  I think, however, the dynamic has changed.  Houston does not have a QB or a running game.  Dalton, however is playing well for the Bengals, as is the defense.  The Bengals take the win in Cincy 31-14.

Last week:  1-2

Overall: 16-12

Ravens, panthers, bengals. Another o-fer week in the AFCS and at the end of the year when the colts win the division at 6 or 7 wins it'll be time for Gus to be fired due to his inability to coach the team up enough to win the worst division the NFL has ever seen.

Ravens over Jags

Panthers over Titans

Bengals over Houston

1-2 last week

14-10 overall

1-2 last week

17-11 Overall

This week's picks:

Ravens

Panthers

Bengals
0-3 last week

14-14 overall

Jags. Panthers. Bengals.
Jags, Bengals, Panthers, Colts loose the bye.

2-1 last week.

15-13 overall.

Ravens over Jags

Panthers over Titans (although, I can see the Titans potentially causing an upset here. Something about the Panthers I don't trust).

Bengals over Texans

13-15 overall

Ravans Jags are winless on the road for last couple years.  Jags last win was vs browns,and Henne was the qb.  Bortles hasn't won a road game in nfl yet.

Bengals over Texans

Panthers

Jacksonville @ Baltimore - I feel like the Baltimore game is right in this Defense' wheelhouse. They don't have a lot of passing threats so they are going to want to run the ball. Jacksonville, despite losing the game, actually had a decent defensive performance and I think they keep it going. I don't think the Baltimore Defense is going to be able to hold down Bortles and Co. all day so this one seems winnable to me. Jacksonville with the win.

Carolina @ Tennessee - I think the magic runs out for Mularkey and his guys here. That Carolina defense looks pretty good and I don't think Mariota will fare any better than Aaron Rodgers did. Carolina with the win.

Houston @ Cincinnati - the Bengals keep it going for one more week.

Last week: 1 - 2

Overall: 16 - 12
0-3 last week

13-15 overall

Jaguars over Ravens

Panthers over Titans

Bengals over Texans

1-2 Last Week

14-14 Overall

I'll take the Jaguars over the Ravens

Panthers over the Titans

Bengals over the Texans

11-17

Jags

Panthers

Bengals
1-2 Last Week

15-13 Overall

Week # 10 Selections:

Baltimore 

Carolina

Cincinnati
Jaguars

the other cats

the bigger cats

All cats today.

Jags

Panthers

Bengals
Jags,Panthers(Wouldnt surprise me to see them lose tho...) and Bengals.

Are jags now favorites for the division. They seem to have caught Indy's late game luck
last...

Don't speak too soon.

Remember, just last week we had 3 turnovers in the last 5 minutes of the game.

This was miracle of Indy proportions.

We had dropped ints, ridiculous penalties and defensive stops and turnovers at critical points. This is the Indy blueprint.

Now if we heap all praise on Bortles and ignore all the bad play maybe we can get a couple of seasons of this...
Quote:last...

Don't speak too soon.

Remember, just last week we had 3 turnovers in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Tony Dungy apparently called us contenders tonight.  That made me feel all warm and fuzzy.
Pages: 1 2